TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Single element with the most dropped items

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally vertical loops, cobra rolls, and other high positive g elements don't produce dropped items because they are pushed down rather that upwards. But zero g rolls and corkscrews will because the positive force is less than one.

Airtime hills are really big killers for loose articles. I lost a season pass before on Ride of Steel's airtime hills (luckily it was my last visit of the year anyways). Also, last summer I nearly caught someone's phone while riding Millennium Force in the back seat. Could you imagine what the person's reaction after the ride would be if I handed their phone back to them?

I lost a phone on Skyrush and Hershey mailed it to me two days later, not a scratch on the thing and still 15% battery when it got to me. I'm not certain where on the ride I actually lost it so it was probably just at the bottom of the lift hill, but that kind of ruins the magic of the whole thing so I pretend otherwise to myself

I know a lot of people lose things on TTD. Either at the base of the tower on the pull up, or at the top near the crest. I have frequently seen things fly off this coaster at those points, and the base of the tower always has random things laying around. I've seen some pretty unique coins from TTD where the coin has come out of someone's pocket and hit either the track, or a support and been bent in half!

^ Yes! I saw like three phones and two wallets flew off the same train at Chimelong Paradise once!

Now that's what I'm talking about! That's hilarious and yet I feel for those poor people because losing a wallet really ruins your day. I bet some of these parks have a ridiculous lost and found department, the more I realize how common it is for things to go flying. I have only seen something go flying once in person, but I probably don't pay as much attention when in line sometimes

Just to contribute my own video, here's the item I saw flying off this little coaster at the fair - 0:40:

What comes to mind for me are the airtime hills on Goliath at SFOG - I took this photo a couple years ago - the expressions are priceless. I guess that's what you get for breaking park rules.

Personally, I did lose a few items on Kumba's lift hill many years ago, such as quarters that I was intending to use to lock up my camera while on other rides.

goliath_lostphone.thumb.jpg.32a4c0d90c60ef4c08b4233cd6fb610b.jpg

Don't text and ride!

I305's lift hill always has a ton of coins.

The first airtime hill on I305 has all the cellphones

The twisty parts on I305 you can find scrunchies, earrings, cellphones, wallets, money (basically things in peoples pockets). I've also found someone's weave here before.

The last 2 airtime hills and the final twisty have a decent amount of cellphones and a lot of car keys.

Similar to Hydra's Jojo roll because of how slowly its taken, I would say Superman: UF at SFDK. I've seen plenty of maps and phones fall out on the top barrel roll, especially if there's wind. Also on any of those awful looping stars there are always pockets that are emptying. At one park I was at you could look down into the water below and see all the hats, cell phones, and wallets that had fallen in the past.

The old 1st generation Intamin firewall's were great for collecting loose change...

I can confirm that. I started a change jar at the beginning of the season and it was full by the end, just from loose change I pulled out of the cars.

I think the single element with the most dropped items has to be pretzel loops on B&M flying coasters. That element has the power to take everything out of your pocket. I personally lost my phone on Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flag's Great America and during the same lap my brother lost his wallet. Luckily, we both got our items in the mail a couple weeks later. Ever since then I've been sure to put everything in a buttoned or zipped pocket.

Vertical lifts would also be killer, but the only one I've been on is Rip, Ride, Rockit and they make you put all loose articles in a locked compartment before entering the line.

The old 1st generation Intamin firewall's were great for collecting loose change...

I can confirm that. I started a change jar at the beginning of the season and it was full by the end, just from loose change I pulled out of the cars.

I wonder how much of that is intentional? Probably a small percentage but people always used to talk about the Demon Drop penny trick where you put it on your knee and watch it float, then try (and usually fail) to catch it. We've been known to do that a few times.

I know a lot of people lose things on TTD. Either at the base of the tower on the pull up, or at the top near the crest. I have frequently seen things fly off this coaster at those points, and the base of the tower always has random things laying around. I've seen some pretty unique coins from TTD where the coin has come out of someone's pocket and hit either the track, or a support and been bent in half!

I had about three feet between me and a cell phone that came crashing down from TTD while I was walking towards Gemini (near the Caricature/Guess Your Weight stands). Almost surprised that they don't have netting in that area as I am sure that anyone that has worked those booths probably had more than a few close calls with flying objects.

Also agree about Demon Drop. Right at the end when it flips you upright you could always see and hear change falling while in line- and there was always a ton of change laying in that area underneath. But you know what? I never witnessed anyone jumping the fence to go in and pick it all up. This day and age, you would need razor wire and a high electric fence to keep people from jumping in to retrieve their lost cell phones, wallets, change, etc.