TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Front Seat Vs. Back Seat Coasters.

For me on the new woodies and steel coasters the back seat is the place to be and on older coasters depending on the roughness the middle or front seat and way old coaster the front seat.

Yep. For example, if you stay off the wheel seat of King Dominion's Rebel Yell, it's a fun ride; over the wheel, not so much, whether in the very front or the very back.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So for my home park, here are the coasters that give a great (or better) back seat ride:

• -Vortex
    -Behemoth
    -The Bat
    -Ghoster Coaster
    -Flight Deck
    -Mighty Canadian Minebuster
    -ThunderRun (Powered Coaster)
    -Dragon Fire
    -SkyRider (Removed and now operates at Cavallino Matto as Freestyle)
    -Wonder Mountain's Guardian (4-D coaster)

Now, here are the coasters that give a great (or better) front seat ride at my home park:

• -Leviathan
    -The Fly
    -Silver Streak
    -Backlot Stunt Coaster

The only coasters that don't have any difference in experience as to where you ride at Canada's Wonderland in my opinion are Wild Beast and Time Warp. The only coaster I haven't been on is Taxi Jam so, I don't have any preference to that.

Now, here are some coasters (which I have been on) that give a great back seat ride at other parks I have visited:

• -Vortex (Kings Island)
    -The Racer (Kings Island)
    -Adventure Express (Kings Island)
    -The Bat (AKA Top Gun/ Flight Deck, Kings Island)
    -Woodstock Express (Kings Island)
    -Invertigo (Kings Island)
    -Talon (Dorney Park)
    -Steel Force (Dorney Park)
    -Thunderhawk (Dorney Park)

Now here is a list of coasters that I've rode at other parks that give a great front seat ride:

• -Hydra The Revenge (Dorney Park)
    -Stinger (Dorney Park)
    -Possessed (Dorney Park)
    -Wild Mouse (Dorney Park)

So, that's my opinion for which coasters give great front seat rides and which coasters give great back seat rides.

This is a hard question. I generally prefer the more sudden intense jerk and onset of airtime as you crest a hill in the front on rides known for ejector air like superman ROS or El Toro than the more gradual onset in the back. The first drops are almost always better in the back though and sometimes the feeling of being pulled over hills is just as fun. B&M hypers I usually prefer in the back because the airtime is more gentle and floaty. I enjoy the almost freefall sensation going down hills in the back more than the gentle lift cresting hills in the front. Wooden coasters are a toss up a lot of the time for me.

Biggest coasters I have been on:

Shambhala - Back

Furius Baco - front INSIDE SEAT

Dragon Kahn - Back

Swarm - Front

Nemesis Inferno - Back

Saw - Back Middle (the inversion after the MCBR Is incredible)

Colosus - Back

Stealth - Front

Nemesis - Back

Rita - Front

Oblvion - Front

Air - Back

Smiler - don't waste your time even riding

13 - Back

My general rule is if its launched then front or not very good but good/intense coaster back

My only exception is flying coasters, where which seat you pick does not make a difference.

After riding Tatsu in the back row I have to disagree with you. The whip off the lift into the curving first drop and the force of being pulled down into the pretzel loop is much more intense in the back row.

Well, as most people say, in the front you get the best view and you are the first-hand facing the layout, but in the back it's more extreme because you are getting tugged by the train.

I'm gonna compare it on my favorite coasters.

Goliath (Six Flags Great America)

• Front Seat: I love the view from the front on Goliath! It's so great, and you can really take in most of the ride.
    Back seat: Ah, getting tugged by the front on this coaster is just incredible! I'd recommend it if you are a first time rider.

Raging Bull

• Front Seat: The only pro to being in the front is that you get the best view, and the drop is fun because you can see it.
    Back Seat: On Raging Bull, the back is so much better. You get tugged by the train so incredibly well, you actually get airtime, and the drop in the back is outstanding

Helix at Liseberg! Front and back are completely opposite, both incredible but incomparable. However, even though I have to queue for an hour (as everyone knows the secret) on Collosus at Thorpe park for the front, or else it is too rough. I also make the most of Saw front row, because it is not much longer. Finally, I seem to be the only person in the world, who prefers Balder at the front, to the back.

Most of the time I don't care where I sit, but it depends on the coaster. Some rides have it better in a certain seat. For example, Full Throttle has a lot of hang-time in the back and a big jump of airtime, but it's forceless in the front. In the end it all comes down to personal taste. I'll list all the coasters in my home park.

Front:

Viper

Riddler's Revenge

Batman

Scream

Twisted Colossus (personal preference for this one)

Revolution

Back:

Apocalypse

Goliath

Goldrusher

Full Throttle

Ninja

Either:

X2 (I love the outside seats)

Tatsu

Twisted Colossus (anything but the middle)

Superman

???:

Green Lantern (not that I ride it or anything)

Generally speaking, I prefer front row on all floorless coasters, boomerangs and most launched coasters. Every other coaster I prefer back row.

Superman: The Ride is the most glaring exception. The view, smoothness and airtime are all much better in the front row.

Front row is definitely great on Floorless coasters. Something about it is amazing.

Generally speaking, I prefer front row on all floorless coasters, boomerangs and most launched coasters. Every other coaster I prefer back row.

Superman: The Ride is the most glaring exception. The view, smoothness and airtime are all much better in the front row.

Front row is definitely great on Floorless coasters. Something about it is amazing.

Maybe because the only thing in front of your is track?

I love the front seat of my home coaster, Coaster, though I rarely go for it during my regular visits to Playland (PNE).

I usually go for the third row, which for myself is perfect, when riding Coaster again and again and....

But the front of the train is pretty awesome, when you can really look ahead at what's coming up in the ride.

IMG_7528.JPG.792cd74a7973da14fb9333f47994a5cb.JPG

Woo hoo!