TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Coaster You've Been On?

Seen a few threads of what particular coaster moment is the most intense, or what the most intense coasters from certain manufacturers are, but what I'm wondering is, overall, what's the most intense coaster you've done?

Personally, I'd say it has to be BTR clones, or possibly the now defunct Skyrider that was at CW... So much relentless pacing on both those rides.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Maverick is pretty intense. Not necessarily in the terms of positive g's, but the sheer intensity of all the directional changes so rapidly combined with really intense ejector time definitely makes it one of the more intense coasters I've ever been on.

Most intense coaster is difficult to me because different coasters are intense at different spots and for different reasons.

For a short burst of insane intensity:

Kingda Ka

Dragster

Superman clones pretzel loop

For a relentless ride of many consecutive moments of intensity:

El Toro

Maverick

Skyrush

Storm Runner

Batman clones

Raptor

Phantoms Revenge

I've been on a lot of roller coasters, and for me there are 2 that are far more intense than any other intense coaster...

I-305 (In a bad way, I completely black out on this ride and it is extremely discomforting as much as I wish I could enjoy it. I never come back until the ride is halfway through)

Skyrush (In the best way! I absolutely love this coaster, just wish the restraint could be flat on my legs instead of having that awkward pressure point)

Vintage shout out to Mindbender at SFOG. The "horizontal loop" is ridiculous, as is the final vertical loop.

Maybe my perception would be different today, but I recall the face-ripping speed and simultaneous head banging on the swooping base of the original Steel Phantom's second hill to be insane. Awesome thrills and horrific pain in equal measure.

The original X felt like a car accident. The seat rotations were tremendously clunky, and the whole course was intense in a "square wheels" sort of way.

The intensity of SkyRush, combined with the vulnerability felt in those wing seats, make it nuts. i305 is another good mention for pouring on the positive forces, but SkyRush hits hard in every sense: buck nutty positive, negative, and lateral g-forces. I don't know why the laterals aren't discussed more...the mini-Stengel curve and s-curve have literally dumped my upper body from one side of the seat to the other. Those two elements are the only ones where I've felt the need to hold on in order to simply keep myself upright. I don't know how anyone goes a full lap with their hands up without getting rag-dolled. I love it!

The pre-trim days of Mantis were heavy with positive g's. Nothing like numb legs, headbanging, and that plastered-to-the-wall Rotor effect! Graying out in the incline loop wasn't uncommon for me. I didn't flat-out hate the coaster, but I'm glad to see the conversion to Rougarou.

I305-I've been on this ride well over 50 times and I've yet to have a ride where I didn't grey out. I don't mind it, as it usually only lasts until I reach the top of the first airtime hill.

Kumba-Last row on the far right seat is amazing! Some of the most intense g forces I've felt on a ride.

Montu-Another ride that's intense in the last row.

Skyrush-Amazing airtime from the lift, to almost near the end of the ride. I've never been on a ride that felt like it was trying to throw me out until I rode this one.

There's a lot of them, but airtime/transition-wise;

Skyrush

I305

Maverick

And inversion-wise;

Kumba

Old School Inverts (Batman, Raptor, Montu, etc.)

Hulk

If I had to pick an overall coaster it would be Skyrush. All the elements on that ride were totally unexpected, and the airtime was double that of any other coaster I have ridden.

Skyrush without a doubt. I grey out right before the second hill every single time, and when I sit on a wing seat it feels like my body is being torn apart (in a good way), I think this is the best description of that feeling:

...the mini-Stengel curve and s-curve have literally dumped my upper body from one side of the seat to the other. Those two elements are the only ones where I've felt the need to hold on in order to simply keep myself upright. I don't know how anyone goes a full lap with their hands up without getting rag-dolled. I love it!

It's a bit strange because I rarely grey out on I305 which is taller, faster, and has greater positive g-forces. Somehow it's never felt as intense. I almost blacked out completely on Batman: The Ride once, gotta love/hate those old-school B&M's. Although it wouldn't be considered intense by many people, the wildest ride I've ever had on any coaster is the back row of Boulder Dash. It's a bit painful being thrown around in my seat so much, but damn it's fun.

As far as I'm concerned, Batman at Magic Mountain backwards was probably the most intense coaster experience I have ever had.

I sat in the last car of the train, and after we dropped off the lifthill, I knew I was screwed. The entire ride completely messed with my equilibrium, and during the entire thing I could not actually believe the sensations I was going through. It was the craziest 40 seconds I can remember, and I could not find myself to re-ride.

I-305 for me. I had a grey out during that first turn. The person who I was riding with actually had a black out. Not sure if it was because of the heat (was a really hot day). Only the second time I have ever had one, the first being on Goliath at Magic Mountain.

Enjoyable intense is probably Batman the clones. I love those rides and can see why there are so many in the World.

There's a lot of them, but airtime/transition-wise;

Skyrush

I305

Maverick

And inversion-wise;

Kumba

Old School Inverts (Batman, Raptor, Montu, etc.)

Hulk

Except for Hulk which I don't really get this is my list exactly but maybe with a little more emphasis on Montu because in the back seat... Wtf???? (In a good way) Lol