TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holy Land Experience to open a Bible-themed mini golf course

I'm not making this up!

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/tourism-central-florida-blog/os-holy-land-experience-orlando-mini-golf-20151118-post.html

Holy Land Experience to open Trin-I-Tee miniature golf

Holy Land miniature golf

Caitlin Dineen / Orlando Sentinel

Caitlin Dineen Caitlin DineenContact Reporter

New Bible-based mini golf coming to Orlando, Holy Land Experience

Holy Land Experience visitors will soon be able to play miniature golf through the Old Testament.

The Christian-based theme park in Orlando expects to open the "Trin-I-Tee Miniature Golf Course" by Christmas, park officials announced Wednesday.

"It's a bookend story so it should be a very fun, powerful and entertaining way to walk through the Bible," said Jonathan Martin, the course's designer and creator.

The nine-hole golf course was announced at the Orange County Convention Center Wednesday during the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions expo.

The annual event brings together representatives from the world's tourism and attractions industry to showcase what's new. It is often used as a platform to announce to expansions and projects, such as Holy Land's.

Martin said he started design work on the course, which is about 8,000 square feet of space, three months ago. Construction started earlier this month, he said.

The course starts in the Old Testament with players standing in Noah's Ark surrounded by animals.

Continuing through the course, players will stand side-by-side with David as he faces Goliath, they'll be inside the belly of the whale with Jonah, and the whole course ends with the New Testament and the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.

The highly-themed golf course uses a mix of materials including wood, concrete and foam, said Martin. It will be located inside the kid's play area, which is call "The Smile of a Child."

The course will be part of regular park admission, which is $50 for adults, $35 for children ages 6-12, $20 for children ages 2-5, and free for children younger than 2.

Park officials said they came up with the idea of constructing a miniature golf course after talking to some of their younger visitors.

"Our purpose is we're trying to get more younger folks in," said Les Cheveldayoff, who is one of the park's multiple Jesus actors.

Cheveldayoff said children told them they wanted something more interactive, instead of the traditional static scene displays that can be found throughout the park.

Each hole includes information about that specific scene and lines of scripture. Placards will also tell players what the par is for that hole.

The Vineland Road attraction, just off Interstate 4, is open from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. It features historical and theatrical presentations based on events in the Bible.

cdineen@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5414

I wonder...

- Will one of the rules be to not take the Lord's name in vain if you miss a putt?

- If you knock your ball into a water hazard, will Moses part the water so you ca play through?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the press conference and have the video. If you would like to see it...

Around the 6:30 mark I may have dropped a WTF when the knock off Helen Mirren was saying she has seen people healed by visiting their park. And maybe another when she said it was at least a 2 day experience, preferably 3.

Its was a total trainwreck

• 5 months later...
^Oh yeah! In fact, one of the first miracles was His hole-in-one on the windmill hole at the Bethlehem Putt-Putt.

Well, that is some solid bulletproof evidence right there, what more do you need? I'm now officially a believer!

Oh dear lard, I don't know where to start. I had 3 of my in laws down from lawdy ho god sacred virginia and they wanted to go there. Asked us if we wanted to go, and well, hell no. Short story. they went, paid some ridiculous entry fee and all said they were ripped off. This coming from one that is a bible thumper, one who is an athiest and one who was, get this, a methodist minister ! How is that place still in business ? It looks like a total rip off from the street

There are a lot of "biggest ball of twine" tourist traps in the televangelist, snake-oil tradition, and we more of them like I need lumps in my mattress. Nevertheless, if one of them would just be less profiteering and promote the message that people should be friendlier, more loving, and more considerate toward one another, sure -- I'd put down for 18 holes.