TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2015 Live Coverage!

A closer look at SallyCorp's Justice League dark ride for SixFlagsOver Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, and Six Flags Mexico.

This is the Australian version.

I mentioned a few pages ago that there's not a model of the Six Flags versions of the ride, but my guess is that they just slipped up a tiny bit while trying to bring us as much coverage as possible. It's also kind of confusing with the JLBM award on top of it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read through all of this great coverage of everything coming up, but I still couldn't find

any explanation about the T-Rex track, and how they were planning to do a lift hill or launch

system. Is there any explanation there for how they're going to do it? Or is that being kept

under wraps, for now? I might have missed it, so I'll put that to my age.

And thanks for everything posted, Robb and everybody!

PTC, please change your restraints!

Bring back buzz bars! (I can dream can't I?)

but seriously, those lap bars are just brutal, I have a smaller frame, and the way those lap bars sit on me, it's either painful, or very uncomfortable.

A closer look at SallyCorp's Justice League dark ride for SixFlagsOver Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, and Six Flags Mexico.

This is the Australian version.

I was just going by what they had on display. You should be correcting them, not us. Thank you.

IMG_0898.thumb.JPG.7c319200f0d08deceb12ce711e330b76.JPG

This coverage is insane and really is the best source for the latest information. Those numbers you've Tweeted are insane: who could ever think TPR would grow so big within a decade. Keep up the good work and the numbers are your confirmation that it is appriciated

I think the most interesting stuff has come from RMC (the Raptor and T-Rex track), Sally (new Walking Dead dark ride), and Triotech ("hands-off" shooting-dark-ride system). I like what PTC is doing with their trains now, too.

^ By the way, Lagotronics also offers hands-gesture dark-ride systems. Do they have a booth over there as well?

When I saw that option at their EAS booth, I told the guy:

"Oh, so you're the one making the Ninjago rides at Legoland?

- No."

Woops.

Actually, he laughed then, and said Merlin choose Triotech... and "made a terrible choice".

I'd be curious to see how their system works. I thought all of these were going to be some sort of Kinect-like, but Triotech's is way different, so I am curious about Lagotronics' as well now.

^I enjoyed Voyage to the Iron Reef at Knott's, so I'm curious about Triotech's future projects. I've never heard of Lagotronics, but healthy competition is always good.

Edited by cfc

Thanks for all the IAAPA coverage so far! Lots of awesome and exciting stuff coming in the next few years. I'm especially excited about the innovation coming out of RMC and S&S and for Sally's The Walking Dead shooting dark ride. I'm curious to see what parks will pick up TWD rides.

Love the coverage and all the amazing photos! The waterpark models are always so fantastic, they look like candy fields.

The Walking Dead attraction is a nice highlight, be great to see that done somewhere shortly. Sally is just an impressive company. The RMC track looks like it would be great for use in highly themed coaster attractions.

Yes anyone can attend, but it is more expensive if you're not a member. Also, correct me if I'm wrong Robb, there are Member only areas one the showroom floor as well as workshops that are for members only.

Yes technically anyone can attend but you're right it is more expensive if you're not an IAAPA member.

Was the VR coaster experience at Fun Spot in connection with the Google Cardboard technology?

No. Not that I was aware of, but then again, I don't know what "Google Cardboard Technology" is. The units and devices were supplied by Samsung.

Edited by robbalvey

Yes anyone can attend, but it is more expensive if you're not a member. Also, correct me if I'm wrong Robb, there are Member only areas one the showroom floor as well as workshops that are for members only.

Yes technically anyone can attend but you're right it is more expensive if you're not an IAAPA member.

This is true. If you really want to go to IAAPA, you can. It's $385 for a non-member ticket. But keep in mind this trade show is not "play time" as it's an industry trade show for the people who are doing business with other industry vendors to attend. If you're sole purpose is going there just to "check it out" or "play" then you're going for the wrong reasons.

Was the VR coaster experience at Fun Spot in connection with the Google Cardboard technology?

No. Not that I was aware of, but then again, I don't know what "Google Cardboard Technology" is. The units and devices were supplied by Samsung.

Poor man's OculusRift. Take a smart phone, put it in this cardboard thing you wear on your head like a goggle, use the phone's sensing functionality to react to your movement, BOOM, VR for $8. It is actually shockingly effective.