TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Announcements for 2016?

I actually agree with Pulsar at Walibi Belgium missing the mark.

Sure it will be a fun ride, but come on third shuttle? If they had more verity I would be exited but I kind of wanted a spinning coaster. In 2012 we where teased with either a reopening for Turbine (Psyké Underground) or a Maurer Spinner. Well we got the reopening so why not make your next coaster the idea you had 3 years ago? It just doesn't feel right to add Pulsar now. I even think that the park is not getting a "real" coaster now, look at sister park Walibi Holland that seems to be a "real" coaster.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the Cedar Fair announcements (or lack thereof)

I don't like the idea of Cobra's Curse at BGT. I like spinning coasters, but I feel that they needed something to take over Gwazi's space.

Personally, I think Cobra's Curse might just raise the bar for spinning coasters. Much better than yet another generic spinner. As for "Gwazi's space," be patient.

Gwazi's queue was used as a haunted house at this year's Howl-O-Scream.

Glad to hear some part of that ride was useful.

I went, and yes, Unearthed was AWESOME. What I MEANT was a permanent location, like a Frisbee or something.

This...this actually looks pretty friggin' awesome! You're one of those people who don't like Divertical, aren't you?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Totally agree. Its the first of its kind in the world as far as I'm aware and could produce a really unique ride experience.

It's a half pipe coaster with a splash, what's there to like about? So is it really a unique world's first? In my opninion no, and it's the 3rd shutle coaster they're having. Also don't expect a lot of theming. So excuse me for not being overly excited for this ride. It could surprise me, but I'm just not expecting a lot of it.

I'm more looking forward to the wooden coaster @ Plopsa, because it's a full circuit coaster, a woodie and it will be nicely themed.

To close things up, if you live in Belgium, only get the opportunity to visit 1 park and you want to drive 2 hours for it, which one would you prefer next year?

- Walibi (Pulsar and mediocre Vekoma and Gerstlauer launch coasters),

- Plopsaland (Heidi coaster, nice theming and a very good Gerstlauer launch coaster) or

- Phantasialand (Taron, Black Mamba, Chiapas, theming, etc.)?

I rest my case...

(not even mentioning Efteling here with it's premium line-up)

You know not every new ride needs to be a 600 foot tall inverting rmc monorail track launching wing free fly aquatrax megalite coaster.

If it's fun that's far enough.

This...this actually looks pretty friggin' awesome! You're one of those people who don't like Divertical, aren't you?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Totally agree. Its the first of its kind in the world as far as I'm aware and could produce a really unique ride experience.

It's a half pipe coaster with a splash, what's there to like about? So is it really a unique world's first? In my opninion no, and it's the 3rd shutle coaster they're having. Also don't expect a lot of theming. So excuse me for not being overly excited for this ride. It could surprise me, but I'm just not expecting a lot of it.

I'm more looking forward to the wooden coaster @ Plopsa, because it's a full circuit coaster, a woodie and it will be nicely themed.

To close things up, if you live in Belgium, only get the opportunity to visit 1 park and you want to drive 2 hours for it, which one would you prefer next year?

- Plopsaland (Heidi coaster, nice theming and a very good Gerstlauer launch coaster) or

I rest my case...

You know not every new ride needs to be a 600 foot tall inverting rmc monorail track launching wing free fly aquatrax megalite coaster.

And where in my post exactly am I saying that I want this? This tread is for people to say what announcement for 2016 they don't like. I don't like this one, period, get over it. The park doesn't need a 3rd mediocre shuttle coaster or a 2nd mediocre launched shuttle coaster. Walibi was ones a pioneer in Europe, then went through hell after the Six Flags period and Vertigo debacle. Now they are starting to redeem themselves, however, not with this latest addition. If you want your attendance number to rise again up to the old days and achieve growth in your business; then you have to come up with something other than what you allready have.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I rest my case...

And where in my post exactly am I saying that I want this? This tread is for people to say what announcement for 2016 they don't like. I don't like this one, period, get over it. The park doesn't need a 3rd mediocre shuttle coaster or a 2nd mediocre launched shuttle coaster. Walibi was ones a pioneer in Europe, then went through hell after the Six Flags period and Vertigo debacle. Now they are starting to redeem themselves, however, not with this latest addition. If you want your attendance number to rise again up to the old days and achieve growth in your business; then you have to come up with something other than what you allready have.

well not to shit on your shoes but just that it's a shuttle doesn't mean that it is the same as a boomerang. That's a bit like claiming full throttle is like revolution and that's why they shouldn't have gotten it because it's a full circuit coaster. I can argue even if you tell me to "Get over it".

Sorry but what i meant with the "600 foot tall inverting rmc monorail track launching wing free fly aquatrax megalite coaster" was that enthusiasts (you) happen to expect way too much from parks even tho what they're getting is revolutionary to about 90% of the population but they don't realize it because they'll be quick to correct someone and say "Actually *insert maker* made a ride like *insert name* already in *year* so it's not anything NEW"

I was going to say Soarin' over Jimmy Fallon but then realized that it's not a 2016 attraction.

I guess I'd have to go with LaRonde running an SLC backwards. That just sounds unpleasant.

They are running their batman clone backwards, not their SLC. Yes, they have both.

I was going to say Soarin' over Jimmy Fallon but then realized that it's not a 2016 attraction.

I guess I'd have to go with LaRonde running an SLC backwards. That just sounds unpleasant.

They are running their batman clone backwards, not their SLC. Yes, they have both.

Oh thank goodness. Well in that case I'll just be formulaic and complain about whatever park is getting a Larson Looper.

well not to poo-poo on your shoes but just that it's a shuttle doesn't mean that it is the same as a boomerang. That's a bit like claiming YOLOcoaster is like revolution and that's why they shouldn't have gotten it because it's a full circuit coaster. I can argue even if you tell me to "Get over it".

Sorry but what i meant with the "600 foot tall inverting rmc monorail track launching wing free fly aquatrax megalite coaster" was that enthusiasts (you) happen to expect way too much from parks even tho what they're getting is revolutionary to about 90% of the population but they don't realize it because they'll be quick to correct someone and say "Actually *insert maker* made a ride like *insert name* already in *year* so it's not anything NEW"

Once again, I'm not expecting way too much, just something different than this. And do you honestly believe that the '90% of the population' you're talking about won't see the obvious resemblance to Psyké? They will see Pulsar as 'the Psyké Underground ride that doesn't go upside down, but has the splash'.

Walibi needs to put itself back on the map, but this ride (probably) isn't going to do it, not if you compare it to other parks just 2 hours away. And trust me, people do search the internet and parks like Phantasialand or Efteling are making a lot of advertising in Belgium. So you don't have to be a coaster nerd or whatever to know that just across the border there is much better to be found for about the same price.

The worst announcement specifically for 2016 was that Disney Hollywood Studios was gonna be mostly shuttered up with a whopping 5 mechanical rides available to visitors going there. It'll be a lot better in subsequent years. but visits to the park in 2016 won't really improved over the park in 2013 or 2014. Everyone who got a ride and didn't have an superior attraction removed to get it is doing just fine.

The worst announcement specifically for 2016 was that Disney Hollywood Studios was gonna be mostly shuttered up with a whopping 5 mechanical rides available to visitors going there. It'll be a lot better in subsequent years. but visits to the park in 2016 won't really improved over the park in 2013 or 2014. Everyone who got a ride and didn't have an superior attraction removed to get it is doing just fine.

I don't even understand why they are closing so much. Yes the park is small but it has nothing around it except for a few near highways. Relocate Studio Dr. S and expand the park!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I rest my case...

well not to poo-poo on your shoes but just that it's a shuttle doesn't mean that it is the same as a boomerang. That's a bit like claiming YOLOcoaster is like revolution and that's why they shouldn't have gotten it because it's a full circuit coaster. I can argue even if you tell me to "Get over it".

The purpose of this thread is to discuss announcements that you do not like, not to debate someone elses opinion. You are free to disagree with someone's opinion but you do not need back and forth arguing after each side had made their point. At that point you agree to disagree and move on.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70907&p=1629436#p1629436

In reviewing this list there are few things additions that I think are bad.

I'd rather not beat the dead horse with the Larson Super Loop since the Six Flags parks that are getting them need intense flat rides.

I think the worst announcement is what Europa Park is doing to Alpen Express. I just don't get it, and don't think I would like it.

I don't understand why Universal Orlando is making another King Kong ride. I'm sure the themeing will be quality but before the next movie comes out? I know that there was a popular King Kong ride before, but of all the rides or IP to bring back, why this one?

enthusiasts (you) happen to expect way too much from parks

Agreed- I guess people get used to getting new rides every year and therefore come to expect it, but it really does sound silly to say you're disappointed that a certain park IS getting a new ride.

I was expecting to come in and hear complaints about delayed rides or things like that, not, "this ride is not good enough, I want something BETTER!"

I guarantee you that daily, somewhere on Universal property, a guest will ask unironically "Where is the King Kong ride?" It was a pretty integral part of their marketing from when the park opened to when the ride closed and people still remember it. It's also probably as big in the lore of cinema history as most of universal's classic monsters. I think the ride will do fine drawing in people.

Because simulators are fun.

I guarantee you that daily, somewhere on Universal property, a guest will ask unironically "Where is the King Kong ride?" It was a pretty integral part of their marketing from when the park opened to when the ride closed and people still remember it. It's also probably as big in the lore of cinema history as most of universal's classic monsters. I think the ride will do fine drawing in people.

I imagine this also happens with Jaws as well. I doubt that happens as much as someone thinking the entrance to Potter's Alley is the entrance to the bathroom though.