TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Announcements for 2016?

You know that 'most anticipated attractions for 2016' thread? Well, this thread is the exact opposite.

What's the thing that disappointed you? A coaster? A flat ride? A new area? A walk-through attraction? Discuss the rides, attractions and possibly even water areas that made your face from to .

I personally don't really have an attraction I wasn't looking forward to, but you all might have!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Various Parks: A whole lotta nuthin'.

If I had to choose a park that gets something, then Dorney's "Picnic Pavillion Palooza" gets my vote. That's not to say that it won't be beneficial to the park - it's just not for me.

Most of the Cedar Fair announcements (or lack thereof)

I don't like the idea of Cobra's Curse at BGT. I like spinning coasters, but I feel that they needed something to take over Gwazi's space.

Personally, I think Cobra's Curse might just raise the bar for spinning coasters. Much better than yet another generic spinner. As for "Gwazi's space," be patient.

The 66666666666666666 new larson loopers that six flags is raping their parks with.

I'm seriously betting between my friends that Six Flags will put 2 into one park next year and try to make it seem more amazing by putting them next to eachother and naming it like "Batman VS Superman - Battle for Texas"

I don't like the idea of Cobra's Curse at BGT. I like spinning coasters, but I feel that they needed something to take over Gwazi's space.

Personally, I think Cobra's Curse might just raise the bar for spinning coasters. Much better than yet another generic spinner. As for "Gwazi's space," be patient.

Yeah, I agree. I'm actually super psyched about Cobra's Curse! IMO, the park NEEDS another ride in that 42" height restriction for families. Think about it, they have plenty of 54" rides with Falcon's Fury, Kumba, Montu, and SheiKra. Cheetah Hunt fits the 48" demographic GREAT! And with Gwazi being gone, although that had a 48" height restriction, I think adding something that more members of the family can ride, AND it being a totally unique ride, is going to be awesome for the park!

And yes, Chuck is right about being patient with Gwazi's spot!

I'm not that excited about the Frozen overlay of the Maelstrom mini-flume, as well as half of the country of Norway (or the ever-present 100 minute wait times the ride will command).

But then again I totally am.

Also, I wish Valravn was shattering Dive Coaster records rather than just slighty edging them out. That was as meh as that announcement could really be.

Pulsar @ Walibi Belgium. At last the park gets a new coaster and guess what, yup, it's another shuttle coaster...everybody cheer...NOT!!!

What once was a pioneer in Europe is now an uninspired piece of whatever comes out of this:

This...this actually looks pretty friggin' awesome! You're one of those people who don't like Divertical, aren't you?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I agree, I think Cobra's Curse will be a nice addition to Busch Gardens Tampa. It's unique from any of their other coasters, it will be their first spinning coaster, and it will add another family coaster to their park. Also, the area where they are putting it fits their park perfectly as it's not too big to take too much space of their animal safari area. The Gwazi area is bigger so I'm looking forward to what they plan for that area next year!

For me Cedar Points Valravn coaster is a little disappointing. I would had hoped that coaster would be taller than 223ft, just 23ft more than Sheikra, and the track course don't impress me much. I like the tracks of both Sheikra and Griffon better. It's not that I don't like Valravn, but had bigger hopes for a new dive coaster and it does not make me consider making a trip there to ride it as other new coasters interest me more.

Edited by CoasterGoddess

I have to say, I'm thrilled about most of the announcements for next year. Dollywood, Cedar Point, BGT, Great Adventure and Sea World all seem like they're getting some great new coasters. I love the fact that Knott's and Magic Mountain are restoring iconic coasters to their former glory. I love the Frisbee at Kings Dominion and I love that Wonderland is getting another crazy flat ride to go with their other crazy flats. Sure parks like SFNE are getting underwhelming additions but I sort of like the Super Loops and didn't expect much the year after they got Wicked Cyclone. I'm having a really hard time finding anything to complain about... I guess I can complain about Dorney not getting anything new but I never really expect anything from them anyway so it doesn't bother me much. If Six Flags America was my home park I'd be really annoyed but much like Dorney... what did you expect?

^I was going to post about Six Flags America, but I've decided that instead of being down about it I'd just not renew my pass (which unfortunately means no Great Adventure) and splurge for a platinum pass, planning trips to Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Kings Island and Cedar Point. Sounds like an upgrade over SFA and Great Adventure to me

But seriously, the park has been getting better and the park looks to be in pretty good shape but they've invested next to nothing in new rides. Like $3 milllion in 2014, $1 this year and $2 million next year? Kinda sad.

Gwazi's queue was used as a haunted house at this year's Howl-O-Scream.

This...this actually looks pretty friggin' awesome! You're one of those people who don't like Divertical, aren't you?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Totally agree. Its the first of its kind in the world as far as I'm aware and could produce a really unique ride experience.

It's a half pipe coaster with a splash, what's there to like about? So is it really a unique world's first? In my opninion no, and it's the 3rd shutle coaster they're having. Also don't expect a lot of theming. So excuse me for not being overly excited for this ride. It could surprise me, but I'm just not expecting a lot of it.

I'm more looking forward to the wooden coaster @ Plopsa, because it's a full circuit coaster, a woodie and it will be nicely themed.

To close things up, if you live in Belgium, only get the opportunity to visit 1 park and you want to drive 2 hours for it, which one would you prefer next year?

- Walibi (Pulsar and mediocre Vekoma and Gerstlauer launch coasters),

- Plopsaland (Heidi coaster, nice theming and a very good Gerstlauer launch coaster) or

- Phantasialand (Taron, Black Mamba, Chiapas, theming, etc.)?

I rest my case...

(not even mentioning Efteling here with it's premium line-up)

Gwazi's queue was used as a haunted house at this year's Howl-O-Scream.

Glad to hear some part of that ride was useful.