TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks that let you down!

I was disappointed in Cedar Point. It was my first "real" road trip ever, leaving just a few weeks after graduating high school. I'd even say that I enjoyed our visit there, but once I really started getting out more, I realized its just a mediocre park that we MADE fun.

Kings Dominion let me down some too, I actually like Carowinds better which seems to be a rarity among enthusiasts. KD had a really good line up of coasters but I couldn't help but think the park and staff just sucked. Maybe it was just a really off day, meh.

To a lesser extent, I was disappointed in Holiday World too. However, there are people here who's opinions I really value and take into consideration a lot, and when I was told by others that it may not be the best place in the world, I lowered my expectations a bit and the disappointment was less than it could have been...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday World (on my first visit pre-Voyage/Gobbler Getaway) - Had heard for years that this was the best of the independent parks. However, as others have said, besides the coasters there aren't many flats to enjoy.

I felt the same way towards Holiday World. Pre-voyage I left fairly kind of "meh" about the park. I had a good time,but wasn't really blown away.

I never went to HW pre-Voyage. But, I have thought about what the park would be like without it. I think Voyage really makes the park. You've got 3 world class woodies, a nice waterpark, a decent rapids ride, a slightly crappy log flume with a funish pitch black tunnel, bumper cars, a double shot, and reasonably priced games and food. It's not a massive park, but it does make for a nice day trip for me (only 3 hours away). Give them 5 years. If they keep this momentum, it'll be a really nice park.

I might be jetlagged beyond belief, but I can't believe how bad Magic Mountain was.

I wasn't expecting much anyway, but even so, it was shocking. Train stacking left, right and centre, staff on cellphones, rides breaking down more than Sienna Miller does, but I could go on.

What really blows is that this park could be amazing, but the time and effort is simply not there, and only the management from recent years can answer that.