TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks that let you down!

(this is a different topic from over rated parks)

So.. WHat parks have you been to that you had really high hopes for... But just ended up getting let down at?

When I first found out about Acro and DejaVu going to SFOG in 2001... I wanted to go but never had the chance.. So in 2004 I got all my crap set up... And got myself down to SFOG.. for 3 days of 'fun' and what do I find........

DejaVu was closed everyday and I didnt even see themn once try to get it opened.... Acro... Closed everyday.. same as DejaVu....

So the 2 rides I wanted to ride more then anything at the ucking park.. Were closed... But wait... It gets better. The enterprize was also closed everyday I went... The "NEW for 2004" CB coaster never opened... And the intamin firstgen went down every other car....

So.. SFOG let me down big time....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGM Studios. Granted I went before Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roll coaster were built. There really wasn't a whole lot in the park back then (over 10 years ago). After going on Star Tours, seeing the Indiana Jones show, and going on the tram ride, I was done.. all in 2 hours. I spent 4 days at WDW and only went to MGM once. I'm glad that they've improved the park dramatically, I can't wait to go back next time I'm in FL.

Back in the day going to PGA was a big deal, but the last few times we went were majorly lame

I not a fan of the Grizzly, but it was running so rough it really hurt. Deja Vu was open, but it seemed like they were letting on person on at a time, a super slow line, then when we got right there, it broke down, YIPEE, the Demon was boring and the food was not good at all, not that it was ever, but it seemed worse this time, and Stealth, which was still working was completly underwelming, "we waited 4 hours for this?"

The only upside was Top Gun is still a good coaster

I won't be going there for a while, maybe they will sell to Cedar Fair, or Six Flags and some changes can be made, it seems the other Great America is a bit better

With apologies to the guy who started this thread , I would say that the park that most recently let us down was our Labor Day trip last year to Canobie Lake Park. We were looking forward to a pleasant couple of hours at the park and just didn't get it. The Cannonball had a huge wait all morning due to a one train operation, the Rockin' Rider was down (although I guess now it's officially SBNO), and we just got a real sense of unfriendlieness from the people working there. Most importantly though, the one ride I was most looking forward to, The Mine of Lost Souls (I'm a big Sally fan), was down as well. The park just didn't do it for us. We chalked it up though to just being a bad park day. We'll hopefully give it another shot sometime down the line.

A major upset for me was SFA. When i was there, Batwing was down, as well as Two-Face. Superman was a decent ride, but i felt they could have added more to it, airtime wise at least. Thier SLC was just the same as any ol' hang n' bang, very dissappointing. Wildone and Roar were the only coasters which were pretty good, IMHO. Dissappointing for going 4 hours out of my way on the way home. The eating areas were also disguisting, as well as the arcades.

I've never been to a park for the first time and been let down, but I've been pretty let down on repeat visits.

I love the park, but recently I've been getting let down by Six Flags Great America. It's a great park with a nice collection of rides, but they still seem to have issues keeping the coasters operating. During my second to last visit, I arrived at the park to find that they had four coasters that we're closed. Four!! The staff has become relatively sluggish and lazy. On top of this, the park has just become incredibly busy. During my last two visits (through the week), it was almost impossible to find any coaster that didn't have an hour wait. That's for any coaster. I would say almost half we're lined out to, if not passed, the entrance. I don't want to turn anybody away. It's actually my favorite Six Flags park. I just haven't had good luck with it recently.

• 1 year later...

I'd have to say the only park that let me down was Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

While I was on vacation and doing two parks I didn't care for this one. My family and I went to this park and Holiday World.We loved Holiday World.

During my visit T2 was down for more than have the day.when they did get it running only one train was going and it took forever to get on. Chang was a good coaster, but it too had only one train operating and we had to wait 2hr to get on. It stunk. Our last ride of the day was Hellevator as the park was closing and when we were at the top it got stuck for 5min because there was a little girl that was climbing on the exit gate. The water park lines were outrageous.

In conclusion we had a horrible day.

Magic Mountain is always a let down (X is the only thing I love and it's always closed), so is Great Adventure - except with a gold Q-bot. La Ronde pre Goliath (haven't been post Goliath), was just awful. Epcot circa 1994 was a fantastic cure for insominia, as is Australia's own Dreamworld on the gold coast.

My biggest letdown at any park turned into one of my best visits ever. I drove the 6 hours to pigeon forge just to do Dollywood for the first time when Thunderhead opened. The remains of a hurricane centered in around knoxville and it POURED all morning. It was miserable. The park staff however turned it around for me by giving me a free windbreaker (I hadn't brought any warm clothes, as it was in August) and directing me to Blazing Fury. Also, when the weather finally cleared up, they decided to stay open an extra 3 hours!!! This was even though there were very few guests in the park!!! In the end I got more than 60 rides on the Thunderhead, with 43 straight in the back seat without getting up. I would have done more, but my legs fell asleep. Incidentally, this past summer Julia and I went down to ride Timber Tower, and it was down. The park still delivered in the end for us, though.

-James Dillaman

Knott's Berry Farm...

I went a few times when I was really young and then again when i was in 8th grade (1997). Back then it was a pretty fun place, definately not Disneyland and not SFMM.

I went again this past May and I was let down. They have a lot of new stuff, but the whole feeling of the place has changed so much. Lots of hot concrete and a lot of what I remembered from my early vists was gone. I talked to a worker at one of the Camp Snoopy shops (a young girl, about my age). She was talking about how she used to always visit the park as a kid and how its changed so much that its just not the same and she doesnt really care to hang out there anymore (not sure if it was work related or not). But at least i knew I wasnt alone.

Good thing I had cheap $25 tickets, otherwise I would have felt ripped off.

^ Completely agreed. I was even warned extensively about how bad the coasters at PCW sucked, yet was still blown away by the sheer torture that they were to ride. Considering the coaster collection, location and price, it will be a long while before I go back there.

The other two parks that come to mind are Knotts Berry Farm and Geauga Lake. Both are fine parks, but I really was expecting more out of both of them.

-Julie

SFGADv: Wow, talk about more overcrowded and annoying than Magic Mountain. None of the theming that I saw was very good (especially that hideous character cafe), and Nitro didn't diliver for me nearly as much as AC did. The only good thing was El Toro, and it had the worst ops I have EVER seen. It took 10 minutes to regularly dispatch a train. I mean, it's because of all the whiny people who don't bother to use the damn test seat, but that is their fault, not mine, so they should just not get to ride instead of making what should've been a 1 hour wait into a 3 hour wait.

I know I'm quite alone in saying this, but Indiana Beach was the park that let me down the most.

This past year, I took a few days and hit up some parks in the OH/IN/KY area. The first night, King's Island, was great... well, at least as good as it can be the day Son of Beast broke. Day two, at Beech Bend, I absolutely loved. Day three, even, at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, was a great visit, contrary to most other people's opinions of it. Day four, Holiday World... well, it's an amazing place.

But on Day Five, the day to visit Indiana Beach, something just wasn't right. Whether it was the constant heat we had this summer, or just downright sheer dumb luck, I found the place to be amazing, but the staff ruined it with poor attitudes and overall unfriendliness. It was almost as though they didn't want you there, they just wanted to be out of work for the day.

So, while the rides and atmosphere of Indiana Beach are amazing, I have to say, overall the park was a complete let-down, and I'm hesitant on ever giving it another shot.

i'd have to go with Thorpe Park fist, purely because the queues are over the top! 3 HOURS TO GET ON A F*CKING ROLLERCOASTER!!!! i will NEVER do that again.

Chessington. One good rollercoaster, a good thrill ride and an ok-ish water ride. what more do you want?

Adventure Island. one good ride. thank God for the new rollercoaster for 2007!