TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia.

I agree that it used to be unbearably rough but with the topper track in the first portion and the new wood elsewhere I just find it moderately rough and VERY intense now.

I would love if they kept it as is, and just ran the topper track through the remainder of the course. It runs beautifully on that stuff.

Compared to GASM at the same park, I found the Georiga Cyclone to be a fun and intense wooden coaster with great drops and laterals. Proof that a good woodie doesn't need airtime to be a must-ride.

Then again, I usually skip wooden coasters, I just don't find them as much fun. They are good (and sometimes excellent) rides, just not my style.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't do any drop rides that just pull your to the top, stop, wait while I pee my pants and then drop. Maybe the exception was Tower Of Terror at Disneyland but I don't really count it as one of the stupid 'all we do is drop you whildt you make skid marks in your underwear' rides.

Green Lantern at SFMM was pretty crap too and we probably won't ride it if we ever find ourselves there again. I had high expectations that went unfulfilled (much like my wife...expectations of the ride that is ).

CG

Scream at SFMM. Easily the worst B&M I've ever ridden and is in the bottom 5 coasters at SFMM. You'd think a relatively new(ish) B&M floorless would be bearable, but it flat out sucks. After not riding it in about 2 years, I rode it at WCB this year and it was just as bad as before...and this was after it's "refurb". I MUCH prefer Viper.

Totally agree. Rough as a bag of nuts n bolts

Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia.

I agree that it used to be unbearably rough but with the topper track in the first portion and the new wood elsewhere I just find it moderately rough and VERY intense now.

I would love if they kept it as is, and just ran the topper track through the remainder of the course. It runs beautifully on that stuff.

Compared to GASM at the same park, I found the Georiga Cyclone to be a fun and intense wooden coaster with great drops and laterals. Proof that a good woodie doesn't need airtime to be a must-ride.

Then again, I usually skip wooden coasters, I just don't find them as much fun. They are good (and sometimes excellent) rides, just not my style.

Georgia Cyclone has intense ejector air if you sit anywhere in the second half of the train. The airtime is almost too much on some drops, but it's great if you like intense.

I would consider GASM a better woodie by far still, but some people hate it. If you avoid the back seat of any car and ride it once it has warmed up, it is smooth and provides floater air and some ejector air. The wheel seats will ruin the ride but the middle of the back car is awesome.

MaXair. Try as I may I can NOT enjoy MaXair, or any other HUSS giant Frisbee ride. If they don't make me vomit, they make me feel so sick after riding them, that makes a for a miserable day at the park for the rest of the day.

^ My partner is the same way. He used to be able to ride them, but got sick the past two times he has ridden. He said that Giant Frisbee's are now officially checked off the bucket list.

For me personally, they are my favorite flat out there.

I can not truly enjoy wooden roller coasters for the life of me.

Okay, the newer ones that have been coming out over the past few years are definitely better than some of the older ones, but wooden roller coasters really are not my thing. Whenever I ride a wooden coaster, I get some sort of headache or pain, due to the thrashing around. Steel roller coasters are more of my cup of tea.....

Mean Streak at Cedar Point is my nemesis.

I can not truly enjoy wooden roller coasters for the life of me.

Okay, the newer ones that have been coming out over the past few years are definitely better than some of the older ones, but wooden roller coasters really are not my thing. Whenever I ride a wooden coaster, I get some sort of headache or pain, due to the thrashing around. Steel roller coasters are more of my cup of tea.....

Mean Streak at Cedar Point is my nemesis.

I agree with this 100%! Try as I may I can NOT enjoy a wooden coaster, unless of course it's an RMC coaster like Outlaw Run. But that's an entirely different story.

For me, almost every spinning ride, It's A Small World and Dive Machines (I don't think they are anything special).

It's a Small World is a given. It's the kind of ride I had in mind when I made this forum. In my case, it isn't the soundtrack so much as it is the dull theming and design. It's just a forgettable ride overall, even with such (regrettably) unforgetable music.

I tend to pass on water rides when I go to most parks, though I have some exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Cedar Point fans, but I'm just not a huge fan of Magnum. I like it, but I don't love it.

Much like several other Arrow coasters, its design is just too clunky and awkward for me to fully enjoy it. For a hyper coaster, it seems to lose its sense of "big scale coaster" too quickly, and the airtime, while there's plenty of it, is too violent and painful on my thighs thanks to the awful lapbars and sharp track transitions, and that pretzel turnaround knocks me around in some really weird ways that always seem to remove me from the experience. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 205 ft tall mine train with some painful airtime.

Now before you go defending the ride on me, yes I have tried the seatbelt trick, and I've ridden in the second row of the last car, and yes, those tricks DO help. You do get the "best" experience doing those things, but nonetheless, I still don't *love* the ride. I always give it at least 1 or 2 courtesy rides a visit, but there are MUCH better coasters in the park I'd rather be riding.

*I prefer all the Intamins, B&Ms, Blue Streak, and even Gemini over Magnum. Just saying.*

Edited by SFOGdude25

I always hear people basically worshiping the Batman clones. Don't get me wrong, they're good rides, but definitely not B&M's best work. I think that if they weren't at basically every SF park that I may have more respect for it, but because you can ride it at every other SF park it just seems so repetitive. Plus they're a little too intense for me to enjoy more than one ride in a row on. That being said, I still would rate it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.