TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

This.

Same here. Those Looping Starships are EASILY the worst rides I've done. The lap bar crushes my balls, the OTSRs hurt my chest when leaning into the ride, and the hang time is just uncomfortable. It's just an unpleasant and awful ride.

I'm pretty sure this is the only example of me hating lap bars.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffon. It may be because BGW is my home park, but Griffon is just so boring to me. After the first drop that is about it.

Another one that i'm surprised no one has mentioned, is Anaconda. My GOD that ride is just complete trash. It goes through the entire layout at what feels like 5 MPH.

^Yup. This wins the thread for me. Those restraints are similar to the OTSR, lapbar combo on Revolution, except they actually crush you constantly like a lot of restraints on older flat rides do. They are basically the worst things ever. These rides might be fun if they had more comfortable restraints. But as those looping ships are now, I would rather ride an SLC or New York New York four times than ride one of those once.

This.

Same here. Those Looping Starships are EASILY the worst rides I've done. The lap bar crushes my balls, the OTSRs hurt my chest when leaning into the ride, and the hang time is just uncomfortable. It's just an unpleasant and awful ride.

I'm pretty sure this is the only example of me hating lap bars.

Agree totally.

That photo brings back some pretty aweful memories of when I rode my home park's version (which has thankfully since been replaced).

Actually, come to think of it, I've never cared for any of those looping-type rides. The Larson super loops are even worse than the Intamin looping starships (picture above). The hangtime on the Larson rides isn't as uncomfortable, however, it's just plain unnerving, with the rides often being poorly maintained by sketchy carnivals. Every time the op stops the train upside down, I just get an unnerving feeling that the whole ride's gonna fall apart, or the safety bar will break. Oddly enough, I actually feel safer on the zipper; probably because the ride experience itself is more enjoyable, taking your mind off how ghetto the whole thing is

Green Lantern at SFMM is the one for me (although I skip several rides there). I've only ridden it once and I have no desire to ever get back on it again. I know experiences vary from ride to ride, but my one ride was so beyond awful that I don't even want to risk it.

I'd also back the nominations for Skyrush (as others have mentioned), although I do consider it a must-try. When I was at the park last year, the place was dead, so I rode it a whole bunch of times just so I could get to know it. For me, a good ride needs to balance thrilling elements with some fun and good sequencing, but Skyrush's balance was out of whack. As other have noted, it's really more a test of endurance than anything that thrilling.

^^Oddly enough, I actually do enjoy the Zamperla versions of these rides. The restraints on these suck too, but compared to the Intamin ones they are far more enjoyable. I do not know why, but the Larson loops have the tendency to make me sick, more so than any other ride that makes these motions.

Green Lantern at SFMM is the one for me (although I skip several rides there). I've only ridden it once and I have no desire to ever get back on it again. I know experiences vary from ride to ride, but my one ride was so beyond awful that I don't even want to risk it.

I'd also back the nominations for Skyrush (as others have mentioned), although I do consider it a must-try. When I was at the park last year, the place was dead, so I rode it a whole bunch of times just so I could get to know it. For me, a good ride needs to balance thrilling elements with some fun and good sequencing, but Skyrush's balance was out of whack. As other have noted, it's really more a test of endurance than anything that thrilling.

I would have to agree on this one. Great Lantern is TERRIBLE. But X2 isn't all that bad. Just be sure to take your vitamins! And by vitamins, I mean, Tylenol.

Stitch's Great Escape.

OMG. I cannot stand that ride. I really think that by process of elimination, it may be the worst ride on Disney property. Between the obnoxious restraint, the burrito burp, and overall just feeling dumber when you come out of the attraction, I just can't stand it. I'm at the Disney parks probably 2-3 times per week and I don't think I've been in that attraction in about 5 or 6 years.

If it closed forever tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

Absolutely ROBB! I used to feel this way even more so with SOUNDS DANGEROUS. Now that that abomination is gone, Stitch is #1... What next will Disney do to appease the masses and not try to push any buttons?... #BringBackAlienEncounter

I think Predator up at Darien Lake comes in a close second...

Wow - there were some replies in this thread which shocked the S#!& out of me.

I'll agree on the Stitch abomination - horrible horrible experience.

I'll pretty much ride everything, and I can only think of a couple that I didn't / don't enjoy.

Any Chance Toboggan - Once was quite enough for me.

Hurlers - I'm sorry, I just really, REALLY dislike them.

Although I ride them - Windseekers / Sky Screamers. They really do scare the crap out of me.

Magnum XL 200 or any old arrow mine train, like Cedar Creek Mine Ride or Carolina Goldrusher at Carowinds. I basically need a cast for both femurs after I'm done.

Those old Arrow Mine Trains can be real knee crackers.

Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia.

All I had to judge by it after riding was this rough, painful, trim break heavy mountain of wood that is a body bruiser. For 2017, Six Flags should make this the next RMC.

If you're at Six Flags Over Georgia, ride Goliath instead. Much, much better

When did you last ride it?

I agree that it used to be unbearably rough but with the topper track in the first portion and the new wood elsewhere I just find it moderately rough and VERY intense now.

I would love if they kept it as is, and just ran the topper track through the remainder of the course. It runs beautifully on that stuff.

^

Hurler used to be tolerable, now I'm more than happy to skip it. Seriously, the jack hammering starts at the bottom of the first hill, before the first turn.

I'll also add stand ups to the list of rides I can't enjoy. I find them very uncomfortable and not all that great.