TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

Forbidden Journey. If this ride was anything but Harry Potter people would think it was rubbish. The technology behind the ride is impressive, and the show building and queue are stunning. Beyond that the ride does a terrible job of telling a story and is nauseating rather than thrilling. The 4K 3D version in Japan is somewhat better but still rushes you through like a toddler retelling the handful of plot points they can remember from four films.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just ridden the updated version, I agree about Test Track. The high-tech, interactive stuff was cool, but I thought the ride experience was a little obscured and the "point" not as clear. I still enjoyed it, but I think I liked it better the old way.

I like test track better with the new theme. The theming, and sign looks awesomer (is that a word?), and that furistic soundtrack in the queue is awesome! I also like how you can make your own car commercial, and it fits with future land better.

I think you are right in that it does fit with the concept of Epcot a bit more and "interactive" is a huge draw nowadays. For me it is just one of these times when I am a little bit too old school I suppose and didn't think they needed all the flashy stuff. I still LOVE the speed test though in either version.

Forbidden Journey. If this ride was anything but Harry Potter people would think it was rubbish. The technology behind the ride is impressive, and the show building and queue are stunning. Beyond that the ride does a terrible job of telling a story and is nauseating rather than thrilling. The 4K 3D version in Japan is somewhat better but still rushes you through like a toddler retelling the handful of plot points they can remember from four films.

Both Potter rides at Universal are amazing and technology wise are jaw dropping. I feel bad critiquing them as they speak for themselves in "wow factor" and ability to draw the GP. I did find however that "Escape from Gringotts", while awesome....just suffered slightly from not quite living up to the hype I had built up for it in my own mind. It had been described to me as "The Mummy on Steroids". When I rode it for the first time I loved it, but not to the extent that it became my favourite ride at Universal. I agree with the poster above about Spiderman/Transformers and The Mummy (couple to Bluto's bilge barges on a hot day) in being my most enjoyable rides at the parks.

Sometimes a ride is good and enjoyable, but doesn't quite meet the standard you set for it....which can feel like a letdown. I suppose the lesson is to not have any expectations, but that is almost impossible in the Theme park world. Who doesn't get excited when going on a new ride!?

Pretty much any of the Six Flags simulator rides (Right Stuff, Escape from Dino Island, FMTTM, etc). Just never did anything for me.

The SpongeBob ride was classic tho!

This might have been mentioned but I honestly don't enjoy Skyrush. The layout is amazing and the forces are absolutely insane. But the lapbars are just so uncomfortable with all the crazy airtime. It's one of the few rides where I'm happy to hit the brake run.

Anyway for me, it's X2. I hate that thing... It's seriously one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden. We rode it when it was X in its opening year and hated it, then over ten years later we finally made it back to California and decided to try it again given the overwhelmingly positive reviews. Once again... one of the worst experiences I've ever had one a coaster. No other Arrow could ever dream of being this bad. Kill it with fire.

I don't quite HATE it, but I agree that it's really not enjoyable. I skip it nearly every time (and always regret when I don't). It's like being strapped to an actual mechanized monster that's tossing you like a rag doll. I remember being SO STOKED for it during development and construction, and watching the old cgi renderings I was so in love. But the jerky rotations suck all the fun out of the experience.

Some more rides I can't enjoy are the Dartron Zero Gravity and some Musik Express rides. Zero Gravity is painful mainly due to the fact that there is a thin layer of padding between your head and the metal caging of the ride. I also feel neck and back pains while riding them. Does anyone else feel neck or back pains while riding a Dartron Zero Gravity? As for the Musik Express rides, I find them only enjoyable when they don't go super fast because I don't like getting an elbow in my rib or being squished to death by the other passenger(s). The Polar Express that comes to the Ex in Toronto is okay but, can become very uncomfortable when you choose a seat where the padding is missing due to the ride being transportable and being taken apart every few weeks.

Photo taken by Mighty Bluegrass Shows

Photo taken by Manitoba Hot

Stitch's Great Escape.

OMG. I cannot stand that ride. I really think that by process of elimination, it may be the worst ride on Disney property. Between the obnoxious restraint, the burrito burp, and overall just feeling dumber when you come out of the attraction, I just can't stand it. I'm at the Disney parks probably 2-3 times per week and I don't think I've been in that attraction in about 5 or 6 years.

If it closed forever tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

I haven't tried it as Stitch, but it was great as Alien Encounter. Seems like the ride is a shell of its former self. Granted, maybe a ride like that was too scary for Disney in the first place, but if that's the case pull the thing out and put in something better. Don't neuter it and ruin the thing.

The amount of pain this ride subjects to the groin area is ridiculous. I just don't understand the appeal of this ride.

It would be a really fun ride if you were sitting down rather than standing.

This. Just this.

The amount of pain this ride subjects to the groin area is ridiculous. I just don't understand the appeal of this ride.

This. Just this.

I actually enjoyed the short lived Equinox at Canobie and loved the ride's intensity. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. The ride's tendency to be down was a major bummer though.

OMG. Yes. I remember riding one of these at a state fair a few years ago. It was so painful. I figured I had just sat on my "manly" parts wrong or something. But the more I have read about them, the more I have realized that was not the case. The ride really is just painful.

Anyone who regularly visits SFDK will probably agree that Kong is literally Un-Enjoyable, it being a SLC and all.

Six Flags New England has the best SLC I've been on...and I'd still take Catwoman's Whip over it. Those rides are awful, but what else is new.

Anyone who regularly visits SFDK will probably agree that Kong is literally Un-Enjoyable, it being a SLC and all.

100% agree. Not that I absolutely hate SLCs, but Kong definitely seems to rattle me a little harder than others. SFDK could really use a better ride in that spot.

As for one ride I can't enjoy, I'd say Vortex at CGA. It's layout is okay I guess but the fact that it's an outdated stand-up coaster makes it almost unbearable sometimes.