TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

Whether we admit it or not, there's that one ride we just skip for no real reason. It might be a ride we just can't handle, it could be a ride that is physically painful. Perhaps a ride just isn't exciting enough, or it's too short for it to be worth our time.

Or we just don't like them

Anyone have a ride you just don't like? And if so, what's your reason?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingda Ka, I used to like the ride but since last season it has gotten so rough that it is almost unrideable for me. I normally don't mind rides that have a reputation for being rough like Scream Machine but Kingda Ka practically gives me a headache so I have only ridden it 4 times this season.

Ride it in the front, seriously. It's like night and day.

Anyway for me, it's X2. I hate that thing... It's seriously one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden. We rode it when it was X in its opening year and hated it, then over ten years later we finally made it back to California and decided to try it again given the overwhelmingly positive reviews. Once again... one of the worst experiences I've ever had one a coaster. No other Arrow could ever dream of being this bad. Kill it with fire.

Twister at Knoebels. It's such a shame, I really want to like it, the layout is downright amazing, but every time I get on it, I walk away saying to myself "That is such a brutal ride, never again."

But I never learn. Who knows, maybe one of these times I'll actually enjoy it.

Stitch's Great Escape.

OMG. I cannot stand that ride. I really think that by process of elimination, it may be the worst ride on Disney property. Between the obnoxious restraint, the burrito burp, and overall just feeling dumber when you come out of the attraction, I just can't stand it. I'm at the Disney parks probably 2-3 times per week and I don't think I've been in that attraction in about 5 or 6 years.

If it closed forever tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

Kingda ka/Top thrill and the various differently-sized clones of them.

Not because of roughness or anything, but they're very much a one-and-done ride for me. Mostly because the layouts are just boring. Giant hill, maybe a hop, that's it. I Personally prefer the storm runner/Xcelerator type launch rides that have a more interesting or at least a longer layout.

As far as non-coaster rides, i'm not a fan of any "Simulator" ride or show ride where you just sit in a restrained seat and stuff happens around you (Like robb mentioned with Stitch, but many others as well)

Europe in the Air at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. This is the park's worst simulator ride since King Arthur's Challenge (which, I must admit, was even worse). The pre-show is annoying, and the ride is nauseating. The building is better as a Howl-o-Scream maze.

My home park has at least a few skippable rides lol, but my biggest pet peeve that's taking up space at CW would have to be Tomb Raider. It's "Time Warp" now but I haven't ridden it since the name change, so...

Honourable mention: Flight Deck

I don't go to other parks often enough to dislike any of the rides as much as I dislike those two.

^Used to think flight deck was alright about 5 years ago, but last season I rode it and it was unbearable.

I'd also agree with you on time warp.

A ride ill probably get bashed for disliking, is actually Vortex at CW. Everyone says it's a great ride, but personally, I just find it rough... I always enjoyed the ride across the lake, the now defunct Skyrider (a ride most seemed to dislike) a lot more.

Then again, I haven't been on vortex in about 5 years though, so maybe I'll have to give it another go.

For me it is Gemini at Cedar Point.

This coaster really does nothing for me. It is not fun, and it is (to me at least) really freaking rough. Seriously, if it were to be taken down tomorrow, and replaced with a patch of grass I'd be just fine.

A ride ill probably get bashed for disliking, is actually Vortex at CW. Everyone says it's a great ride, but personally, I just find it rough... I always enjoyed the ride across the lake, the now defunct Skyrider (a ride most seemed to dislike) a lot more.

Welp, you guessed right lol. Can't agree with you (not even a little!) about Vortex. That ride is a gem!

And Skyrider? While I was sad to see it go in a nostalgic kind of way, I hadn't ridden it in years and it probably would have been an honourable mention on my list too if it were still standing lol...

Yup, you're backwards haha. But, to each his own! If you love 'em, ride 'em!

In Orlando, I really don't ever need to do Shrek 4D, The Voyage of Sindbad or Stitch's Great Escape ever again. There are a handful of Rides/shows that aren't that great besides those, but those are the three I really have no desire to ever give another chance. Stitch is certainly the worst attraction I've ever done, I went on it once 3 years ago and haven't even gone again, it is literally an annoying experience.

Outside of Orlando i wouldn't miss Ninja at SFOG, Any Vekoma Hang N Bang with the old ear-hugging restraints, Europe in the Air (So Lame!), or any Chance Inverter anywhere!

Scream at SFMM. Easily the worst B&M I've ever ridden and is in the bottom 5 coasters at SFMM. You'd think a relatively new(ish) B&M floorless would be bearable, but it flat out sucks. After not riding it in about 2 years, I rode it at WCB this year and it was just as bad as before...and this was after it's "refurb". I MUCH prefer Viper.

Coaster-wise, Gerstlauer Eurofighters (and similar examples from other manufacturers). They look great but deliver such mediocrity. Wild Mouse coasters and Spinners also come to mind.

S&S Towers and HUSS Top Spins are my flat ride representatives, the vast majority of all Dark Rides as well. Lastly, while not rides, they are attractions; I have no idea what compels people to go watch musicals/plays/shows at parks.

Ride it in the front, seriously. It's like night and day.

I'll have to try that next time I am at the park (or next year since I may not be back again until Holiday In The Park). 3 weeks ago I tried the 2nd row and even that was horrible.