TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Avatron Park for Atlanta Confirmed

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a second park in the Atlanta metro. The metro area is so spread out and has 6 million people. It's a long distance to Six Flags for most people even though it's so close to downtown and the park is almost always packed.

I don't see this happening but I'm all for it or any park really.

700 acres... Wouldn't that make it the largest amusement park in the world?

If all the land was park of the actual park and it had s single gate and not separated parks then yes I believe so.

Six Flags Over Georgia has 297 acres but 100 of those are parking lots and other facilities, 100 is the park itself and another 100 or so is undeveloped forest. The land may be 700 acres but the park would probably be much smaller than that.

^ That was my thought exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a road trip to check it out, but I don't really know if doing blockbuster-related theming is planning smart for the long haul...

(That being said, I don't care if Harry Potter is old news in 20 years, I'll cry if they ever change that particular park lol)

I'm just surprised they think this franchise will have enough staying power to design an entire theme park after it. I enjoy it, it's great... but 5, 10 years from now will anyone care?

Especially true, considering the attention span of a typical member of the franchise' target audience is like 7 seconds.

At best, I could see a themed area in an existing park that may be able to stick around for 10 or so years.

Realistically, the one place that might take a shot at building a park like this from the ground up is China (based on the Star Craft park they built from scratch), and that's partly because those pesky licensing issues a stateside operation would have to contend with aren't much of an obstacle over there.

(That being said, I don't care if Harry Potter is old news in 20 years, I'll cry if they ever change that particular park lol)

I think that one will be staying put for a good long time.

These are very good points. I saw the first movie and I don't really care about the series anymore. And it's only a few years old now. Maybe if a Hunger Games area were a small portion of the park it would work, but I couldn't see them using all the land on just that and having enough ideas to keep it alive.

On second thought this really does open up some great possibilities. I can't wait for "Mockingjay Part 1: The Ride". Apparently it's just going to be a 3 hour line where people expect something to happen once they reach the end of it but instead they're just dumped off at the exit and have an overwhelming feeling that they've just wasted 3 hours of their time for nothing.

On second thought this really does open up some great possibilities. I can't wait for "Mockingjay Part 1: The Ride". Apparently it's just going to be a 3 hour line where people expect something to happen once they reach the end of it but instead they're just dumped off at the exit and have an overwhelming feeling that they've just wasted 3 hours of their time for nothing.

South Park Cow Days: the Line Ride.

http://www.southparkstudios.fi/clips/150815/the-line-ride

So somebody wants to develop a theme park around the family friendly idea of children murdering other children who are less fortunate financially?

Sounds like it'll do really well.

Hey, T2:3D is still reasonably popular.

• 2 weeks later...