TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Young kids- SeaWorld vs Epcot

Whodey

My wife wants to skip Epcot and go to SeaWorld instead. The reason is we have 5 kids under 12 and the last time we have been to Epcot was 2000. She doesn't think the kids will be too thrilled with Epcot. My concern for SW is only one kid is 54". Any advice on where I should go with 5 kids aged 11, 9, 7, 5 and 1?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Epcot has added a lot more "kid friendly" stuff in the last 15 years. First of all, Test Track and Soarin' both have a 40" height restriction, which I think most of the kids should be able to ride, Mission: Space is 44" which at least three of the kids should be able to ride. They've added the Nemo ride, Spaceship Earth isn't quite as "preachy" anymore, etc. There are also a lot of "Kidcot" stations around World Showcase. They also have the Agent P quests they can do around World Showcase, and while there aren't a lot of "attractions" in World Showcase, they can always do the Mexico Boat Ride and some of the movies.

As far as SeaWorld goes, if you choose that route, it seems to me that with your kids heights you guys would be going mostly for the shows and exhibits, not the coasters, which there are plenty of both of those things for the kids to do.

Edited by robbalvey

Thank you for your quick response. I am hoping to go back in couple years to do Universal and SeaWorld when the kids can handle all the Universal rides. The weird thing is I kind of wanted to spend money on SeaWorld to show them support with all those idiots out there saying SeaWorld is "evil" animal abusers. I love the place.