TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Equal Access Pass Eliminated As Of November 6 2015

Did anybody notice the abrupt change to Six Flags parks disability policy and the elimination of the Equal Access Pass?

Effective November 7, 2015 - Six Flags parks will require a doctor's note in order to obtain what is now referred to as an "Attraction Access Pass".

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/plan-your-visit/guests-with-disabilities

What do you think of the change?

Reminds me of what the Disney parks used to refer to as the "Special Assistance Pass", commonly referred to as the SAP pass. So - will this be the "AAP" pass at Magic Mountain and other Six Flags parks?

Will guests receive some kind of Flashpass to use with their AAP pass to manager their reservation times for rides?

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm surprised. I know a few people that would go to Guest Services at SFGadv and claim they had Autism or another disability that isn't immediately obvious just to get an access pass.

I would assume this is fairly widespread, I've seen parents use their childs disability pass at Dorney. It seems like there's a fair amount of people taking advantage of a park being accommodating. I don't think a doctors note is too much to ask.

You have no idea how glad I am that they're doing this. I'm sick and tired of people abusing the system and faking disabilities to get the passes, and I've complained about it multiple times and here goes Six Flags actually FIXING a major problem at the parks. Six Flags actually listened...? I've waited 5 hours on Kingda Ka this year once because of this problem and now it's getting fixed. I'm sure there will still be the pathetic lowlifes who will forge doctor's notes but the issue will largely be eliminated. It makes it a little harder to take advantage of the system. The only people who deserve access to the program are the ones who really are disabled, and I feel bad that these lowlifes are ruining it for them.

So glad to hear this.

There is absolutely no reason someone shouldn't have a doctor's note or some kind of verification for their disability if they want to use a special service the park offers.

Does this also mean they will not be given immediate exit access to go on rides? I am not totally against that but it is abused I think, so maybe putting them on a Regular or even a Gold Flash Pass would be a more fair way of doing it. I'm not sure what that would mean for rides that are not a part of Flash Pass though.

So glad to hear this.

There is absolutely no reason someone shouldn't have a doctor's note or some kind of verification for their disability if they want to use a special service the park offers.

Does this also mean they will not be given immediate exit access to go on rides? I am not totally against that but it is abused I think, so maybe putting them on a Regular or even a Gold Flash Pass would be a more fair way of doing it. I'm not sure what that would mean for rides that are not a part of Flash Pass though.

It's essentially a regular Flash Pass... The user would check in and then would be able to ride after the posted waiting time has passed... The user wouldn't have to wait in line...

Good move by Six Flags, asking for a doctor's note isn't unreasonable. This seems to be a problem for the entire industry, especially Disney, and it's disappointing that some people have ruined the trust-based system by deciding to abuse it.

I like the idea behind it. However, this is going to end badly for six flags. If someone goes up to them and says "I have a disability and need this accommodation" and they deny that person because they don't have a doctors note, it is still going to get them sued.

I like the idea behind it. However, this is going to end badly for six flags. If someone goes up to them and says "I have a disability and need this accommodation" and they deny that person because they don't have a doctors note, it is still going to get them sued.

Damn right! 'Murica!

I'm glad Six Flags will finally be doing this. One of my last times at SF:DK some guy who accompanied a disabled person took the front seat of Roar and went to the left side of the double seat car. I'm standing in line as a single rider and i'm like "Can you slide over please so I can ride and not have to wait a extra min". Ask him on the lifthill "How long did you guys wait? I've been up on the platform for about 10 mins myself."

True. There will be people b*tching regardless.

I'll put it like this; I was feeling extremely determined that day . I was not about to leave without riding it and I had been on everything else multiple times; plus the fights and the tension building between the regular line waiters and flash passers vs. the people faking disabilities was too entertaining to miss.

I'm all for this. People abuse the system, it's nothing new. If someone can get away with something in order to gain an advantage, they will. Will this stop every single person? Probably not. Will it make it harder? I believe it will. Will certain groups of people bitch and moan about it? I think we can all agree this will happen. Should Six Flags cave to those people? Hell no.

Damn right! 'Murica!

I should also clarify that if the person actually DOES have the disability, it's a lawsuit they likely lose. ADA laws are ridiculously complex, but I am fairly positive imposing the extra burden of a doctors note doesn't qualify as "equal accommodation." Asking someone to provide proof is DEFINITELY illegal when it comes to service animals, so I'm not so sure the same doesn't apply to all other disabilities covered under ADA as well.

I'm sure Six Flags vetted it through their attorneys, but as someone who follows the industry very closely I am definitely interested to see how this plays out!