TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oktoberfest Muinch 2015 Photo TR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who the lucky park will be after Olympia Looping retires from the fairs?

There's been talk in Germany about it moving to Prater Park.

From what I understand is that it will be moving for this summer to the Prater and after that gig going str8 to the Oktoberfest(so it will be not traveling the German Fair Circuit in 2016, but again in 2017. ( I would cite a source, but I can not remember where I've read that, could be wrong too, we will see)

When Olympia Looping retires from the fairs, it probably would move to Taunus Wunderland as the Barth Family owns that park, unless they are getting a offer they can not refuse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
When have you been at Oktoberfest? When I was there it was always really crowded.

Also did you film the SkyScream POV on TPRs YouTube channel? (I know, kinda off topic)

No, I didn't filmed the Sky Scream POV. (But I've ridden it)

image.thumb.png.002fe5c132fffe1359c10a9f76d536b8.png

And the answer for question one

• 1 month later...
And here I have my POV of Höllenblitz, the indoor spinning coaster:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

That looks very fun, it doesn't seem too terribly spinny which is perfect for me (and I know many other members don't like spin'n'pukes) and this shoves Oktoberfest even further up my bucket list. Fantastic Trip Report by the way, thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful pictures and videos

How does Octoberfest work, like as far as ride tickets? Is there an "all day" band or something or is it like a pay per price for each ride? If so how much do each of the rides costs?

No all day band - all the rides are owned by different people, so it's pay per ride. The cost varies, but for most of the thrill rides it's 5-8 Euros or so. There's one day where it's a bit cheaper (the first Monday I think, which is "family day").

Generally when I've been (three years running, as it's such an amazingly fun time!), I've found that I had to budget 100 Euros a day for beer, food and rides. Beer price varies a little but it's 10-11 Euros per litre so 40-50 Euros is will do beer for the day. Then 20-30 Euros for food (meals, plus a bunch of snacks) and 20-30 Euros for a couple rides.

How does Octoberfest work, like as far as ride tickets? Is there an "all day" band or something or is it like a pay per price for each ride? If so how much do each of the rides costs?

No all day band - all the rides are owned by different people, so it's pay per ride. The cost varies, but for most of the thrill rides it's 5-8 Euros or so. There's one day where it's a bit cheaper (the first Monday I think, which is "family day").

Generally when I've been (three years running, as it's such an amazingly fun time!), I've found that I had to budget 100 Euros a day for beer, food and rides. Beer price varies a little but it's 10-11 Euros per litre so 40-50 Euros is will do beer for the day. Then 20-30 Euros for food (meals, plus a bunch of snacks) and 20-30 Euros for a couple rides.

Yeah, you pay per ride and there is no all day ticket. The family day is every tuesday from opening till 6pm, with reduced prices. While I was there, I can tell you the prices of some rides:

Olympia Loping: 9€

Alpina Bahn: 5€

Cobra: 5€

Power Tower: 7€ (5€ on weekdays till 3pm)

Skyfall: 8€

Wild Mouse: 5€

Höllenblitz: 7,50€

But I'm not 100% sure with these prices!

• 2 months later...
This coaster is called Cobra - Lost Kingdom Coaster, but I have a better name for it: Cobra - Lost Smoothness Coaster!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Is it still fun? Would you recommend it?

Fun not really. But I recommend riding it for the count and then you know that you don't wanna ride again...