TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oktoberfest Muinch 2015 Photo TR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's a lot of build up for a ride that lasts a few seconds. Looks like the conveyor-belt bit is the best part (not to mention a challenge for those who've been drinking a lot).

^That's a lot of build up for a ride that lasts a few seconds. Looks like the conveyor-belt bit is the best part (not to mention a challenge for those who've been drinking a lot).

The conveyor belt is the best part, but sadly we didn't went there when there were all the drunk people!

^I imagine watching all the drunks trying to survive the conveyor belt would be the best show in town.

Yep, I would say that too!

So those guys standing at the start of the conveyor belt, are they there to catch people falling??

Exactly and if you wish, one of the workers goes up with you if you don't want to truly on your own, like the smaller kids!

^I imagine watching all the drunks trying to survive the conveyor belt would be the best show in town.

You mean like the stuff in this classic?

Best part is that there is a very nice outdoor Beergarden right across the slide, plus you are next to Alpina Bahn. Basically, you have your beer, watch people acting like fools on the conveyor belt and have a nice Schwarzkopf coaster gracefully making it's rounds as free entertainment.

I'd love to check out Oktoberfest someday, but drinking one of those beer steins would probably put me under the table.

There had been rumors going around when we were there about whether the Munich breweries watered down the beers or made the beer with less alcohol during Oktoberfest, but I certainly couldn't tell if they did. When I think watered down, I think of Bud Light and the beer we had certainly didn't taste anything like that!

I managed to down 6 Maß (steins) of beer during our last night in the tent (about five hours) and I was still able to talk, walk and properly function. Just make sure to get one of those giant pretzels to soak up the beer and you'll be just fine!

Likewise. I didn't even wake up with a hangover the next morning (although I did gain a giant bruise on my thigh )...it's really good beer!

Nah, it likely has nothing to do with the purity laws.

Well made beer usually won't give you hangovers... Typically, that is a result of beer fermenting at too warm of a temperature for the yeast used, which can create fusel alcohols which can and do give bad headaches. Also remember, most Oktoberfest lagers and the similar are relatively low alcohol at 5% ABV or so, which in large volumes, is significantly lower than say 6-8% ABV beers (or higher).

It sure is well made and delicious, no doubt! Love German Dunkels, Oktoberfest's, Hefe's, etc...

^^ Have you ever had Radler? That had to be one of the most disgusting beers that I have ever tasted! I guess it would be a good starter beer for the newbie drinkers (16 year olds) being that it has soda pop (Sprite) in it, but it was definitely not my cup of tea.

I have also found that I don't care for the specialty German imports sold in the states like Spaten Optimator or Hofbrau Oktoberfest...it just doesn't taste very good. If I buy Bavarian six packs here, I prefer to stay with just the "regular" Spaten, Paulaner, Hofbrau, etc...

^^ Have you ever had Radler? That had to be one of the most disgusting beers that I have ever tasted! I guess it would be a good starter beer for the newbie drinkers (16 year olds) being that it has soda pop (Sprite) in it, but it was definitely not my cup of tea.

I have also found that I don't care for the specialty German imports sold in the states like Spaten Optimator or Hofbrau Oktoberfest...it just doesn't taste very good. If I buy Bavarian six packs here, I prefer to stay with just the "regular" Spaten, Paulaner, Hofbrau, etc...

I've never encountered a Paulaner I didn't like. Their Hefeweizen, Salvator doppelbock and Oktoberfest Marzen are all among my favorite beers. I don't care for Hofbrau Lager or their Maibock, but I find their Oktoberfest quite drinkable and their doppelbock Adultorator remains the best beer I've ever had in my life. Unfortunately, until the Hofbrauhaus in Buffalo gets built I have to go to Cleveland or Pittsburgh in February to enjoy it. I can get their Dunkel locally, though. Ayinger Celebrator is also quite good, and is Augustiner's Maximator.

I was talking to some of the Frankfurters at Darien during their break and they were quite enthusiastic about the Hofbrauhaus getting built. Hopefully they'll end up playing there on a regular basis. With that location, think of the business they'll do before Sabres, Bandits and Bisons games. I'm surprised they haven't built one in Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my onride of the Power Tower 2, not a drop tower, but a 220ft tall vertical ride. Kinda like an S&S Tower with lower speeds and a little bit of floater Air. But is is in my opinion way better than these Funtime Drop Towers, even if this hasn't a free fall! But just the overall ride is better.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...