TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGA 2018 project perhaps?

Unlikely, according to RMC these are intended for family entertainment centers not theme parks. T-Rex is for parks and is supposed to follow by one to two years.

Wouldn't the raptor track be somewhat of a test for T-Rex, as it is? Aside from the trains, isn't the track just smaller? In a way, this seems like somewhat of a test for both models. I'm sure we'll one day see a T-Rex test track, but it makes sense to see if the smaller variant works, first.

it seems to have a bit of a roar which gets me excited.

And one hell of a rattle.

Unlikely, according to RMC these are intended for family entertainment centers not theme parks. T-Rex is for parks and is supposed to follow by one to two years.

^Well that isn't even slightly true, it's definitely been promoted as a theme park attraction. When they recently promoted it, it was promoted as being perfect for small theme parks or any with small space

How is kenban's statement not even slightly true? Do you realize that Family Entertainment Centers are small amusement parks?

Guys, seriously. This isn't too hard. Just do the math.

This is all according to RMC's concept video at IAAPA:

Raptor holds eight people per train. EIGHT PEOPLE. Not only does it have a low capacity in terms of trains, but it also only has two trains on the track, due to it's lack of a mid-course break run. This means that the ride will have a lower capacity than a Gerstlauer spinning coaster, which features 6 trains and 3 mid-course break-runs. Spinning Dragons at WOF, a ride I have a fairly good knowledge of, has an agonizingly slow line. And it's D-ticket attraction at best! At most parks, an RMC will be a top tier attraction due to it's intensity and smooth ride experience.

I don't think there's any way in hell that this ride gets built at a park with an attendance above 800,000 or so. The only parks I believe could make a ride like this work would be Michigan's Adventure, Great Escape (if their guests can learn to sit in a seat properly), or something of similar or smaller size.