TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this track style is so loud that it makes B&Ms sound like whimpering puppies

----------------

I still think this is an awesome concept! Hopefully we will see a few of these popping up in 2017! RMC never stops amazing me with the things they come up with.

• 4 weeks later...

Roaring aside, I've been wondering just what kind of elements these new rides will be able to do.

What if we're thinking about things a little "backward"? I remember hearing an interview with an RMC designer saying that the elements on their current coasters couldn't pull too many Gs/ be too intense because the high forces would put too much stress on the ride. What if this TREX design allows them to have their stalls/rolls/step-up-underflips, along with more "traditional" elements like loops?... That'd be one hell of a ride if you ask me!

I wanna see an RMC Invert

Exactly

Same... Even better, an RMC launched invert... in the middle of La Ronde. That'd give the park the title of most inverts of any park anywhere (SLC, BTR clone, RMC).

Check your facts bro.

Dorney= 3 Inverts

Talon

Possesed

Stinger

Oh boy

Exactly

Same... Even better, an RMC launched invert... in the middle of La Ronde. That'd give the park the title of most inverts of any park anywhere (SLC, BTR clone, RMC).

Check your facts bro.

Dorney= 3 Inverts

Talon

Possesed

Stinger

Oh boy

Kings Island:

Banshee

Invertigo

Flying Ace Junior SLC

The Bat??

It's at least a tie

Exactly

Check your facts bro.

Dorney= 3 Inverts

Talon

Possesed

Stinger

Oh boy

Kings Island:

Banshee

Invertigo

Flying Ace Junior SLC

The Bat??

It's at least a tie

Dang and I thought I was being smart

Well Dorney is a little different though because it's 3 of their major coasters

Exactly

Check your facts bro.

Dorney= 3 Inverts

Talon

Possesed

Stinger

Oh boy

Kings Island:

Banshee

Invertigo

Flying Ace Junior SLC

The Bat??

It's at least a tie

Dang and I thought I was being smart

Well Dorney is a little different though because it's 3 of their major coasters

Most full-circuit, major inverts in one park... There, fixed

Anyway, back on topic, really wondering if any of the 2017 coasters will be a TREX design. My bet is that CF will build one first, or SF will put one in a park lacking an "RMC-able" woodie, along with converting one of the other major woodies at another park (the Boss at SFStL maybe?).

Roaring aside, I've been wondering just what kind of elements these new rides will be able to do.

What if we're thinking about things a little "backward"? I remember hearing an interview with an RMC designer saying that the elements on their current coasters couldn't pull too many Gs/ be too intense because the high forces would put too much stress on the ride. What if this TREX design allows them to have their stalls/rolls/step-up-underflips, along with more "traditional" elements like loops?... That'd be one hell of a ride if you ask me!

I can only imagine what RMC is capable of. How about an inverted double down? Or an inverted double up.

Anyway, back on topic, really wondering if any of the 2017 coasters will be a TREX design. My bet is that CF will build one first, or SF will put one in a park lacking an "RMC-able" woodie, along with converting one of the other major woodies at another park (the Boss at SFStL maybe?).

I would say that more realistically, SFI will build the first and CF will follow. And as discussed here so many numerous times, Iron Boss will not happen in any foreseeable future. SFStL is more likely to get the TREX - when pigs fly.

^Forget double ups and downs... I'd just like to see a regular airtime hill or two thrown into an invert... That's something rarely seen.

I was actually talking about an element on a sit down coaster that would be like their stalls now except have a double up/down instead of just a parabolic stall. I can see how you thought I meant on an inverted coaster though.

I'm guessing not Cedar Fair, seeing as they haven't done anything with RMC to date, but maybe Six Flags. However, I would actually guess Herschends would be the first to try it out, probably at SDC.