TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory, sure. It would be a nightmare to heartline something like that. Plus, you would want to have the track separate for the station, transfer, and lift.

For heartline purposes, yes. However, the station could just have a lower & upper level for loading/unloading.

In theory, sure. It would be a nightmare to heartline something like that. Plus, you would want to have the track separate for the station, transfer, and lift.

For heartline purposes, yes. However, the station could just have a lower & upper level for loading/unloading.

That would be absolutely amazing if someone could pull it off... And seeing what RMC's been doing lately, I'd imagine they'd be the people who'd try this first.

I have no clue if this is true or not but I read it on a Great Adventure forum (Greatadventurehistory). Apparently one of the survey animations for new rides (It was shown before this was announced though) had a rollercoaster animation with track that looks exactly like this (at the time they thought that it was just because it was a poor animation quality). It was a dueler and apparently the layout had a very similar layout to Twisted Colossus (but without the wooden feel). I am basing this off of what a few people are saying so it might be false but if it is true than Great adventure (or any park in the chain) could be seeing one of these very soon!

I don't know. I mean, it sounds really...bogus. I have reason to believe that what you are referring to is anything but the truth. I don't know though. I'm just going off what the the guy, who knows a guy, who knows the guy who once worked under the guy who's in charge of the games, told me.

I don't know. I mean, it sounds really...bogus. I have reason to believe that what you are referring to is anything but the truth. I don't know though. I'm just going off what the the guy, who knows a guy, who knows the guy who worked for for the head of games three years ago, told me.

Yeah I know what you mean. Its just a rumor and I agree that it probably is bogus but I wanted to see if anyone has heard anything like that on here.

I can confirm it, it's true. I got the email, and it's exactly as described. It was done in No Limits it was set to "Classic Coaster" in the program judging by the trains. The thing is though, the survey shows you a different concept every time you do it, so finding it would be very difficult.

It's a Mobius dueling launch coaster, with inversions. The trackwork looked poorly and hastily made so nothing can be confirmed from it really.

RMC said they had interested clients and that description says "You'll race through soild streets of steel".

I could see this track type easily being painted/themed to a roadway. We're obviously getting a little ahead of ourselves with this but it would make a lot of sense. The animation had a (at the time) strange looking boxy track but now seeing the TRex track it very well could have been a rough animation of that. Time ill tell I guess.

Could they have a sit down run on the top, and an invert run on the bottom of this? I think that would work in theory...

Someone brought up how difficult it would be to heartline a ride like this, but just to build off of you - what if the track could split to allow the sit-down and inverted trains to interact (with individual heartlines), then come back together for, say, a big marquee vertical loop? You could have one tall loading station, or two side-by-side with the tracks merging before the lift hill or launch, like the Intamin or B&M dual stations but without the switch track.

Just an idea.

It's a "T" shaped track to make big coasters out of. "Trex" is even sort of like "Track", just a cool name. I doubt they know what it's going to sound like yet, unless there's way more than that one piece of track somewhere. Edit: or maybe that's enough. Because it does have the potential to be loud.

It may allow fewer supports, but only if it ends up relatively large. The main savings is being much simpler to make, at least in number of pieces. Also no bending tubing. RMC's patents also talk about how the materials are under less stress due to avoiding the need to bend metal in ways it doesn't want to, and this continues that trend.

Edited by bill_s

Could they have a sit down run on the top, and an invert run on the bottom of this? I think that would work in theory...

Someone brought up how difficult it would be to heartline a ride like this, but just to build off of you - what if the track could split to allow the sit-down and inverted trains to interact (with individual heartlines), then come back together for, say, a big marquee vertical loop? You could have one tall loading station, or two side-by-side with the tracks merging before the lift hill or launch, like the Intamin or B&M dual stations but without the switch track.

Just an idea.

Now I keep picturing the splitting coaster from RCT3.