TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

This is going to be a big advantage for RMC. One of the big reasons why they are so limited in projects per year is because they hand build everything,

robots and computers make other manufactures track??? don't really get that statement. are there like 10 guys that get on each side of some steel and push opposite ways to twist their i box track currently? lol j/k

I meant that RMC's team builds all of their coasters on site. An outside construction crew isn't hired to build the coasters, like what is done for other manufacturers. (Example: Martin and Vleminckx build a lot of Intamin's large steel coasters)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a big advantage for RMC. One of the big reasons why they are so limited in projects per year is because they hand build everything,

robots and computers make other manufactures track??? don't really get that statement. are there like 10 guys that get on each side of some steel and push opposite ways to twist their i box track currently? lol j/k

I meant that RMC's team builds all of their coasters on site. An outside construction crew isn't hired to build the coasters, like what is done for other manufacturers. (Example: Martin and Vleminckx build a lot of Intamin's large steel coasters)

well, i know it's in a foreign country, but wildfire, from the construction videos, seems like there's just possibly the one RMC guy and the rest are all guys and companies from there. are we sure that everything done in america on site is 100% RMC crew? i know it has been said before, but it doesn't seem to make sense to have to pay all the extra expenses to have a 100% RMC crew at every site.

well, i know it's in a foreign country, but wildfire, from the construction videos, seems like there's just possibly the one RMC guy and the rest are all guys and companies from there. are we sure that everything done in america on site is 100% RMC crew? i know it has been said before, but it doesn't seem to make sense to have to pay all the extra expenses to have a 100% RMC crew at every site.

It's a team of RMC guys leading (and working with) a local crew. They have the experience and expertise, just not the shear manpower that some of the jobs require.

I like the looks of this but the first thing that popped into my head was that if the supports are positioned correctly, couldn't this style of track pretty much hold itself up? Like with the latest Giga coaster lifts? I know that it wouldn't be able to completely hold itself up but wouldn't it reduce the supports needed dramatically or am I just being an idiot?

RMC held a Q&A on Facebook last night, and a very successful one at that. They confirmed that the T-rex style track will have all steel supports. I asked if they would be willing to go to 200 or 300+ feet if a park wanted them to and they said they were up for the challenge! They also said atleast one park has already

planned a T-rex coaster in the very near future, so that's cool!

It's so cool to see a manufacturer interacting and talking with enthusiasts so much!

RMC held a Q&A on Facebook last night, and a very successful one at that. They confirmed that the T-rex style track will have all steel supports. I asked if they would be willing to go to 200 or 300+ feet if a park wanted them to and they said they were up for the challenge! They also said atleast one park has already

planned a T-rex coaster in the very near future, so that's cool!

It's so cool to see a manufacturer interacting and talking with enthusiasts so much!

Well, if my hunch is correct, and with a park building a T-Rex coaster soon, this could be big... VERY big.

...It's obviously an attraction that will be rolled out across the CF chain as an expansion to the massively popular dinosaurs alive attractions... T-Rex: Alive: The Ride!

1. Is RMC officially going to start calling it T-Rex track?

2. I am seriously excited; They're willing to go as big as their client wants, and one is being planned very soon. 2 and 2 add up, meaning this is going to be goooooood . Only question is, who's getting it? (Hopefully a nearby park so I can marathon the life out of that thing)

2. I am seriously excited; They're willing to go as big as their client wants, and one is being planned very soon. 2 and 2 add up, meaning this is going to be goooooood . Only question is, who's getting it? (Hopefully a nearby park so I can marathon the life out of that thing)

Well, idk about the bottom point, but count me in as one who'd actually be pretty happy if it was called T-Rex track. The list of cool names from these guys just continues to grow!

So far we have:

-Iron horse trac

-Zero G stall

-Wave turn

-Top Gun stall

-Step up underflip

-Tip out corner

-Corked roll

-Trick Track Double up

So, after all this craziness, why not T-Rex track?

-

Looking at the images, the main thing that pops out in my mind is highway overpass. It looks like a girder for a bridge/overpass. Maybe they're onto something, using this odd track for straightaways would allow for longer sections between supports, meaning less headaches for placement of a coaster. Potentially a lower cost to build as there will be less tearing up of existing landscaping.

Who's getting it??? Well my money is placed on a park that never rest on it's laurels, a park that loves First and Record breakers, A park with not one but Three(counting the two sides of one coaster as individuals) Alan Schilke masterpieces. A park looking to install a coaster to add to an already record breaking number of coasters. What better way then to introduce the world (the GP) to a coaster they can bill as ushering in a new era of coaster, a new type of coaster, a First, all things the GP will eat up. So you've got their attention with that, now captivate them with 20th coaster, record height /maybe speed and all the other records and first the park can claim added to the list and you have a recipe for World wide attention, and a huge profitable year(s) and that park if it wasn't obvious is SFMM with SFGADV following imo or it could even go vice versa I just believe SF will get the first T-rex type RMC coaster and it will be of those two parks.

All you guys are getting super excited about the possibility of a massive, all-steel RMC being built in the near future. Meanwhile I'm gonna love it if it turns out to be just a long monorail with banked turns. Rocket Rods take 2, anyone?

Aw crap, in writing that I just realized it's actually a very good possibility for Disneyland.

This reminds me of stuff I've seen in Japan...I could see *Ahem* Shinkansen *Ahem* speeds in the future without loss of speed towards the end of a track if this is built and tested to minimize air resistance

I do wonder if it will keep a uniform thickness the entire way. Imangine if they twist it onto the side, you can have the train use the "bottom" of the track too.