TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ibox with full steel supports would be ugly and inefficient.

Totally agree. I love the way Goliath's lift hill structure looks like, it's gonna be cool to see what support system the come up with to go with this new track style. It looks like they might be able to make it even boxier for long stretches of unsupported ribbon track.

I like the coaster track, even with as funky as it looks. It reminds me of these Lego Duplo Highway bricks I used to play with as a kid.

Like others have mentioned, I'm betting that this track type might be able to support itself with support spacing similar to B&M (I'm no engineer, I'm only guessing).

^^ it can use steel supports. Ibox doesn't use steel supports.

They could. See the Free Spin.

I don't think this new track will provide new elements or revolutionary rides (definitely not decreasing the roll length, and I don't think I want to see that anyway). The pros of that system are more on the manufacturing side.

Could this mean cheaper coasters? Also with that, could this mean parks could inevitably build much bigger/longer with RMC?

Well this is interesting, Wonder what the general ideas are for this concept.

That said, there is something to get used to though. When the first coaster will be announced I might need to get used to the bulky T-Rex track, but if that's everything this could really become something.

Well, judging by what RMC has done in the past, a quick cheap track type that could self-contain most of the machinery & wiring to run the actual ride (Lift chain/motor, brakes, launch track, sensors, etc.) seems like an insane winner for them.

Think about it. all you have to do is build small access areas into the bottom of it to get at the mechanics and you could even hide support structure inside the box structure of the track, allowing long arches or hills over obstacles that don't require building supports under them (Great for hopping paths or other rides, for instance) Which at more crowded parks could be one hell of a selling point.

In short, looking at just the basic renders, you get a bit of a "Why?" moment, but thinking about it, it's the kind of thing RMC Can really push the limits with.

^ I don't see how you could get both a support structure and a mechanic inside that space. And then still have the required space to operate on anything that needs fixed.

GateKeeper's keyholes were first shown to sheathe the supports in the same manner you mentioned, however plans changed to make it easier to maintenance the columns.

^I believe the rendering isn't official, and it's made by Coaster Lab on NLE (which is about as close as you can get to official ). Meaning, it may very well not have headrests, or it may. We'll have to see until one of these things is actually built.

They do are made by Coaster Lab, but he works for/with RMC here. So these are official and made by Coaster Lab.

^^good! My girlfriend has an extremely weak neck, from rumetoid arthritis and having steel rods in her spine up to the base of her neck. She hasn't been able to ride an RMC yet, because without head support, her neck just bends backwards really far and painfully in any high Gforce section. So if this and LR get headrests, she'll finally get to experience an RMC!!!

One of the reasons RMC is so hot with chains like Six Flags is because they offer very good value for money in terms of thrills - this looks like an extension of that business plan. This track looks versatile, strong and able to support a full, ground up built steel coaster with plenty of "next level" elements that we probably haven't even seen before. Most importantly, it might be able to be produced cheaper than competitors in the steel coaster market, and that's a win for the company. Next step is improving their products with each iteration and providing a more reliable experience for parks with better capacity.

It's already been said but it reminds me of B&M track spine without the rails - either way its really neat to see this company create so many patents in such a short period of time. I wonder when they sleep?

Hi Everyone!

These are the official renders. Robb got them from RMC.

I've been working with Alan Schilke from RideCenterline and RMC for a while now and I was assigned to do the design of these trains.

I'm very glad to read that most of you like the design

Regards,

Camiel Bilsen

Coaster-Lab

^Obviously I'm not in a position to say this with any certainty, but because of the weird support structures of Arrow/Morgan hypers it would seem like way too much effort and money to make the same product with custom supports and a better layout.

There are no traditional hyper coasters that come to mind that are so unpopular that a conversion of such scale and cost would be warranted. Wooden coaster support structures are a major expense, Arrow hyper supports are not as intense in terms of amount of material. A custom layout is a better idea, IMO.