1. 1. VR Coasters: Yay or Nay?

• Indifferent
    • Nay
    • Yay

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to ride Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland during the trial run of the MACK VR Coaster Headsets on the 31st of October.

I had very little hope for the concept and was not sure if I was going to get sick or absolutely hate it.

Well . . . I was left speechless.

Not only did it enhance an otherwise standard coaster, but it was CRAZY FUN. I basically turned into an overgrown child; screaming, laughing and occasionally swearing when it convincingly sent the train barrel rolling through an ice cavern, de-railing and flying on a giant pink dragons back.

I had absolutely no issues with the syncing of the video, or anything else for that matter. It was just an absolute blast. I think that the opportunities are endless with these headsets as they can change the situations of the riders effortlessly and for very little cost.

However, the park was asking "How much would you pay" ... and I responded with 2.00$ or less.

However, the park was asking "How much would you pay" ... and I responded with 2.00$ or less.

I'm personally not a fan of the VR idea. Sure, it looks cool, but I feel that if they wanted a VR experience, they could have a simulator or a dark ride or whatnot. Strapping an Oculus Rift on a guy's face and then putting them on a roller coaster does not alter the ride's experience, IMHO.