TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My West Coast Bash TR!

Hello everyone! I am Nate Holden, I am 12, and I have been reading trip reports and the forums on TPR for years now. I have read a lot of West Coast Bash trip reports and always wanted to go, and this year I finally did! I was especially excited because of Twisted Colossus. I had ridden it before but I couldn't wait for ERT on it! I had an amazing day at both parks and I even got to play TPR quest at Knott's!

On the first day at Magic Mountain, we arrived that morning very excited. My brother and I took a picture with Robb and Elissa, which was cool because I had seen them on the internet for years, and here they were in real life! When we got into the park, we stopped at YOLOcoaster for a ride, heeding Robb's advice not to crowd TC at the beginning. That ride, though short, is still pretty fun. On the way to TC, we hopped on Goliath because there was no line. Then we finally got to TC. The ride was awesome as always, even though it wasn't racing in the morning. I got in 6 rides that morning. My mom and I hopped on YOLOcoaster one last time just as the GP started streaming in.

Lunch at Magic Mountain was really fun. In the raffle, we won TC tour tickets for the whole family! I also enjoyed the "Management Hello;" it was interesting to hear about New Revolution.

After lunch was the Twisted Colossus tour. I really enjoyed it. It was amazing to get those amazing photo ops and to talk to the staff! One of them said I may have a future designing rides for RMC

We went back to the hotel for a few hours after the tour. We returned an hour or so before night ERT. My brother and I hopped on Tatsu at around 8:30 because the line was short; I had never ridden it at night, and it was spectacular! It felt like you were flying through the night, because you couldn't see the track in front of you. At 8:50 or so, we got into line for Superman, thinking it wasn't too long. Unfortunately, we didn't get on the ride until after 9:30. Luckily, that nice couple from Germany was in line with us, so we talked to them. I sprinted all of the way to Twisted Colossus after the ride, but it was worth it. Night ERT was amazing on TC. I got 9 rides in (no lines!) and it was racing almost every time. It was absolutely amazing. It was an unimaginable first experience with real TPR ERT.

We returned to our hotel and got a bit of sleep before driving to Knott's. We picked up some Starbucks for Robb, and then went to the park. My parent took a Sierra Sidewinder tour while my brother and I rode rides during ERT. We got in 2 rides on Montezooma, 6 on Xcelerator, 3 on Voyage to the Iron Reef, and 1 on Silver Bullet. ERT was great! We then rode the Calico Mine Train and then went to the group picture. After the group picture, we went to lunch. Lunch was amazing. The chicken was SO GOOD. But after lunch came something else awesome...

TPR QUEST!

I was one of the contestants in TPR Quest, and it was fun and quite hysterical. I especially enjoyed the carrying of Jeff Tucker. The "dressing of the nerd" was also fun! As my prize, I chose a Montezooma's Revenge road wheel. Later I also won a GhostRider lap bar release. TPR quest was an amazing and fun time, and a fun thing to do on my first TPR trip!

After TPR Quest, I went to the panel discussion. The Scary Farm stuff was interesting, but I don't think I would like to go to any of it. The Tooth Fairy was especially gruesome to me. I just don't have any desire to go to that.

The questions, on the other hand, were hysterical. I loved Jeff Tucker trying to figure out what an Intamin Mega-Lite was! I had a great time hearing these questions.

Unfortunately, after the panel discussion I had to leave, as I had to get to school the next day. I was sad to miss the haunt maze tour and especially night ERT.

Overall, I had a wonderful time at West Coast Bash. It may have been my first TPR trip, but it surely won't be my last! Here are some pictures:

20150912_072223.thumb.jpg.6afd633fb696a5b4ff5952465269baf2.jpg

Arrived at Magic Mountain!

1881308580_IMG_20150912_0822201.thumb.jpg.4632d1b1fbbb932dd0f99e6e3d5f2258.jpg

Taking pictures with the famous people! I'm the one in the Twisted Colossus shirt.

20150912_084952.thumb.jpg.7637528b5335b45ee44ec296f13f9b24.jpg

No line for Goliath. Sorry this picture is in portrait, I wasn't thinking.

20150912_090753.thumb.jpg.6ea24c4d1c8d41eaa3ef204d82b671fc.jpg

This is what we've been waiting for!

20150912_094529.thumb.jpg.7b843f2d57b0336bdb1ab23e2da1cbf3.jpg

Here comes the train!

20150912_104517.thumb.jpg.da40f5c26c5c4161bef9af153d63ba04.jpg

YOLO

20150912_152757.thumb.jpg.c4f9f3f5ddd4e2e6ff859048ad7a6032.jpg

On the Twisted Colossus tour

20150912_111253.thumb.jpg.871125422524535e9ec04f3c0857d3a7.jpg

Obligatory photo, but with flags at half-mast

1102153949_IMG_20150912_1727111.thumb.jpg.873f30581e1899558b53506e2789b20d.jpg

Also from the TC tour

20150913_083007.thumb.jpg.2ecbbd92a249d835987525ff746c826e.jpg

Xcelerator ERT!

496095458_IMG_20150913_140848_011.thumb.jpg.1d498ddb13f4f157d10fa4b76248dc3e.jpg

Playing TPR quest and carrying Jeff Tucker!

20150913_120939.thumb.jpg.d2f4b74cc066ebc5c5c962cea0c96483.jpg

And I'll end with a picture of my amazing lunch! Sorry I didn't take more pictures at Knott's and thanks for reading my trip report!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics Nate! My son and I were in front of you in line for Superman and next to you a lunch at KBF. You and your Brother are great kids and your parents should be happy about your love of all things TPR, and also slightly worried, ha! Meeting Robb and Elissa is a bucket item list for all...a week long trip somewhere very cool with TPR is on my bucket list someday so I really hope those return in the future!! Now you need to nag and bother Robb endlessly for a NorCal Bash next year when Roar is complete!! I give you that mission...

Great pics Nate! My son and I were in front of you in line for Superman and next to you a lunch at KBF. You and your Brother are great kids and your parents should be happy about your love of all things TPR, and also slightly worried, ha! Meeting Robb and Elissa is a bucket item list for all...a week long trip somewhere very cool with TPR is on my bucket list someday so I really hope those return in the future!! Now you need to nag and bother Robb endlessly for a NorCal Bash next year when Roar is complete!! I give you that mission...

Thanks! And yes, a NorCal Bash would be amazing!

Very nice TR. I enjoyed reading this!

I'm only sad I didn't go since I haven't any friends who are into the same roller coaster obsession as I have and willing to drive ... but nuff about me. Your TR is awesome!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Seconding everything everyone else has already said; awesome trip report, great photos, very well written for a 12-year-old (and better than some adults I can think of!). Your parents must be very proud of you; I know I would be if my son does anything like this when he's your age!

Insert clapping GIF here.

I just want to throw in that I'm super impressed with your Photo TR. You're 12 and it's much better than most content on here!

Before I even read the comments I was thinking the same thing. Keep being awesome coasternate!

Great report... it looks like you had a great time.

We have very similar usernames! I guess young minds think alike, I'm 14, I liked your TR very much and if I ever go to Magic Mountain it would be cool to have a meet-up! It's nice knowing there are a lot of people in my age group here

Thanks! Yeah it would be cool to meet up in a park sometime. I'm glad you liked my TR!