TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Suggestion Box for Rob Decker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what your saying. What parks or type of rides would you suggest?

GCI (ala Goldstriker) to replace Hurler at KD

Premier multi-launcher for Carowinds

Either a ground up RMC, or an RMC i-box conversion of Mean Streak at CP

Hyper GTX model for Mich Adventure

GCI (ala Goldstriker) for Dorney Park

GG woodie for KI

Sky Rocket II or Launched El Loco for Knott's

Premiier Launcher for CGA, Valleyfair and World's Of Fun

I get what your saying. What parks or type of rides would you suggest?

GCI (ala Goldstriker) to replace Hurler at KD

Premier multi-launcher for Carowinds

Either a ground up RMC, or an RMC i-box conversion of Mean Streak at CP

Hyper GTX model for Mich Adventure

GCI (ala Goldstriker) for Dorney Park

GG woodie for KI

Sky Rocket II or Launched El Loco for Knott's

Premiier Launcher for CGA, Valleyfair and World's Of Fun

I don't think a launched El Loco would have the capacity for KBF! It would work MiA for sure

I'd love for them to try an Intamin Mega lite (which goes into another point that I'd like them to start going to many manufactures again instead of always going to B&M) or even a Chance hyperlite at one of their smaller parks. Those things are packed with airtime from what I've heard and they don't even cost too much.

I also remember a time when a lot of CP fans wanted something similar to El Toro at the park. I believe one of the GM's actually rode El Toro and liked it and then people started believing that a Prefab was coming to CP, which of course never happened. That would be pretty cool.

Also, I'd love if CF tried RMC. They could put some serious cash into one of those things, and it's hard to imagine what would result from it.

Perhaps working with Intamin again? I know they are shunned for their reliability but they do make great rides.

Working with intamin again would be great to see (A maverick-esque style ride at CW would be awesome..... Could pay $100 Canadian and take a short trip to ride a great intamin coaster instead of paying nearly 15-20x more to head down to CP )

HOWEVER, with that said, I'm not sure working with Intamin would be needed. CF's seemed to have developed a pretty good rapport with B&M, so if they wanted something really intense like maverick, or B&M's older work, I don't really see why B&M couldn't deliver on that. It would definetly be stepping out of the box for them, but after seeing how they've done bigger things like develop new ride types and start to use launches in recent years, I doubt it'd be too much to ask.

RMC modification of the Beast to re-profile everything from the 1st lift to the 2nd lift, add in air time and funky overbank stuff, maybe some inversions. Keep the double helix more or less in place but extend the layout a bit after the exit so that the Beast becomes the worlds longest coaster, wood or steel.

Enthusiasts the world over would riot, but an 8,500 foot long RMC would be an incrediblde ride, maybe the worlds #1 for generations to come.

RMC modification of the Beast to re-profile everything from the 1st lift to the 2nd lift, add in air time and funky overbank stuff, maybe some inversions. Keep the double helix more or less in place but extend the layout a bit after the exit so that the Beast becomes the worlds longest coaster, wood or steel.

Enthusiasts the world over would riot, but an 8,500 foot long RMC would be an incrediblde ride, maybe the worlds #1 for generations to come.

The only thing I want for Beast is skid brakes back. The accident a few years ago is going to prevent that.

They could move the trims a little too. (As remove isn't an option)

And what is the obsession with RMC? Half of a good coaster is presence, and RMC makes some ugly rides.

And what is the obsession with RMC? Half of a good coaster is presence, and RMC makes some ugly rides.

It is because RMC makes some really fun and thrilling rides. If 'presence' or looks made a coaster even half good then Mean Streak would be a half good roller coaster. It's not even close to being any type of good.

The only thing I want for Beast is skid brakes back. The accident a few years ago is going to prevent that.

They could move the trims a little too. (As remove isn't an option)

I think the better question is how in the world can anyone believe that half of a good coaster experience is its presence?

That statement explains why you are not obsessed with RMC, as you should be.

In terms of Rob Decker suggestions:

1. RMC Mean Streak. It simply cannot be repeated enough.

2. Build Maverick-like rides at other Cedar Fair parks.

3. Build Stormrunner-like coasters at other Cedar Fair parks (extend TTD to continue after the drop - I know, makes zero financial sense and won't happen)

4. Build an El Toro clone at Cedar Point. No brainer in my view.

I've an idea for a Knotts-style boardwalk area at Cedar Point, but until Google Maps updates their satellite view to include GateKeeper, it's not something I could easily translate into an image online. Basically, I'd move the maintenance shop outside of GateKeeper, and build a midway between the dead-end by Hexed and the large open space next to Ocean Motion.

While that sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure there is enough space there for a full-sized midway. I would like the idea of having a clear view of the lake from more areas of the park. Breakers takes up a lot of room, so we're really left with everything south/east of WindSeeker for any real lakefront opportunities.

For me, I would start by working with RMC. Give the old wooden coasters that lost their flair a new life and new popularity.

The smaller parks should get new small coasters. Hyper GTXs and S&S Free Spins would be good starts.

Finally, I would love to see CF to start working with Intamin again. Even if it started small with a Sky Jump or something.

These are all great ideas... when Rob Decker hears them his mind will be blown.

My suggestion would be to not forget the non paramount parks

I can see Rob now... "Oh wow, we own those?!... I totally forgot to spend any time thinking about them this year... and what's a Valravn? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure I decided we should buy that? I didn't even know we owned a park in Northern Ohio.

For me, I would start by working with RMC.

Imagine the excitement Rob will have when someone mentions this wild idea to him!! I can practically see his face lighting up with excitement when some enthusiast tells him tales of the wonderful things they can do to old wooden coasters. When someone suggests that he should call RMC about Mean Streak at Cedar Point (a park he was only just reminded about by another helpful enthusiast) he'll probably run to the phone so quickly with this exciting new idea he'd never thought of before that he'll almost forget to say "Thank you! Thank you Mr. Enthusiast for this outstanding suggestion! If only anyone had ever brought this up to me or I would ever have thought of it I would have called years ago!"

These are all great ideas... when Rob Decker hears them his mind will be blown.

My suggestion would be to not forget the non paramount parks

I can see Rob now... "Oh wow, we own those?!... I totally forgot to spend any time thinking about them this year... and what's a Valravn? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure I decided we should buy that? I didn't even know we owned a park in Northern Ohio.

For me, I would start by working with RMC.

Imagine the excitement Rob will have when someone mentions this wild idea to him!! I can practically see his face lighting up with excitement when some enthusiast tells him tales of the wonderful things they can do to old wooden coasters. When someone suggests that he should call RMC about Mean Streak at Cedar Point (a park he was only just reminded about by another helpful enthusiast) he'll probably run to the phone so quickly with this exciting new idea he'd never thought of before that he'll almost forget to say "Thank you! Thank you Mr. Enthusiast for this outstanding suggestion! If only anyone had ever brought this up to me or I would ever have thought of it I would have called years ago!"

Here's my , take it.