TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rare Pinfari Coaster (RC-48)

I just found out that the strange Pinfari RC-48 will be going to the Oklahoma State Fair. It looks like a very painful ride. No one that I know has been on this ride. Who has been on this? Is the ride very painful, uncomfortable, or clunky. Also, I haven't been on a Pinfari coaster other than the wacky worm rides, are the trains very cramped?

image.thumb.jpg.07b46b6d6dbb0303772d76ecb62367e6.jpg

Another note, the Oklahoma state fair is going to have five different coasters including a Chance Tobbogan, an enterprise, and a Bayurn Curve!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay! That's my photo!

Anyway, as pretty as it was, it was definitely not an enjoyable experience. The layout wasn't really intense, but it was really rough, and probably the worst part was the seat design; the "padding" didn't stretch the entire width of the seat, so when I slid off it and slammed back onto it thanks to the rough ride it made it significantly worse of an experience for my back. Also, the OTSR's (which I suspect may be unnecessary for this non-inverting ride) were rock hard, which meant really bad headbanging. If you want to go on it, go ahead, just don't have high hopes for it.

This is a review I wrote about my ride at Morey's Pier back in 2004.

"as if the OTSRs werent bad enough, these are also the most uncomfortable seats ever on a coaster. The only way you can enjoy this ride is if your ass is rectangular in shape"

Edited by larrygator

I rode it last year at the NYS Fair where that photo was taken, it was impressive to look at being one of the bigger traveling coasters in the states. However like most have stated it is a bit painful, mostly due to the OTSR's that are unnecessary. They seemed to dispatch rather quickly so it wasn't a long wait to ride at least. This year they changed it up and brought Comet II, a wildcat model. If you need the credit it OK for one ride, after that its just punishment.

I rode it last year at the NYS Fair where that photo was taken, it was impressive to look at being one of the bigger traveling coasters in the states. However like most have stated it is a bit painful, mostly due to the OTSR's that are unnecessary. They seemed to dispatch rather quickly so it wasn't a long wait to ride at least. This year they changed it up and brought Comet II, a wildcat model. If you need the credit it OK for one ride, after that its just punishment.

I was thinking the same thing. I bet if it didn't have the shoulder restraints, it would be very fun. Somewhat like a Schwarzkopf. I saw the trains, and it looks like I'm tall enough to get my head above the restraints so it should hurt me too much.

Is it just the transitions that make it rough, or does it ride the rails poorly?

Is it just the transitions that make it rough, or does it ride the rails poorly?

It mostly just rides poorly from what I remember. it is a transportable ride so inevitably it will be a little rougher because crews are putting it together in a matter of days. Its also an older ride but I remember it being OK, not smooth but I don't remember a ton of head banging and I'm a shorter person.