TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your favorite new ride of 2015?

Lots of new rides opened in 2015! What was your favorite?

Twisted Colossus? Wicked Cyclone? Cannibal? Thunderbird? Justice League Battle for Metropolis? Voyage to the Iron Reef? Karnan? Impulse?

Post your favorite! GO!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Reef, hands down.

Ha! No, I'm just kidding. Nobody's that out of touch. Since I haven't been on Twisted Collosus yet (not until this Friday), I'm saying Batman at Fiesta Texas. Cannibal was fun but Batman was insane.

I haven't ridden a ton of new for 2015 rides but I really enjoyed what I did get to ride. I've ridden Impulse, Rougarou (I absolutely count this as it's a huge improvement), Wicked Cyclone, Cedar Creek Flyers (lol), Laff Trakk and Fury 325. All are great additions (except for Cedar Creek Flyers which are absolutely terrible and should be ashamed to be within 2 hours of the Knoebels Flyers) and even though they're all great this couldn't be easier... Fury 325 is on a totally different level.

I'd probably rank them like this...

1) Fury 325

2) Wicked Cyclone

3) Rougarou

4) Impulse

5) Laff Trakk

6) My Couch

7) Cedar Creek Flyers

Edit: I've been at Great Adventure when El Diablo was open but I didn't care enough to ride it. It looks sort of fun but the line was insane.

Edited by coasterbill

Rougarou was the only "new for 2015" coaster I rode this year. While it's no Kraken, it's a very fun and intense floorless coaster that managed to make my top 20.

All of the other coasters that opened in 2015 looked pretty good, although Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, and Fury 325 look particularly impressive.

Edited by VF15

Actually Justice League Battle for Metropolis was my favorite new ride of 2015. We recently got to ride it, and I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Not only was it a really unique ride experience but it features some really awesome technology. I had a blast, and can't wait to ride it again. It is one of my new favorite attractions at SFOT!!

I got to ride Thunderbird, and it was amazing! This was my first Wingrider, so I can't compare to the others. The launch really caught me by surprise as it was much forceful than I anticipated. Great layout, smooth transitions and just loads of fun. Not to mention the station and plaza are very well themed. Perfect addition to HW's line-up without a doubt.

Mine was Fury 325.

That first drop felt like an eternity of floaty goodness, and the speed is absolutely unreal. The transitions provided nice pops of airtime before being pressed into your seat climbing up the treble clef turnaround. Then there's that holy-sh*t sideways airtime while leveling out and diving under the bridge, which is insane. Combine all that with 3 sustained strong "flojector" hills and a helix, and you've got a winner.

Seriously, what an awesome coaster. B&M surprised me with those forces, and I can't wait to get back there next year for my eighth ride in it!

I think mine is most certainly going to be Wicked Cyclone. That ride was amazing!

My only new rides this year are Fury 325, Tempesto, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine train, all of which were fun. Looking forward to seeing if Twisted Colossus tops them.

Edited by cfc

For me, either Wicked Cyclone or Fury. Both were statement makers, and intense, unique experiences.

Wicked Cyclone had ejector air and great elements jam packed into one compact space.

Fury also had some good airtime, but also kept a good quick pace. It took elements from all the previous gigas and combined them. Great ride.

I gotta go with Twisted Colossus, it's just such a great ride. It's got more airtime that any coaster I've ever ridden and it's super smooth. Plus the dueling aspect takes it to a whole other level! I would like to check out Batman at SFFT, Fury, and Thunderbird, they look like incredible additions to those parks. Overall, I think that 2015 gave us some pretty amazing new rides and I don't know if 2016 can top it.

For me it would be Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens. That drop is amazing being face down with the ground coming at you. Busch Gardens has really raised the bar with this ride. Kudos to the ride developers and planners of this park chain. I know the ride opened in 2014 but this year was the first time I had a chance to ride it.

Wicked Cyclone by far. One of the best start to finish coasters out there. One of my top 5 overall as well. Once the Hawker poll returns I'd be shocked to not see it up there with I-305, Skyrush, and Maverick.

For anyone who's been on iRat and Wicked Cylclone which was a better experience? I think those two out of all RMC Hybrids are most comparable.