TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Story Land Gen NH 2015 PTR

I was originally planning to do 2 trip reports I one but plans fell through. But I and some of my family hit up Story Land on Opening day. Weather was a bit chilly in fact there was still snow on many of the mountain peaks. Because of this the water rides were off the table for this trip but the park had Splash Battle and The Bamboo Chutes open. Dr Geyser's however was closed and it was the only ride closed that day. We ate no food at the park but instead had Breakfast at Dunkin Doughnuts on the way to the park and at a Nearby Restaurant, Delaney's Hole in the Wall.

With the Addition of last year's Roar-O-Saurus in 2014 the park was able to focus on capital improvements for 2015. Changes could be found all over but one of the most noticeable can be seen as you enter. The park relocated the grab and go snacks to the real meal section of the pixie Kitchen. In its place is a Dunkin Doughnuts. The prices are on par with any other location and you can get the signature drinks as well as their namesake Doughnuts.

We all have season passes but the line to get them processed was very long. So we opted to hit the rides first. As usual the park's Polar Coaster was the first ride of the day. Lines at the rides were reasonably full but none were terribly long.

Rides

Polar Coaster X4, Roar-O-Saurus X2, and X1 on the rest of the rides; Cuckoo Clockenspiel, Turtle twirl, Crazy Barn, Eggstrodanary Tractors, Alice's Tea Cups, Antuique Carousel, and the Huff Puff and Whistle RR.

The Train as usual was the last ride of the day taken after closing. We walked to and got in line for the Antique Cars but the line was so long we opted to hit the carousel and tea cup rides instead. This also gave my niece a chance to hit the Fairy tale forest and all it has to offer.

The big Surprise for the day is when my niece agreed to ride Roar-O-Saurus. Last year she road it and didn't do well. She refused to ride it again or at all in future trips last year. But I talked to her about it a lot over the winter and I promised to stay with her and that we would ride in the middle. The wait was around 20 minutes. She did fine on the hill but tensed up as soon as the ride started. I dropped my arm down and let her hold onto it. This seemed to help a lot, Not only did she get off saying she licked the ride but asked to ride a second time as long as my dad let her hold his arm. It may be early in the year but riding with my nice on her second ever wood coaster ride tops my list for most memorable.

Capital Improvements

There were a handful of small additions and changes around the park. In the new Dino area a couple Fiberglas dinosaur benches have been added as well as a pergola over the Dino Dig. Sadly the Selection of Dino sours on display has not increased.

The Dutch Village also saw some work. The bridge in front of the Wind Mill was removed and the water way filled in. The area now features a large paved midway and a new landscape area. This removed the areas bottle neck and looks a lot cleaner.

The gift shop in the Dutch village is now a make your own soft serve sundaes shop. While I like the food option the inside looks horrible. Basically a couple machines on one end featuring chocolate/Vanilla/Swirl and Dole Whips Orange/Pineapple/Swirl, Toppings on each wall, and a casher on the far end. The rest of the building is open, wasted space.

Whistle top Snacks is no more and in its place a new gift shop. This was the best of the capital improvement for me. The inside looks great and the smaller gift shop location has a more specific collection of items. Mostly Roar-o-Saurus Items.

The Car ride now has a separate Exit. Similar to the conversion of Dr Geyser's you no longer exit in the station. The Park built a new covered area about 100ft for the station were you now exit your car and the car is then sent empty into the station. Not really sure what they accomplished by this except to shorten your ride. The station was still full and overflowing. They always unladed and loaded separately anyways,

The Dutch Shoes also saw some work. The Machine seems to be new. If it isn't it was very heavily rehabbed. The Swing arms also seem to be longer. The ride no longer has a paved walkway around the ride but not has a Boardwalk that sits partly over the grass. There is also a new fence but unfortunately it's very basic aluminum fencing similar to a carnival setup.

The park closes an hour earlier in the spring then they do in the summer. This made for a bit of a short day. We left right at closing so we could have Dinner and as usual hit a lot of traffic. I need to get moving though. This trip was on opening day and we're now I August and I haven't been back. But I have all of August and then weekends in Sept and early October. Time to start Planning!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Compounce, Operated by Palace ent, Added a Dunkin Last year. So I wasn't overly surprised that it happened here. I'm sure Water Country will fallow suit.

What bothers me though is with the Donut shop there no Pixie Kitchen no longer offers Breakfast. You used to be able to get real Breakfast form Pancakes and French Toast to simpler things like Cereal and oatmeal. So you could get healthier options if you liked no its just junk food and over priced junk food at that.

I would like to visit this place just for RoS, but with Quassy Park/Wooden Warrior just down the road, I can't get any of my coastering friends to accompany me on the longer trip.

So here's my question: It would be creepy for a 30yr old guy to visit this place solo, yes? Be honest.

Maybe I could rent one of my nieces or a nephews for a day, though they're starting to get older. What is the target age here?

Enjoyed your report, by the way. Very nicely maintained park.

I would like to visit this place just for RoS, but with Quassy Park/Wooden Warrior just down the road, I can't get any of my coastering friends to accompany me on the longer trip.

So here's my question: It would be creepy for a 30yr old guy to visit this place solo, yes? Be honest.

Maybe I could rent one of my nieces or a nephews for a day, though they're starting to get older. What is the target age here?

Enjoyed your report, by the way. Very nicely maintained park.

I'm in my 30's and do visit from time to time along. I also Visit with A friend that is also in her 30's but she is in a wheel chair. The park has a few wheelchair ready attraction and she gets free admission. So she can go and be much more included then going to a park like SFNE, LC or Canobie.

But if you have never been there you will not get the full impact of the park unless you can see it through a kids eyes.

park dose get a handful of local teens and while its focus is younger kids like Legoland the attraction are mostly built to accommodate everyone.

but if your going to go up also hit Santa's Village it's actually a better overall park.

I'm over 30, and I'll be heading to the park next week. I, too, hope I don't look creepy with no kids! It will be a short visit between other parks. Must ride Gravity Group coaster!

"I'm just big for my age because we live near the power lines."