TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Ruh roh

https://6abc.com/4-alarm-fire-erupts-at-ocean-city-boardwalk/10154162/

OCEAN CITY, New Jersey (WPVI) -- A large 4-alarm fire has erupted in Ocean City, New Jersey.

The Action Cam showed firefighters battling the flames on the Boardwalk at 10th Street

Viewer video showed heavy flames and black smoke rising over the boardwalk. Firefighters could be seen dousing the flames on top of building near Steel's Fudge and Preps Pizzeria & Dairy Bar.

Fire crews could be heard yelling at passersby, "Folks, you got to stay back!"

Action News is working to gather more information as this story develops.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like the guy Gillian’s hired to set the park on fire and make it look like an accident for the insurance money put the wrong place into the GPS.

"Damn it, I told you to go to the park with the bigger and rustier Ferris wheel!"

Posted Images

Looks like its the parks front entrance. This is sad.

image.thumb.png.18faac5fcc35ce343fd92064f10a2a56.png

image.png.cc75759bccfa90c4448523df0516eb95.png

Update: park is confirming it is. F*ck.

image.png.ebba2440a066b1de39d431865d066d62.png

May their pirate ship come back bigger and better!

Glad to hear that it was contained to one building and that they have a contingency plan for this year. I know those boardwalk fires can get out of control, especially in the winter so nice job firefighters.

Also, in more bad amusement related news coming out of Ocean City this week (posting here as I don't believe we have a Gillians thread):

Gillian's Wonderland Pier in Ocean City ordered to be put up for auctionimage.thumb.png.14552be4424c962abc00570cf73bb28b.png
https://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/gillians-wonderland-pier-in-ocean-city-ordered-to-be-put-up-for-auction

OCEAN CITY — The Cape May County sheriff last Thursday ordered Gillian’s Wonderland Pier to be put up for auction, though its owner says that is not happening.

Court documents confirm the Boardwalk amusement pier, owned by Mayor Jay Gillian, defaulted on $8 million in loans.

In the report, Gillian said he has secured financing for the property, and it will not be put up for auction.

“We want to reassure our loyal guests that Wonderland Pier will be open for business, as usual, for the upcoming 2021 season,” Gillian said in a Facebook post Monday. “We look forward to another WONDERful summer in America’s Greatest Family Resort.”

Gillian did not respond to a request from The Press for comment.

The park has been owned and operated by the Gillian family since 1929.

Much of the pier’s debt was accrued before the COVID-19 pandemic. A Sept. 17 court filing in the state Superior Court’s Office of Foreclosure shows GILMACO Inc., the company owned by the Gillians, owes First Priority Bank about $8 million in mortgage debt, and has owed at least $7.3 million of it since 2019. Over the following two years, GILMACO took out additional loans, bringing the amount owed over $8 million.

The $7.3 million, mentioned in the first count of the civil complaint, was due Aug. 25, 2019, after GILMACO had failed to pay the most recent principal payment of $100,000. With the lack of payment, First Priority Bank claims it is entitled to possession of the property.

I feel like the guy Gillian’s hired to set the park on fire and make it look like an accident for the insurance money put the wrong place into the GPS.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

"Damn it, I told you to go to the park with the bigger and rustier Ferris wheel!"

• Haha 1

Couple of screen shots with better angles from the news reel. Looks like its the entire front entrance/arcade/offices/etc

1.png.58c51fa551a3ce3b530ce2a99876d48d.png

2.png.988ac200b623671bf90af782c7e41638.png

3.png.64e13f64439a55fbf5b401687cb49c1a.png

4.png.e04a6c09749a5d886265d2ca7b14b764.png

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Took the words out of my mouth.