TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
Has anyone heard or seen any updates regarding Gale Force recently?

2016 has just been extended 4 months to give them a better shot. Comes at the price of a short 2017 and more celebrity deaths, but anything for Playland Castaway Cove.

2016 has just been extended 4 months to give them a better shot. Comes at the price of a short 2017 and more celebrity deaths, but anything for Playland Castaway Cove.

Thanks, Dirk. This legitimately made me shoot seltzer out of my nose.

Glad to see the pie-in-the-sky optimism is still working its charm over at Castaway Cove, Boldikus. I checked the FB earlier but didn't think to actually read the comments on visitor posts... just assumed they were laying low at this point!

• 1 month later...

In case anyone has any faith left in this thing was wondering Playland's opening weekend is April 8th. As to whether Gale Force will be running by then is anyones guess...

(note the posting dates)

gale1.jpg.c80951e218fb952705ae9284e86a6b80.jpg

gale2.jpg.bb46464432a3bf3b4dbcdc5ea6af0f9a.jpg

gale3.jpg.7ab0687a73a1aee15b97d295f264c920.jpg

gale4.jpg.23488667fe2b29aab623ec528c8575e2.jpg

Wait a second, they had to get new track? How the heck does a ride that never even opened need new track. I feel bad for the ownership, going from aiming for memorial day last year to easter this year, something seems like it went seriously wrong with putting this thing together.

^ Well, we knew about the new piece of track.

gale.jpg.86f9eb0f36da0cdd6fb72184becc62e0.jpg

I won't post the link here (cause... I guess he's like a sworn enemy of TPR or something? ) but you should be able to find an article posted by CF on his site with a quick google search that goes into more detail about the problem with the track alignment, but that screenshot from SS ^ basically sums it up.

I just find it amazing that this was announced August of 2015 and we're a month and a half before opening day 2017 and this thing still doesn't have a solid opening date. I'm still excited to ride it but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Orphan Rocker

Larry's digging deep!

Seriously, I get it. I just have to keep thinking "its a prototype". I feel bad for the park at this point because while we thought the waiting-for-the-Miler-to-be-built-around-Gale issue was the parks poor planning, a piece of track having to be re-manufactured is obviously out of their control. I doubt the owners want to deal with this headache.

But imma LMAO if this thing is still SBNO come end of 2017.