TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Also I don't have a screen shot or totally reliable source (so take this for what its worth) but apparently the word is Playland is now aiming for a June opening for both rides.

^Yes that's not coming off to family coasterish to me either and if it's anything like the Scandia Screamer in Ontario, Ca than it may just be more intense then Galeforce!!! I swear that's the only coaster that has truly terrified me since I've been an adult, I been to a few parks across the country have a few B&M's and Intamins under my belt but Scandia Screamer it just didn't seem right for a coaster like that to be running so batsh*t insane!!!

^Yes that's not coming off to family coasterish to me either and if it's anything like the Scandia Screamer in Ontario, Ca than it may just be more intense then Galeforce!!! I swear that's the only coaster that has truly terrified me since I've been an adult, I been to a few parks across the country have a few B&M's and Intamins under my belt but Scandia Screamer it just didn't seem right for a coaster like that to be running so batsh*t insane!!!

I always want to stop there when I'm driving down the 15 fwy, but I'm usually running late to family functions when I'm out that way lol.

Looks like they are starting to put together another coaster! I knew there was going to be two coasters but not a thrid.

This one is called Whrilwind and seems to be like the one that spinning figure eight coaster that was on display at IAAPA.

image.thumb.png.36e4cefa5583f658c72b0d19ff30504b.png

Whirlwind construction.

^Yeah that was discussed here, no? I know we knew there was a 3rd coaster and it was a figure 8 spinner, they are calling it "Whirlwind".

edit: a few "up close" photos the park posted on their FB page today.

1405080912_whirlwind1.thumb.jpg.0ade84df601443124ae7393e0c55533b.jpg

1302023257_whirlwind2.thumb.jpg.c2a3b1ac01986baafb6f62fd217de908.jpg

1126300155_whirlwind3.thumb.jpg.bac40fd3f74f2f1ee6cee761bd8963f7.jpg

No worries, no one else seems to be posting updates! LOL

Those FB pics I saw this morning and meant to post them and just got busy at work so in a way you reminded me.

I didn't realize the other new coaster was also custom (at least I have never seen that model). It looks pretty awesome for its size.

I really need to finally do my east coast ocean side park trip that I keep putting off in favor of other trips.

The ride vehicle looks a lot like the vehicle on Cannibal at Lagoon. Lagoon said that 70% of Cannibal was designed and built in house but I wonder how much of the ride was the other 30%?

The Scandia Screamer is a real head chopper. I think it even has a height max. My friend is 6'4" and he couldn't ride.

The ride vehicle looks a lot like the vehicle on Cannibal at Lagoon. Lagoon said that 70% of Cannibal was designed and built in house but I wonder how much of the ride was the other 30%?

Actually the 70% is how much of Cannibal was made in the U.S, with 30% outside of the U.S. The trains were actually built by ART Engineering, and I don't think these are the same vehicle designs.

SFMM 2011: Mr. Six's, S:EFK, and Green Lantern.

Mr. Six's?

I think he's referring to Road Runner Express, the park's Vekoma junior coaster. Wasn't it announced as "Mr. Six's Dance Coaster"?

May 1st webcam update. Looks like the spinner is done and ready to roll. They are still working on the Miler. Area around the coasters is coming together including queue and station for Gale Force. It's amazing that they fit all 3 into this small of an area. I can't wait to get down and check all this out once its all open.

GALE3.thumb.jpg.00f53a45cdfdec59274fb44c1aba0058.jpg