TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Sooooo maybe I missed it, but has there been any mention of a projected opening date? I'm in NJ May 5th thru 7th and doing a quick side-trip would be fun. I doubt it'll be ready in six weeks, though. Here's hopin!

Sooooo maybe I missed it, but has there been any mention of a projected opening date? I'm in NJ May 5th thru 7th and doing a quick side-trip would be fun. I doubt it'll be ready in six weeks, though. Here's hopin!

A few weeks back a local TV clip (I think was posted here?) interviewed the park and they are aiming for a Memorial Day weekend opening. Keep in mind they are apparently building two other kiddie coasters (one of which will somehow go around this) and all three are projected to open together. Also the fact that this park is tiny and this ride is insanely huge & complicated compared to anything they've put in ever before (a Flitzer and a Pinfari looper lol).

^ Not sure why the cam isn't working for you (it doesnt work on my phone, but on my home and work comps its fine) but if you can see the screenshot I posted earlier you aren't missing anything. The top hat did not go up today, though it seems to be the only piece left. They were doing a lot of stuff on the ground and I assumed that maybe we'd see the last piece go in, but maybe it'll be tomorrow. I could see them having local media there when they top it off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ok Mr Boldikus, never really thought much of going to that area, but you have intrigued me. We go to DC a lot and it isn't that far for a trip to Moreys, SFGA and now Playland. The New coaster at Playland looks great. BTW, my first visit to SFA was in sept of 2014 and I didn't realize you were there at the same time. Being a bit shy, I thought i recognized you but being unsure and a bit shy, I was afraid to say hello. It wasn't until We saw your trip report that I kinda kicked myself for not saying hello. The station pic you took of Superman, well, we were the 2 guys waiting for our first ride ever on Superman in the back seat.

1461349901_sfabodikuspic.jpg.d0749a93d77f5cd90fc7dcdf669c5869.jpg

bod's pic

^ No, no mention of it all . . .

A few weeks back a local TV clip (I think was posted here?) interviewed the park and they are aiming for a Memorial Day weekend opening. Keep in mind they are apparently building two other kiddie coasters (one of which will somehow go around this) and all three are projected to open together. Also the fact that this park is tiny and this ride is insanely huge & complicated compared to anything they've put in ever before (a Flitzer and a Pinfari looper lol).

Yep . . . no mention of it.

This is absolutely hands down my most anticipated ride of 2016 (if you couldn't already tell by how often I post about it here lol). I have a feeling its gonna be bananas, not to mention easy for me to get to!

• 3 weeks later...