TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst line up

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until this year I would have said Carowinds, even with Intimdator their line up was pretty sparse with Afterburn being the only really good coaster there and even it is pretty low in my personal B&M invert rankings. Sounds like Fury is a solid addition but the collection as a whole is still pretty unappealing to enthusiasts.

Edited by Hilltopper39

Up until this year I would have said Carowinds, even with Intimdator their line up was pretty sparse with Afterburn being the only really good coaster there and even it is pretty low in my personal B&M invert rankings. Sounds like Fury is a solid addition but the collection as a whole is still pretty unappealing to enthusiasts.

Yeah, but Fury is practically worth the visit alone.

I don't even see how we're having a conversation about parks like Carowinds when DirkFunk just won the thread. Even if we ignore Fury and Intimidator if Sun Park had Afterburn everyone would think it was the greatest thing ever built. Hell even if you take the Carowinds lineup without Afterburn, Fury or Intimidator that would still leave them with a better lineup by a mile.

If Carowinds had 10 clones of Hurler and that's it I would take that over that Golden Horse and Beijing Jiuhua Amusement Rides Manufacturing Co knock-off train wreck.

Here's the list of parks with 10 or more coasters.. there's nothing close to being as bad as Sun Park.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Cedar Point

Canada's Wonderland

Kings Island

Kings Dominion

Six Flags Great America

Carowinds

Hersheypark

Six Flags Over Texas

Six Flags Great Adventure

Europa Park

Wiener Prater

Nagashima Spa Land

Six Flags Over Georgia

Six Flags New England

Knott's Berry Farm

La Ronde

Lagoon

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Sun Park

Edited by coasterbill

The Great Escape because beyond the Comet they have:

A Intamin Bobsled

A Arrow loop and screw

A Arrow mine train

A Vekoma Boomerang

A Zamperla kiddie coaster

A bobsled and Mine train automatically disqualifies it for "worst". They may not be your preference, but there are other parks that have next to nothing to offer.

^This

Just looking at North America, I would say La Ronde. I would still consider them average/decent though.

Carowinds has a decent line-up, and definitely better than La Ronde overall but doesn't compare to parks like nearby Six Flags Over Georgia and Kings Dominion.

^This

Just looking at North America, I would say La Ronde. I would still consider them average/decent though.

Carowinds has a decent line-up, and definitely better than La Ronde overall but doesn't compare to parks like nearby Six Flags Over Georgia and Kings Dominion.

I would argue Carowinds' coaster lineup at least compares to Six a flags Ofer Georgia's. You might not think its better, but it certainly is at least in the same league. And I might even argue Carowinds has a better lineup than Kings Dominion at this point.

^This

I would argue Carowinds' coaster lineup at least compares to Six a flags Ofer Georgia's. You might not think its better, but it certainly is at least in the same league. And I might even argue Carowinds has a better lineup than Kings Dominion at this point.

I would say SFOG has a far superior line up, minus a giga (that is just my opinion though, but I feel like people would generally agree with what is below)

Great American Scream Machine >>> Thunder Road (which no longer can even compete with GASM)

Georgia Cyclone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurler

Georgia Scorcher >>>>>> Vortex

Superman >>> Nighthawk

Canyon Blaster > every generic steel kiddie coaster at Carowinds

Goliath > Intimidator (I would find this hard to argue against)

Mindbender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carolina Cyclone

Ninja > Carolina Cobra

Additionally while SFOG may not have a giga, they do have coasters like Mindbender, GASM and Dare Devil Dive which fall under categories of coaster Carowinds doesn't even offer.

All that Carowinds beats SFOG on is a bigger B&M suspended and they have a Giga while SFOG doesn't.

^ I admit that this park looks like a credit whores wet dream, but if we were comparing just the corporately owned parks, I am not sure if anything could top La Ronde as being the theme park with the crappiest coaster line-up (although I do think the location is kind of cool).

I am not even sure if an RMC of Le Monstre could get me back there, but that's just me.

Edited by Philrad71

^ I admit that this park looks like a credit whores wet dream, but if we were comparing just the corporately owned parks, I am not sure if anything could top La Ronde as being the theme park with the crappiest coaster line-up (although I do think the location is kind of cool).

I am not even sure if an RMC of Monstre could get me back there, but that's just me.

Its a decent park. Clones arnt a bad thing, you already know what to expect when you ride it

^I disagree, but to each his own.

An SLC, Boomerang, early Intamin stand-up, Vekoma corkscrew, Zamperla Wild Mouse, crappy wooden coaster, kiddie coaster, a Batman clone, a below average B&M and an indoor coaster (the latter which are the "best")...all blended in with somewhat shoddy operations. Yikes.

I think that I would rather spend my time in downtown Montreal taking in all of the interesting things to do there!