113 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better

• Maverick
    • Millennium Force

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't really think you can compare Maverick to Millennium Force, or even try to figure out which one is better. They are two completely different coasters. That would be saying "Which is better, Top Thrill Dragster, or Magnum?" If you were to ask "Which is better, Leviathan, or Fury 325?" Then it would make more sense because the coasters are actually similar to each other.

To answer your question though, it depends on what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I want a huge drop, fast drawn out turns, and airtime hills... Something more relaxing... So I would pick Millennium Force... Then there are times I want snappy transitions, extreme ejector time, and a forceful launch... So I would pick Maverick.

Personally I of those two I can not pick which one is better, because they are both polar opposites.

Can we add an option to the poll of "Neither is better than the other, they are both unique in their own way, and both provide an amazing ride experience?" Because that's the one I would pick.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't really think you can compare Maverick to Millennium Force, or even try to figure out which one is better. They are two completely different coasters. That would be saying "Which is better, Top Thrill Dragster, or Magnum?" If you were to ask "Which is better, Leviathan, or Fury 325?" Then it would make more sense because the coasters are actually similar to each other.

To answer your question though, it depends on what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I want a huge drop, fast drawn out turns, and airtime hills... Something more relaxing... So I would pick Millennium Force... Then there are times I want snappy transitions, extreme ejector time, and a forceful launch... So I would pick Maverick.

Personally I of those two I can not pick which one is better, because they are both polar opposites.

All of this.

I've never really been able to definitively put Maverick over MF, but I also don't feel quite right putting it under it either. Both are absolutely awesome, and I put MF over Maverick in rankings only due to seniority!

Although its like comparing apples to oranges, (or blueberrys to tomatoes even), Maverick has a far better layout, with more intensity and the such. But Millennium Force is still one of the best I've ever been on. Mille is definitely more re-rideable however, even with the new restraints Maverick still can hurt your legs pretty bad. But still one ride is almost enough for Maverick.

I love both of these rides, but my vote goes to Maverick for being an amazingly intense and aggressive ride from start to finish. Maverick throws you around a lot, but it does so in the best way possible. While Maverick is the better ride in my opinion, I do prefer Millennium Force's first drop and first turn over Maverick's.

i wish i could try out the new maverick restraints this year. i dunno if i'm just the right size, but no matter how hard i try, the turn out of the launch always slams the crap out of my neck. i can ride out the rest of the awesomeness of maverick but that one turn, i just can't help but hit my neck. so, i'm hoping that won't be an issue with the new restraints.

but i like this big drops, and, i'll even like a one hit wonder like TTD over some more complete rides like maverick. so MF gets my vote. i'm sure if you polled 500 people, it would be split. no clear winner.

Maverick.

No question for me. It is the definition of a perfect coaster. Millennium has a great drop and lots of speed. Maverick on the other hand has everything: tunnel, launches, perfect inversions, insane (albeit small) drop, speed, crazy transitions, water features, some themeing, etc.

I am going to have to go with Maverick. It just has so much to offer during a run. LSM lift hill, pops of air, force full turns, inversions, a mid coaster launch, plus nice transitions and flow between elements along with a little water makes it a great coaster for me. Lots of fun! Millennium Force is raw power (1st drop) and raging smooth speed so it is a totally different coaster that I love too but I had to pick one. Hard to pick between Intamin's because I have never been on one yet that I didn't like, both are great rides to me.

I pretty much far prefer hyper coasters over everything else in steel rides and if I ranked, B&M hypers/gigas would pretty much occupy my entire top ten. One of the few inverting rides that might break that log jam would be Maverick. Millennium Force would not.

I definitely prefer Maverick. Both are really fun rides and I get the whole "You can't compare them" thing. But really, I simply prefer extreme and snappy coasters over smooth, fast, and graceful coasters. So naturally, I prefer the extreme and snappy Maverick over the fast and graceful Millennium Force.

Millennium Force for me. Maverick is still my #2 steel coaster, though. I just feel like Maverick has some awkward parts in the layout (such as a launch right into a long stretch of trims), but it does have better airtime than MF, so it's close.

This one's a tough vote for me, for two reasons. One, other than being made by Intamin, both coasters are quite unlike each other in many ways. IMO it would be like comparing Volcano to I-305. Second, the only times I ever rode Maverick was when it had those ear-bashing OTSRs, and I was never really able to appreciate the ride as I was working so hard to defend myself from the blows. I would really have to wait until the next time I get to CP and ride Maverick again and see how I like it without the head battering. But for now, I voted for Millennium Force.