TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, bert425 said:

so. . . Six Flags Mexico was in the news today. . for . . um. . not a good reason:

https://www.americanpost.news/six-flags-mexico-accused-of-discrimination-against-gay-couple-for-kissing/

although after (from what I've seen on my "LGBTQ+" sites), a rather rowdy protest today at the gates - including a fairly large same sex "kiss in" . . . late the afternoon, the company announced a reversal / removal of the "PDA" policy.

--> although DO note, the original policy that was used to discriminate on Wednesday?  *never once* singles out LGBTQ+ couples. . . that was a Park decision, and a disgusting one at that.  And the Park President DEFENDED the handling of the situation last night, prior to the backlash today.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/nation/story/2021-12-30/six-flags-in-mexico-city-drops-affectionate-behavior-ban

We really need a "shaking my head" reaction button.  Can't say I'm surprised, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Six Flags Mexico has paused the sale of all memberships but they're still selling annual passes.

No clue what Six Flags is up to, but given the direction they're currently heading in I assume that it's nothing that guests will be happy about.

With any luck its simply a consolidation of the "annual access" offerings to one choice, with the same benefits, and two different ways to pay for it (up-front or payments), just like, I dunno, every other chain.

I really enjoyed SF:Mexico back in a 2013 TPR Tour, thanks to Elissa and Robb. This was before their woodie (Medusa?) got re-done for another time. And more enjoyment, from what I read, heh.

I acted like a nut most of our visit there, from what I can remember, lol. I even wore the Superman cape for kids ..... yep, I did.

I also discovered Mexican beer with tomato juice was a - may - zing! It reminded me of actual old days where

I would have this in our local bars during the `gay old days` of Vancouver, heh. It was a regular concoction at the time, truth!

Long live SF:Mexico and all they have to offer for us! It's really a truly different kind of Six Flags park!  🤩

IMG_1924.JPG.730b705fb07240065ade0a7b54b053be.JPG

This version was in another park. Still good, ole'!

525017954_ResizeofIMG_1708.JPG.d779a378cd8d11634af18f5e68ab4499.JPG

EDIT to add: Although it says "GOD", Medusa was actually my 600th coaster!

Hence, the sign. Also, trivia nerds, every significant # I reach has been in a different country!

Here goes: 100/Wales, 200/Japan. 300/Germany. 400/England, 500/China. 600/Mexico, 700/USA/Calif.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering If anyone who has been to SF Mexico knows what there policy on the two "family" coasters is when it comes to adult riding them as I'm headed down in March. Same thing for Kataplum if anyone knows. (also while i'm asking Parque Diversiones in Costa Rica will also hopefully be visited depending on time as it is only open on weekends) whereas the Mexican parks have thursday hours

I am planning on making my first trip to the park in Mid-Febuary. Can anyone provide some insight for my questions below? I would really appreciate it. 

1) The park is open Sat. & Sun. (10 am - 9 pm) during my vacation. I am really just trying to get one ride per coaster credit (plus 3 on Medusa and Superman). How long should I expect this to take (few hours, 1/2 day, etc)?  I'm not sure what to expect for crowd levels or operations. 

2) Is there a particular day (Sat. vs Sun.) or time of day (morning vs evening) that would be better to visit?

3) Is there a fast pass available? I couldn't find any information about it on there website. If there is then I may just buy that to get all the credits done as quickly as possible. 

4) Are there any coasters closures/operational schedules I should be aware of. From what I could see online, it seems like all coasters are currently open/operational. 

Thanks!