TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

^ I went about a week after HITP ended this year. There was no rehab schedule, but it was definitely a slower time since the coasters only ran one train. The only things closed were the free spin, the rapids, and the kids area (the latter due to construction).

In both visits, the park has been packed so definitely get a Flash Pass since it's like $15 to skip 10 rides.

Driving in Mexico City is like the traffic of NYC with nonsensical roadways so I strongly recommend Uber since it's so cheap.

La Feria is nearby. They do have some rare rides, but that place has some of the worst ops I've ever seen. They have staggered openings and could close every major thrill ride with no warning.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the last few pages and already noted your Flash Pass and Uber tip so thanks for that, it's really helpful. I'll probably go to La Feria but I'll do so with no expectations whatsoever so anything we ride is a bonus.

I recommend you to visit the park on the second or third week of january, most schools have already started classes and you won't find the park packed.

If you go on a friday or sunday you will find good 2-train ops and is least likely for them to close rides for maintenance (they usually do that from monday to wednesday).

About La Feria, although they have made great improvements to the park and it's operations throughout this year, it's still slow compared to SF, and the park is too crowded on weekends no matter what time of the year is it. My suggestion is for you to visit La Feria on a wednesday or thursday, most rides are walk-ons!

I live in Mexico City, so don't hesitate to ask me for any local advise you need

I recommend you to visit the park on the second or third week of january, most schools have already started classes and you won't find the park packed.

If you go on a friday or sunday you will find good 2-train ops and is least likely for them to close rides for maintenance (they usually do that from monday to wednesday).

About La Feria, although they have made great improvements to the park and it's operations throughout this year, it's still slow compared to SF, and the park is too crowded on weekends no matter what time of the year is it. My suggestion is for you to visit La Feria on a wednesday or thursday, most rides are walk-ons!

I live in Mexico City, so don't hesitate to ask me for any local advise you need

Thanks so much! It's awesome to hear from a local and I may pick your brain a bit between now and the trip.

We're booked for the weekend of the 11th and 12th because we assume that it will still be Christmas in the Park and we want it to be Christmas in the Park because I love theme park Christmas events. If that means we have to buy Flash Pass I'm actually okay with that trade-off.

Does going to La Feria on a weekend increase the likelihood of them actually running everything?

Also, I don't want to hijack the thread but if you have any non-theme-park related tips on things to do, let me know. Teotihuacan is definitely on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome!

Christmas in the Park lasts until the third week of January, that would be the 19th so you will catch it for sure, and the flash pass for 10 rides costs between $15 and $30 USD depending on the demand of the day.

About La Feria, yes, going on weekends increases the chances of them running everything, although operations tend to be slow.

There's a new small park built on top of a mall in the south-east part of the city, near Xochimilco, called "Kataplum!" that features a Vekoma Family Inverted Coaster, a Spinning Wild Mouse and many other fun rides:

kataplum-m%C3%A9xico.jpg

About non-park related things to do, it really depends what you're into. Teotihuacan is a must-visit definitely.

Chapultepec Park is beautiful, and you can visit many atractions there besides La Feria like the Anthropology Museum, the Chapultepec Castle and the lakes:

chapultepec.jpg

Castillo-de-Chapultepec.jpg

Near Chapultepec is the luxurious Polanco neighborhood, there you will find Plaza Carso, home of the Soumaya art museum and Acuario Inbursa (the biggest aquarium in Latin America, which is completely underground):

In the west part of the city, also close-ish to Chapultepec is Parque La Mexicana, a relatively new urban park with fantastic views but not really much to do:

BUSOLINEA_LA_MEXICANA_gobierno_CDMX.jpg?fit=fit&fm=jpg&h=150&ixlib=php-1.2.1&w=150

Those are the places that come to mind, don't hesitate to ask me for more specific recommendations!

• 2 weeks later...

Six Flags Mexico, the undisputed Thrill Capital of Latin America, announced its most exciting ride to date—CraZanity—the world’s tallest pendulum ride. With a record height more than 50 meters, this enormous, giant disk will reach speeds over 120 kilometers per hour as it whips back and forth, and higher and higher, to give riders an amazing view of the world all around them.

849691178_SixFlagsMexico-Crazanity.thumb.jpg.a72c0a09b7ec0c95bb0a856d64bf94cd.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm finally starting to do some planning for this trip and I realized I just missed another incredibly helpful post from MKvillalba so thanks a lot! Kataplum looks great as does Chapultepec Castle and Acuario Inbursa which I never knew existed.

By the way, where is this new Frisbee ride going in the park exactly? Do we know yet?

You're welcome Coasterbill

Crazanity will be located in the spot currently occupied by the Teatro Chino, the stadium-like theather where the park's main shows and events used to take place.

I've also heard that the Mundo Marino theather, which is closed since the City approved a law that forbids shows featuring living animals, will become the park's main venue in the near future.

crazanity.thumb.jpg.e0b7d899ce45f0ffea6b326fba44b4c5.jpg

*approximate location

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have any experience using a Six Flags Mexico membership in the states? It seems like we would be absolute idiots not to cancel our current passes and buy Diamond Elite passes in Mexico for less than $10 US per month when we go as long as all of the main Diamond Elite benefits transfer easily and people won't look at our passes like they have no idea what to do and send us to guest relations or something.

Yeah, buying a six flags membership in México is always a good idea. I buy every year the gold membership for 30 dollars and then you can easily access to every six flags park in the states.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great! The dirt cheap gold membership is tempting but I feel like we might as well just take advantage of getting Diamond Elite passes for basically half price.

PS: MKvillalba check your PMs if you're reading this.

Edited by coasterbill
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you're all looking at the newest Six Flags Diamante Elite members with membrasias dining deluxe. Book a flight and get in on this amazing conversion rate gravy train.

• 1 month later...