Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know Jesus, always playing tricks!

According to Six Flags Mexico’s Twitter, Superman has given its last rides and will be leaving the park (based on rough translation). They have replied to a few comments under the Tweet saying informa

LOL Screamscape fell for it too.

Posted Images

I'm wondering if that is the Wingover Drop Darien Lake was talking about in it's concept of Lake Monster??? either way that first drop on the New Medusa looks sick!!! as does Goliath at SFGAm RMC is really on a roll

Exactly what I was thinking. This ride looks amazing and very intense.

I hope they release a full POV of this coaster soon! I'm really interested in what the layout is. I think Medusa had the best pre-existing layout to begin with (out of Texas Giant and Rattler) so it's interesting to see how much they're actually re-profiling.

Not sure which announcement is more exciting... Medusa or a Mexico TPR trip!

I would go with BOTH! Mexico was a great trip! I have been wanting to go back and with this announcement it gives me a great excuse. Not that I ever needed an excuse to go back because it IS Mexico!

Robb needs to edit a segement when you guys shoot the POV and use that song.

This looks really really really really great...would love to see a full layout.

If you piece together both the cut off POV/Teaser video here and the clips from the entire announcement video, you can see the entire layout. I'll make it in NL if anyone cares. But basically, it goes:

-Barrel Roll drop

-right hand turn

-airtime hill into right hand turnaround

-drop

-left hand turn

-left hand turnaround, looks to be banked around 90 degrees

-straight drop

-airtime twisty hill turning left at the top

-barrel roll (this is where the POV teaser ends)

-right hand turnaround

-airtime hill with slight opposite banking at the top

-right hand 90 degree turn

-airtime hill

-left hand turnaround inside the previous high turnaround

-down hill inline roll

-left hand turn through structure to breaks

/end terrible enthusiast

Basically it follows the exact same layout and general profile but with all of the RMC shaping goodness. I also wonder if it will use steel wheels for that long of a layout. The friction is much lower than with poly wheels.

However I think it looks like the best RMC remake so far, for sure. It basically combines NTAG and IRAT into one epic ride.

EDIT: Robb just posted the full video on the last page! Go watch it now

Basically it follows the exact same layout and general profile but with all of the RMC shaping goodness. I also wonder if it will use steel wheels for that long of a layout. The friction is much lower than with poly wheels.

However I think it looks like the best RMC remake so far, for sure. It basically combines NTAG and IRAT into one epic ride.

I was thinking the same thing about steel wheels. This looks to be the smallest of the 5 RMCs, but it seems pretty long. Medusa had a good layout to start, but this just looks awesome!

I'm really happy that the park will have this type of major attraction. It certainly could use it. If I don't get to Mexico next year, I will definitely look at Spring Break 2015.

I've been interested to see what RMC would do with one of these CCI coasters for some time and this exceeded my expectations by a long shot. To be quite honest, I kind of want to ride this more than the new coaster at Six Flags Great America, but I'm sure both are going to be great. 2014 looks like it's going to be a hell of a year!