TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Six Flags Mexico, the undisputed Thrill Capital of Latin America, announced its most exciting ride to date—CraZanity—the world’s tallest pendulum ride. With a record height more than 50 meters, this enormous, giant disk will reach speeds over 120 kilometers per hour as it whips back and forth, and higher and higher, to give riders an amazing view of the world all around them.

849691178_SixFlagsMexico-Crazanity.thumb.jpg.a72c0a09b7ec0c95bb0a856d64bf94cd.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm finally starting to do some planning for this trip and I realized I just missed another incredibly helpful post from MKvillalba so thanks a lot! Kataplum looks great as does Chapultepec Castle and Acuario Inbursa which I never knew existed.

By the way, where is this new Frisbee ride going in the park exactly? Do we know yet?

You're welcome Coasterbill

Crazanity will be located in the spot currently occupied by the Teatro Chino, the stadium-like theather where the park's main shows and events used to take place.

I've also heard that the Mundo Marino theather, which is closed since the City approved a law that forbids shows featuring living animals, will become the park's main venue in the near future.

crazanity.thumb.jpg.e0b7d899ce45f0ffea6b326fba44b4c5.jpg

*approximate location

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have any experience using a Six Flags Mexico membership in the states? It seems like we would be absolute idiots not to cancel our current passes and buy Diamond Elite passes in Mexico for less than $10 US per month when we go as long as all of the main Diamond Elite benefits transfer easily and people won't look at our passes like they have no idea what to do and send us to guest relations or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great! The dirt cheap gold membership is tempting but I feel like we might as well just take advantage of getting Diamond Elite passes for basically half price.

PS: MKvillalba check your PMs if you're reading this.

Edited by coasterbill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

According to Six Flags Mexico’s Twitter, Superman has given its last rides and will be leaving the park (based on rough translation). They have replied to a few comments under the Tweet saying information will be released on their socials and website soon.

This is a shocking move. Superman is their largest, most iconic, and (to some) their best coaster. Wow.

670111A4-0C23-4DE8-9583-0BE458187AB6.jpeg

EDIT: Turns out today is Mexico’s equivalent of “April Fool’s Day”???

DANG they got me!

• Haha 3

My eyes widened when I read the first post here. "Not Superman!" screamed in my head.

Then, I read more.  Ha! Bizarre time for any April Fool's-like stuff. Wonder why they have it so close, after Christmas Day?

Ah well....

the_more_you_know.gif.86931d88c33438c045fc8321b4e3e091.gif

• 1 year later...

so. . . Six Flags Mexico was in the news today. . for . . um. . not a good reason:

https://www.americanpost.news/six-flags-mexico-accused-of-discrimination-against-gay-couple-for-kissing/

although after (from what I've seen on my "LGBTQ+" sites), a rather rowdy protest today at the gates - including a fairly large same sex "kiss in" . . . late the afternoon, the company announced a reversal / removal of the "PDA" policy.

--> although DO note, the original policy that was used to discriminate on Wednesday?  *never once* singles out LGBTQ+ couples. . . that was a Park decision, and a disgusting one at that.  And the Park President DEFENDED the handling of the situation last night, prior to the backlash today.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/nation/story/2021-12-30/six-flags-in-mexico-city-drops-affectionate-behavior-ban

Major oof. Very sad, and yeah dropping the policy is better than not but when it comes after public shaming..doesnt feel very "valid" from them, especially if they originally defended it. 

Good on the people though, that is an epic response and they got em to nix it!

• Like 4