TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

I've started hearing rumors that a Super Loop is on tap for 2017. Not surprising.

Maybe they can call it El Diablo?

Original Name Idea: Hot Tamale

Nah... El Diablo would be too normative there. They're going to call it "The Devil" instead, to give it that ethnic flair!

I've started hearing rumors that a Super Loop is on tap for 2017. Not surprising.

Maybe they can call it El Diablo?

Original Name Idea: Hot Tamale

Nah... El Diablo would be too normative there. They're going to call it "The Devil" instead, to give it that ethnic flair!

• 5 weeks later...
Wow there isn't really much to say about this announcement...Virtual Reality on Medusa should be intresting I guess...the mardi gras parade sounds fun, but honestly this is probably the worst addition they are doing this year...poor SFM...

I think the money went into the new water park (on which point a lot)

to the park remain a low-cost innovations. that's okay

Wow there isn't really much to say about this announcement...Virtual Reality on Medusa should be intresting I guess...the mardi gras parade sounds fun, but honestly this is probably the worst addition they are doing this year...poor SFM...

They've gotten a themed spinner, possibly the best RMC makeover so far, Justice League, and a Sky Screamer all in the last few years. I think they're gonna be okay.

They've gotten a themed spinner, possibly the best RMC makeover so far, Justice League, and a Sky Screamer all in the last few years. I think they're gonna be okay.

I didn't say that they needed something more, I simply stated that it isn't much of anything. I wasn't saying theres anything WRONG with that though...

• 2 weeks later...

^ It is because this park is in Mexico City, not on the coast like a cruise port/ tourist area. Also, it does not rely on foreign visitors to sustain its business. Only us theme park nerds would go to this park versus one in our own country, so they likely get very few visitors that speak English. Most tourists that spend time and money to go to Mexico do not go to Six Flags. It is simply not worth the park's while to hire people who can speak English. This is also the reason why this park does not even have a webpage in English, but all the US parks have one in Spanish.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me how much this park is crowded in August? I will go in the middle of the week, maybe a Tuesday or a Wednesday.. I hope queues won't surpass 30minutes per ride.. especially on Medusa

It is usually very crowded in the weekends, but if you go on tuesday it should be OK.

I would advise you to go the last week of August though, the kids have already returned to school and you will find the park almost empty!

• 2 months later...

That is a really cool picture! The parks always look so great around the holidays. Also, isn't that water park in Oaxtepec supposed to open up in just over a month? I remember they originally touted a February opening but I certainly haven't heard much about it recently. The animation was released a while back but as of now the website is not even working! You would think that if they want to open at some point in February they would want to make day tickets available for sale pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...