TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

How is the language barrier for Mexico City? Particularly for the park, and hotels? Is English prominent?

Don't worry about it. Worst scenary: they wouldn't be able to answer you but they will understand what you're saying.

If you want to save some bucks, I'd recommend you to use Uber if it's too late to get the metro.

"Hello, Please, and Thank You" are a good three to learn, when in another country.

1760541508_ResizeofIMG_1705.JPG.fb15fecebea1476caf23b6e51a1d0fc8.JPG

Six Flags Mexico has one of the better SLCs, IMhO. TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.

Many people speak good English at the park and in the city, but always do yourself a favor and learn some basic words and phrases in the language of the country you're visiting.

Oh I completely agree. I was just curious as my Spanish is a little rusty.

Many people speak good English at the park and in the city, but always do yourself a favor and learn some basic words and phrases in the language of the country you're visiting.

Oh I completely agree. I was just curious as my Spanish is a little rusty.

You'll be fine then! I've never taken a day of Spanish in my life and all I know is from Dora and Handy Manny and living in Florida. I did pretty well!

SFA, maybe the ride hates you. Haven't had any problems with SFSTL on, but SFOT, don't get me started.

Anyway, my favorite thing about these clones so far is that they are each different. I think it's great regardless of the one you go to that it will be at least somewhat unique.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to experience SFM last week during a trip to Mexico City.

The park overall is one of (if not) the best in the chain when it comes to themeing, upkeep and overall appeal.

We visited on Wednesday, May 4 and there were a TON of school groups - probably 30 buses full. Otherwise, I think the park might have been empty.

We opted for some Flash Passes (with the current USD-Peso conversion, why not)?

Medusa was unfortunately only running one train, but we got three rides on it.

Out of the RMC I've ridden, here is how I would rank them:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. NTAG

3. Medusa

4. Iron Rattler

Medusa was great - but without a signature first drop (with airtime), it seemed to be missing something. The pacing in the ride is incredible.

I was really blown away by the themeing in Superman's queue - it reminded me a lot of Spiderman at IOA. The ride wasn't half-bad either

I also enjoyed the JL:BfM - this was the first one I've been on and it really exceeded my expectations.

Joker at SFM compared to when it was Pandemonium at SFDK is night and day. The Fun House queue was awesome - and the ride was relentless. I don't think we slowed down on any of the MCBRs.

Batman and Boomerang were awful. Dark Knight was meh. We did try their slingshot - it was a model that sends you up to ~ 270 feet - it was pretty awesome (and $12 USD/person)!

Their flat ride selection was pretty awesome. Catapulta was probably my favorite.

Again, it was a great day to explore this really nice park. Highly recommended to any enthusiast or anyone visiting Mexico City!

Great park. Great rides and coasters lineup. And home of my # 600, Medusa!

The place was nice and clean, the staff were helpful and friendly,

and I learned a (not so) new way to enjoy a BEER (or a few) in the park!

DSC_1379.jpg.53bcc205fb3c9d2fea42a61011322427.jpg

Yum.

• 1 month later...
Anyway, my favorite thing about these clones so far is that they are each different. I think it's great regardless of the one you go to that it will be at least somewhat unique.

I agree, I was watching videos of them all, trying to spot the differences! Some have a statue at the beginning, others have a plant, the layout varies each time, the Joker scene is layed out differently, etc.

But one difference particularly struck me regarding the Mexico version... I mean except aside from the language.

There is no squinching in the 3D sequences!

Squinching is the dynamic deformation of a 3D image according to the position of the vehicle, creating a depth effect and the illusion of looking through a windows rather than at a flat screen.

It make me sad, but in hindsight it mostly makes me wonder why such a downgrade..? I get that you have to redo the squinching for each particular ride as their layouts are different, but Sally did it with all the others clones...

No squinching in the Mexico version.

Squinching in the Over Texas version.

Look at the buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

As I will be in Mexico City this weekend, I was going to try to go to the park this weekend. Has anyone been recently? What are the weekend crowds like? I know it has been raining pretty much all week, I'm hoping the rain will hold out so I could at least get a few coasters in. I know Mexico City has a pretty good public transit; would that be my best bet to/from the park. I'll be staying in Condesa. Any information/tips on this park would be appreciated! Thanks!

^that does ruin the effect a little. I wonder why this JL doesn't have it.

How much cost difference between flat screen and squinching is it, for such an effect? Just curious.

^that does ruin the effect a little. I wonder why this JL doesn't have it.

How much cost difference between flat screen and squinching is it, for such an effect? Just curious.

I don't know about everyone else, but for me, squinching enhances 3D effects on the screens a little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...