TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Both Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Mexico, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, will bring the next generation of interactive thrills to their parks with the debut of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This immersive, 4D virtual reality-like ride was named by USA TODAY readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions in 2015 and was most recently awarded Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider. Guests become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart the villains to save the city of Metropolis.

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.dccc039882e1b119a2af0da6177766cd.jpg

jlbfm-ka.thumb.jpg.cd5ced869598d69a93bccaf791cc4690.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

^It'll be a great addition to the park, I was kind of surprised there's only 2 more of these being built this year after the first two seemed quite popular but then again I thought the same thing when I saw only one free-fly/spin coming this year. Was there a building already at the park that will be used for this?

^^ I wish we had a dark ride like this, coming to my home park.

And I miss Six Flags Mexico, too. Must go back, some year soon.

2102145615_ResizeofIMG_1708.JPG.ce61c9d228f24e17f242eee3eb413f01.JPG

My 600th Coaster. The original Medusa at SFM. TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are in Mexico City now - we were somewhat shoehorned into visiting SFM late-ish Sunday night, during a light rain and an unusual cold-front, due to the fact that SFM isn't open on weekdays now during the time that we're here. And we were still blown away by this park.

The landscaping and themeing of the rides and really the whole park was impeccable. All of the space was utilized brilliantly. Frightfest events had started, and there were actors and heavy fog / light effects throughout large sections of the park, which were fantastic. We didn't have time for any of the haunts, but the frightfest themeing was far above that of most Six Flags parks we've seen. The park was open until midnight, which was awesome, and nothing closed despite the weather. Props to the Mexicans too, the park was still lively despite the poor weather. The operations were fantastic, which we weren't expecting from previous reviews. Every single ride was pumping out laps as fast as they could, with all major rides running multiple trains. Lines moved quickly, and there were plenty of staff around, especially in the stations, where each train was loaded and checked by at least 4 ride operators - the park was clean and the crowds well-controlled.

And MEDUSA!!! Was life-changing. We only had a chance to ride it in the dark (we aren't complaining), and twice, (which was an unexpected gift, as someone at the front of Boomerang handed us their unfinished flash pass tickets), but it was start to finish incredible. The line was great (through the crooked house, and the long meandering walk through the middle of the ride). We were impressed how the ride fit so well into the surrounding area / trees / rocks, with no deadspace. The fog was coming in from fright fest areas. The loading was quick and efficient. The first drop was fantastic, the airtime was insane and relentless and consistent, the pacing (as everyone says) was perfect, the inversions were so well-placed, the over-banked turns and the overall relentless intensity - my biggest takeaway was 'wow, what a breath of fresh air', which is a lot for us jaded enthusiasts, and something I didn't expect from a recycled layout of the old Medusa. Really, we were so impressed. I had a little bit of a tough time placing this ride, but it's definitely in my top 5 - if not my #2 steel. We had just ridden Twisted Colossos a few weeks earlier, and Medusa was our hands-down favorite.

And as if Medusa isn't enough, Superman at night with the fog rolling in was a real treat as well. My wife grew up in Pittsburgh with Phantom at Kennywood (which she loves), and she much preferred this. I don't know where I stand on the comparison, really, but Superman is definitely one of the better Morgan (or Arrow) hypers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm looking into visiting SFM near March 20th. Any locals have anything to warn me about? On their website, it looks like Boomerang is temporarily closed, but I don't see that for any other coasters, I would definitely avoid a visit to the park of Medusa wasn't running. Any info on crowds on a Sunday in March would be very welcome! Thanks so much!

This is really neat! It seems like just yesterday Six Flags was just emerging from bankruptcy and here they go again buying another park. However given the population of Mexico City and the apparent recent success of Six Flags Mexico, this seems to be a very smart move.

How is construction coming along for Justice League?

They're almost done. It will be opened by the first or second week on March.

Hey guys, I'm looking into visiting SFM near March 20th. Any locals have anything to warn me about? On their website, it looks like Boomerang is temporarily closed, but I don't see that for any other coasters, I would definitely avoid a visit to the park of Medusa wasn't running. Any info on crowds on a Sunday in March would be very welcome! Thanks so much!

I wouldn't go on that week being a local. It will be crowded. Consider that March 21st is a mexican holiday and 24th and 25th are part of easter week. On that week they're running almost everything at full capacity and they don't want to have a roller coaster like Medusa down. If possible, I would choose March 6th or 13th.

On the other hand, you can buy VIP experience with only 55 dls (online) and you have 1 ride on Medusa (no need to wait in line). And if you need more, you can buy a flash pass (1 ride) for another 10 or 12 bucks (price depends on demand).

^It's elsewhere in Mexico, and from the sounds of it is the reopening of an SBNO water park. It's not affiliated with Six Flags Mexico (other than being run by the same chain).

Exactly. 1.5 h driving from SFM...

• 3 weeks later...

According to this video, Six Flags will just be managing the water park and they have a contract for 20 years. I thought they bought it but apparently not.

Well that's interesting. Are there any other parks, or water parks in the chain that SF just manages? Or will this be the first one?

• 3 weeks later...

I visited Six Flags Mexico for the first time this weekend, mainly to experience Medusa Steel Coaster, and took a few pictures of the brand new Justice League ride. As the above poster noted, it opened on March 4. The ride is gorgeous. It looks, smells, and feels brand new. I’ve been on the ride in St. Louis; it’s a great ride there, and it’s a great ride here. I favor it over Toy Story Midway Mania.

I seem to recall Sally discussing that this year’s Justice Leagues would be “version 2”, but everything seemed identical to the version in St. Louis. Perhaps Sally was referring to the yet-to-open Gurnee version, or the “version 2” changes were behind the scenes.

Before I get to the pictures, a few non-Justice League thoughts…

I have been fortunate to visit every Six Flags park except The Great Escape. Six Flags Mexico is now my favorite Six Flags park. The park is beautiful, in part because the buildings, pathways, etc. are more authentically constructed than the US parks. Save for some dirty spots on Superman: el Último Escape, the coasters all have fresh, shiny coats of paint on them.

The staff is very friendly and very very competent. Every coaster was dispatching trains at the proper intervals or sooner. The crew at Medusa was highly concerned with the lap bar making sufficient contact with smaller riders’ thighs (I have never seen this on other RMC trains), and were efficient at asking several small riders to get off the train so it could be sent out quickly. At the Dark Knight coaster, they were running the pre-show and loading cars so efficiently that they cleared the post-pre-show line before the next group exited the pre-show!

At the rides or otherwise, you could tell that everyone knew what they were doing, and understood their role in the larger context of operating the park. From the photo booth staff to the security guards, everyone was on-point, smiling and ready to help (even though my Spanish is limited and hardly anyone spoke English).

Medusa Steel Coaster is my favorite RMC, and I have been on all of them except Wicked Cyclone (which I think is probably the most similar to Medusa, so I might have a new favorite if I ever ride that one). I happened to visit Fiesta Texas the week prior to visiting Six Flags Mexico, and must say that I greatly prefer the Gerstlauer trains. I found the RMC trains on this particular track to be very rough in the rear seats of each car/wheel seats.

Ok, thanks for reading my thoughts on this fantastic park. Here are those pictures!

IMG_1348.thumb.JPG.94483d53d3b109989ceae37a1618a4b9.JPG

Approaching the new Justice League attraction, just past the (not awful) SLC!

IMG_1350.thumb.JPG.21ccf5019f45e867fb86ec25a5d6141d.JPG

Superman el Último Escape looms over the ride.

IMG_1351.thumb.JPG.1c1b12aad86b3764a5eaac5cfb81267f.JPG

IMG_1352.thumb.JPG.2169de5aed75d4be4d55d13d91543a61.JPG

The building looks straight out of a comic book.

IMG_1354.thumb.JPG.14017b148cf64ab359bae205a0d6cc7d.JPG

There is a giant, massive exterior queue, and they did not build any shortcuts through it.

IMG_1362.thumb.JPG.1cd52eccd564bcce24ec7b74c83cd1e7.JPG

Inside is largely the same as the St. Louis version, except for the Spanish dialog and captions.

IMG_1363.thumb.JPG.69c3ab939ee541cf4bbc1aa183b5840e.JPG

IMG_1364.thumb.JPG.76719c64b5a1d857f14be027aeed2c64.JPG

IMG_1365.thumb.JPG.f29cdb40124e71003d914de6aa015a65.JPG

joker.thumb.jpg.8def39fad62b648109f316c78bfb507c.jpg

...I have been fortunate to visit every Six Flags park except The Great Escape. Six Flags Mexico is now my favorite Six Flags park. The park is beautiful, in part because the buildings, pathways, etc. are more authentically constructed than the US parks. Save for some dirty spots on Superman: el Último Escape, the coasters all have fresh, shiny coats of paint on them...

I feel about Six Flags Mexico, the same way you do. So much better, than a number of the US parks.

But - let's keep it our secret and not tell anyone, or there'll be massive treks to Mexico City from the States.

2062158643_ResizeofIMG_1715.JPG.1f81df8bfb548503b3a5766c48828015.JPG

I smile too, when I think of SF-Mexico. TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.