TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

GRAN ANUNCIO: Permanezcan al pendiente ya que este jueves anunciaremos cuál será la nueva atracción que Six Flags México tendrá para ustedes en el 2015, ¿ansiosos por conocerla? Aquí les dejamos una pista...

(translated on FB)

Big Announcement: remain in the slope of the fact that this Thursday we shall be announcing what will be the new attraction to six flags Mexico will be for you in the 2015, anxious to know her? Here we let them a clue...

Man, "Permanezcan al pendiente" is really tricky to translate, I had to ask someone and they said it's closest to "Keep waiting for" or "Keep expecting" but that's doesn't really capture the essence of it well. It's an expression used when someone is really waiting in anticipation for something. The last sentence translates better to: "We'll leave you with a clue here" but that's reasonably apparent like the rest of the text (though I had to look pista up since I thought it meant something like a floor, runway or (sports) court - it does, but apparently it can also mean a clue, as in a trail)

I wonder why on SFM is the only park receiving one this season? I know of two other parks who could really use Skyscreamers as well. (SFMM and SFA)

Maybe it was originally supposed to go to SFA, but then Six Flags decided to save on shipping costs when it started looking like this would be a slower year? (Australia to Mexico is about 2/3rds the distance of Australia to Maryland)

SFM posted to their Facebook:

GRAN ANUNCIO: Permanezcan al pendiente ya que este jueves anunciaremos cuál será la nueva atracción que Six Flags México tendrá para ustedes en el 2015, ¿ansiosos por conocerla? Aquí les dejamos una pista...

(translated on FB)

Big Announcement: remain in the slope of the fact that this Thursday we shall be announcing what will be the new attraction to six flags Mexico will be for you in the 2015, anxious to know her? Here we let them a clue...

The picture attached to it is just a random picture of the sky and some clouds. The locals are thinkin SkyScreamer....

Well, that appears to be it.

Man, "Permanezcan al pendiente" is really tricky to translate, I had to ask someone and they said it's closest to "Keep waiting for" or "Keep expecting" but that's doesn't really capture the essence of it well. It's an expression used when someone is really waiting in anticipation for something. The last sentence translates better to: "We'll leave you with a clue here" but that's reasonably apparent like the rest of the text (though I had to look pista up since I thought it meant something like a floor, runway or (sports) court - it does, but apparently it can also mean a clue, as in a trail)

As a local, I think the best translation for that is "Stay tuned".

INTERESTING FACT: Without counting SlingShot (which has an extra fee) and some kiddie rides added several years ago, SkyScreamer will be the FIRST flat ride added to SFM's line-up SINCE IT OPENED!!! For 14 years we have been riding the same flat rides and watching many of them being removed. This will also be the tallest structure in the park, so, I'm guessing this will be a huge success for my home park.

1655380777_ScreenShot2014-08-28at8_10_17.png.9aac33c246789fa0b5cf8ec82ac07c10.png

Link: http://www.sixflags.com.mx/

Six Flags Mexico, the world-class theme park in Latin America, will add the tallest and most exciting spinning attraction in the country. Soaring an astounding 242 feet in the air, SkyScreamer will provide guests breathtaking, panoramic views as they spin high above the park and city below. The journey begins as 32 guests sit two across in open-air swings. At full swing, guests revolve in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 35 mph for a full two minutes. The Six Flags globe at the top of the tower will serve as a new icon drawing guests from near and far. It is time to fly and conquer the sky in the new SkyScreamer!

1719526474_ScreenShot2014-08-28at8_21_36.png.867206be4b6a343ca551b771870faf2d.png

1377925655_ScreenShot2014-08-28at8_21_53.png.0ddee193e85b3e07b8d1ae9f0072b70a.png

Edited by robbalvey

Never been on a SkyScreamer, but it sure does look like fun, and it ought to provide some great views. I agree that SkyScreamers will be probably be at every Six Flags park within the next few years.

^The Windseekers feel much more controlled and slower than the Sky Screamers. Also there's something about the little metal chains on the Sky Screamers as opposed to the big mechanical arms of the Windseekers. And finally, the Windseekers seem to have many problems operationally.

Since I haven't ridden any of the two. Why SkyScreamers are better than WindSeekers?

As someone who's been on both, I can say that the main reason skyscreamers trump windseekers is the fact that the skyscreamers simply have a better program and run faster. on the skyscreamers (at least the ones I've done), the the gondola that holds the swings ascends and descends the tower multiple times, and the ride itself spins faster. However, on the windseeker, the gondola reaches the top, spins, and comes back down... there's less variation, and I believe a shorter ride cycle.

As a side note, please don't take my view on the windseeker as how i view all flats made by Mondial. Mondial is a great company, and I can proudly say that their top scan is tied for #1 int he list of my fav flats with the chance zipper. However, the windseeker is one ride they completely screwed up with