TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

SFM posted a picture of the Medusa train on-site today. The picture below is from their facebook.

Also, I have been told that the Grad Night information is no longer advertising Medusa as part of the event. This could indicate that they don't think it will be ready by June.

med.jpg.34ca24010b32e3b10a1d07de44911a19.jpg

Photo Credit: Six Flags Mexico Facebook

If it is, I'm not sure why it hasn't been removed

Most likely because Six Flags doesn't care. They probably figure that it's not visible from guest areas so they don't see the point in removing it.

Six Flags has a long, storied history of laziness when it comes to ride removals but here are some examples of them doing the same thing.

21_441.jpg

Skull Mountain at SFA

Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure

Footers for nothing from the old Rattler

I could go on as there are plenty of other examples (Metro at Magic Mountain...lol). While this isn't a big issue, it is an example of something most other operators would have fixed.

Edited by coasterbill

Haha! That would make sense. I though that at first, but I didn't see any evidence of more track going there.

But it is pretty tacky for Six to leave pieces of old demolished coaster laying around, similar to Rolling Thunder, and the other pictures above.

Great Adventure left that portion of Rolling Thunder under El Toro to preserve the crossover element the two rides used to share. According to the park, that was the only place where 2 (I guess 3 if you count Rolling Thunder as 2) roller coasters crossed.

If it is, I'm not sure why it hasn't been removed

Most likely because Six Flags doesn't care. They probably figure that it's not visible from guest areas so they don't see the point in removing it.

Six Flags has a long, storied history of laziness when it comes to ride removals but here are some examples of them doing the same thing.

This is very much NOT the case at Six Flags Mexico. As mentioned, the track is supposed to make 3 passes at that area so presumably track will be laid on this structure.

Great Adventure left that portion of Rolling Thunder under El Toro to preserve the crossover element the two rides used to share. According to the park, that was the only place where 2 (I guess 3 if you count Rolling Thunder as 2) roller coasters crossed.

That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Tear down that last portion of Rolling Thunder and connect the damn drop tower to El Toro underneath the crossover hill to re-complete the loop that they've closed off - they just left it there because they're lazy and don't see the point in putting in the effort to remove one ride from under another when they aren't using the space anyway.

Anyways, back to the topic on hand...got a good chuckle out of everybody all riled up over SFM leaving supports intact when they're going to be using them. Jump the gun, much?

This is very much NOT the case at Six Flags Mexico. As mentioned, the track is supposed to make 3 passes at that area so presumably track will be laid on this structure.

Yup! Plus, the RMC metal ledgers are already on some of those bents if you look close

That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. Tear down that last portion of Rolling Thunder and connect the damn drop tower to El Toro underneath the crossover hill to re-complete the loop that they've closed off - they just left it there because they're lazy and don't see the point in putting in the effort to remove one ride from under another when they aren't using the space anyway.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, being able to go under that part would be cool.

Looks like at least one train has been put into place! From SFM's Facebook:

10170992_10152406604827138_6640977958169985001_n.jpg

Looks like the transfer track or the storage section... Interesting to see that they used wood track. Have you noticed anything similar on TNTG or IR?

^I couldn't find a picture of NTaG but IR's transfer track (at least part of it) is made of steel.irat_431.jpg.2f79181d57610b48342ea21095c11c03.jpg

This confirms that we can now have a new type of hybrid: half of the layout is steel (with RMC's I-box track and normal steel supports) and the other half is wood (topper track)! That would be interesting.