TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Hello folks! New picture of MSC posted by Six Flags Mexico:

1098347_10152265003637138_332890954_n.jpg

I fall in love wih this coaster more and more with every photo!

Also, our friends at montanarusa.com posted several park updates yesterday, all photo credit goes to them.

Here is Medusa's third drop as seen from the main plaza of Pueblo Mexicano, just after you enter the park. In the back you can see the supports ready for the 3rd and last barrel roll.

1920144_710128519020758_1023073120_n.jpg

In this pic you can see that the Pueblo Vaquero, the area of the park where MSC is located, is going through a complete refurbishment (And a random Hawkgirl walking).

1975186_709990715701205_46062890_n.jpg

Aaand, last but not least, SlingShot pieces are still at the parking lot waiting. The park announced it will open in a few weeks.

1962681_710026892364254_111013552_n.jpg

Greetings from Mexico City!

^Agreed. Flights aren't terribly priced, not to mention there's enough to do in Mexico City to warrant a 3-4 day trip. Tempting...... [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393383058.724596.jpg[/attachment]

Actually, those look a little pricey. I have been going down to Mexico City every few months ever since the TPR trip, and I usually find myself paying no more than $320 out of LAX. I'm actually going down in a month on AeroMexico for $292.

Another trick, if you have the time and resources, is to keep an eye on Volaris and Interjet flights out of Tijuana...sometimes they post fares for as little as $60. I took that route once, and while it is a huge pain in the ass, you save quite a bit of money.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152295229632138&set=a.118067992137.98437.110598952137&type=1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

#MedusaSteelCoaster sigue avanzando, cada vez la vía naranja invade más partes del recorrido... pero aún falta. ¡Este verano podrás vivir esta nueva experiencia!

Te esperamos este puente, abrimos también el lunes, compra tus boletos en sixflags.com.mx

1909152_10152295229632138_1101618945_o.jpg.b61418bc1e22600aad925a6069c5fee5.jpg

My husband is going on a business trip to Mexico City on Friday, and with some free time on my hands I decided to join in the last minute. The fact that I haven't been there before and could add a few credits to my list might have something to do with it...

Anyway, could anyone offer any tips on the easiest way of getting to Six Flags Mexico? My Spanish is not good enough to make any sense of the website and I have yet to find an English version (but thank you, Google Translate). It looks like the metro and a Six Flags bus is the fastest option, unless I take a taxi? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

^The easiest way is just to take a taxi. You can arrange an official (safe) taxi from your hotel.

A cheaper option is to take the Metro line 3 to the southernmost station, Universidad. You don't need to speak Spanish to take the Metro, everything has pictures and is color coded. There's a large taxi stand right outside the station (next to the buses), and it's about 40 pesos ($3.50) to take a cab to SFM from there. It's only about 7km away and takes maybe 10 minutes depending on traffic. On the way back, you can catch a taxi on the street right outside SFM, and take it to Universidad station to do the trip in reverse.

Have fun!

^The easiest way is just to take a taxi. You can arrange an official (safe) taxi from your hotel.

A cheaper option is to take the Metro line 3 to the southernmost station, Universidad. You don't need to speak Spanish to take the Metro, everything has pictures and is color coded. There's a large taxi stand right outside the station (next to the buses), and it's about 40 pesos ($3.50) to take a cab to SFM from there. It's only about 7km away and takes maybe 10 minutes depending on traffic. On the way back, you can catch a taxi on the street right outside SFM, and take it to Universidad station to do the trip in reverse.

Have fun!

^ Yeah, that's all you have to do to get to SFM in an easy way.

Anyway, could anyone offer any tips on the easiest way of getting to Six Flags Mexico? My Spanish is not good enough to make any sense of the website and I have yet to find an English version (but thank you, Google Translate). It looks like the metro and a Six Flags bus is the fastest option, unless I take a taxi? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hope you have a great day at SFM! Don't worry about the language, you'll survive

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the park:

- Slingshot is OPEN!

MX$250 per rider and MX$200 per season pass holder (US $19.13 / $15.31)

- Superman El Ultimo Escape is currently installing on-board loose item bags (like at Disney parks). Superman is a Morgan Hyper Coaster.

Have we seen this on any other Six Flags coaster before? Perhaps it's the beginning of a trend?

1.thumb.JPG.68cb3a2189dba95186609a695da0eabf.JPG

Superman is the large hyper coaster in the background.

2.JPG.57d7587605fb5c6203254a36c5285d66.JPG

While the ride already utilizes a cubby system, they now have these on-board bags!

Edited by WFChris

Very cool idea - but I think the zippers are going to last only so long,

before they'll need continual replacement. Maybe they should go (future

suggestion) with the more elasticated holders, usually fabric, that hold

to the back of the seat in front, etc. Journey in Disney Sea uses them,

so does Indy in Disneyland. And the new Grizzly Gulch Mine Cars in HKDL, too.

And this doesn't go upside down.... right Chris? (memory loss HERE)

Have we seen this on any other Six Flags coaster before? Perhaps it's the beginning of a trend?

New Texas Giant has the zippers. I want to say maybe Titan as well. I can't remember. I wonder if they will put them on the Medusa trains.

And this doesn't go upside down.... right Chris? (memory loss HERE)

It doesn't go upside down. I know most of the coasters at Disneyland use velcro, but even then much of it has become quite loose over the years. I do imagine that velcro is easier to replace when it finally does fail, though. Superman needs them to remain secure though, there is a TON of airtime on that ride!

Also, I've just been told that the bags are almost completely installed on one train, and only on a couple of seats in the other. We think that they are in the process of doing this at night, as I was there personally 2 weeks ago and saw zero of these.