TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Yay, another RMC transformation! This looks awesome, especially the inversion into the first drop. I'm glad to see that RMC is going to be very busy with projects. Hopefully we'll see more RMC transformations in the coming years *cough* Colossus* cough*.

Wooden bents with a steel support structure and ties.

Bents are columns of wooden supports. Son of Beast's loop was 'normal' wooden track - layers of wood with a steel running plate on top - then with steel ties, a steel spine, and steel supports. It was an oddity, for sure.

Remember Son of beast? they tried doing an all-wood loop and it didn't work out so well for them. (It collapsed, if i recall correctly).

RCCA's layout for Son of Beast required extremely heavy trains to run the course, as they were the only way a train could traverse the entire layout (particularly the loop). Those heavy trains don't bode well for that huge wooden structure, hence the failure of one of the bents and the suuden stop. To salvage the ride, Cedar Fair bought the Gerstlauer trains from Myrtle Beach, which were much lighter and therefore easier on the structure - that required the loop to get axed, though, because those light trains wouldn't be able to make it around. And then you get to where we are today.

Either way, the loop wasn't even remotely all-wood, nor was it the failure point.

They should have made the rails the lime green color that Medusa at SFDK is painted.

My thoughts exactly! I wanna see RMC try out some different colors.

This ride looks absolutely incredible. This done to The Boss would be insane. :Fingers crossed:

My thought was that they just used red in all of their CG videos as some sort of standard, and that maybe the construction colors would be different. However, NTAG and Iron Rattler defeat my theory. They way it looks Goliath will be orange so there is at least the possibility of one other color, and I suppose they didn't give a flashy color to Outlaw Run.

^ The loop was steel I believe. And I don't think it collapsed, at least not in the traditional sense. Something did happen in 2006 causing the train to stop abruptly after the loop and the loop was then removed.

Yeah, the collapsed part was part of the lift, after some quick googling & comparing to stuff i had available from years ago.

Note though: It happened during construction, -not- operation, a windstorm blew down a section of the ride and kinda spelled out what to expect from SOB over the years.

the point is still valid though, you really can't build a true vertical loop on a wooden coaster, with all wood construction, unless it's designed into a very sound structure of it's own, adding one to an existing coaster just wouldn't be possible without pulling a son of beast (Steel support structure)

RMC Could definately pull it off i think, but the cutbacks/barrel rolls and now -diveloops- they're doing are working so far.

Really Nice! Robb Alvey, what if Anaconda @ Walygator got the Iron Horse treatment?

Iron Horse treatment would make the vast majority of wooden coasters better. Considering that Anaconda is one of the worst, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

^The only other thing that might help Anaconda would be a ritual cremation, then sowing the ground with salt.

Looks like Mexico is getting a world-class coaster, if all goes well.

This looks awesome for my #600th sweetie roller coaster!

Meddy will look a-ma-zing when she gets her armor on.

1736205854_ResizeofIMG_1708.JPG.1b901fada4d85362c563489e2dc810e7.JPG

Yes. Yes she was my 600th coaster woo hoo! Rough as heck, but a good woodie all the same. This will fit her, beautifully!

RMC Could definately pull it off i think, but the cutbacks/barrel rolls and now -diveloops- they're doing are working so far.

Every inversion RMC has done so far has been low-G. I don't think they'll be doing any vertical loops, once you go high-G, the element controls the ride and structure.

Darn you Robb for posting the full POV video of this great looking transformation while I am in China with no access to YouTube. Oh well I will be back in the states in 4 days so I guess I can wait until then to see the full video but from Six Flags embedded half video this ride looks great and that first drop/inversion looks insane.

Don't know if anyone knows or if this has been answered already. Will this have Gerstlauer make the trains anymore or at least on this ride?

I from the video it looks like RMC remains because when you look at the sides, they have exactly the same shape as Outlaw Run instead of NTaG or iRat.

^ Just use VPN, I got no problems with going on Facebook, YouTube etc in China.

^The only other thing that might help Anaconda would be a ritual cremation, then sowing the ground with salt.

Looks like Mexico is getting a world-class coaster, if all goes well.

I think Medusa on its own made the park worth visiting, but this really helps seals the deal on that stamp for a world-class must ride coaster.

Every inversion RMC has done so far has been low-G. I don't think they'll be doing any vertical loops, once you go high-G, the element controls the ride and structure.

We all thought that, and RMC always said that, but if they're going forward with a dive loop then there's no reason they can't do a full loop.

We all thought that, and RMC always said that, but if they're going forward with a dive loop then there's no reason they can't do a full loop.

Yeah, i feel like they might be building up to it, NTAG Did massive overbanks, this was followed by iRat & Outlaw run with full barrel rolls, which is now being followed By medusa and Goliath both with Overbanks, Zero-g's, and even a diveloop in the case of goliath.

Though, a full loop from them would probably be hybrid structure ala SOB, though the ride would likely be a smaller scale, better built, and feature topper track, which would make it a massive improvement over SOB.

Medusa Steel Coaster and SFGAm's new Goliath are truly THE stand-out looking rides for next year. Very surprised they did a rollover right before the first drop - that's gong to be insane.

I have always wondered why something similar to this was done on Drachen Fire, and then was basically never done since then. The Wing Rider drops are kind of similar, but how it took B&M 20 years to try something even sort of similar to that baffles me.

I often wonder if Drachen Fire had actually been constructed by B&M, would they have developed the relatively "formulaic" looping coasters that they did since then. Regardless, nice to see the innovation that was in that ride finally starting to pop back up... 20 years later. Looks as amazing as it did on Drachen

• 1 month later...