TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

This ride looks sweet, especially that heart line/drop. I am very happy for Six Flags in Mexico. Sounds like they are doing good and Six Flags is giving them a lot of attention. Hope they keep up their capital spending!

Now we not what potential Boss has in it's layout if it ever get's RMC'd! Boss is just on a larger scale than Medusa!

OMG Boss with an inversion right before the drop would be freaking awesome. That HAS to happen if it ever gets the Iron Horse treatment.

my only complaint is the name, couldn't they have called it Steel Medusa?

Um no. Medusa de Acero does not flow nice and makes it sound kind of... middle schoolish? Perhaps La Venganza de Medusa....But not even, it is better to just keep it as Medusa.

Now we not what potential Boss has in it's layout if it ever get's RMC'd! Boss is just on a larger scale than Medusa!

OMG Boss with an inversion right before the drop would be freaking awesome. That HAS to happen if it ever gets the Iron Horse treatment.

I'm not quite sure how that would work on The Boss. Medusa had a swooping drop, like The Legend at Holiday World and I think that probably played into the decision to put the barrel roll on the drop. Don't get me wrong, if they can add it to The Boss, then I hope they do it!

^^

You're just thinking of Antonio Banderas!!!

This seriously looks like it's going to be an amazing coaster. If there is a Mexico trip, I wanna go!!! John, start saving up that money!!!

Yo quero ride Medusa la eSteel Montana Rusa!!!!

my only complaint is the name, couldn't they have called it Steel Medusa?

Um no. Medusa de Acero does not flow nice and makes it sound kind of... middle schoolish? Perhaps La Venganza de Medusa....But not even, it is better to just keep it as Medusa.

Yup, "Medusa de Acero" does not flow nice in spanish. I agree with just call it "Medusa".

Man, RMC sure does love barrel rolls. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Seriously, this looks amazing. Perhaps the best looking RMC design so far in my eyes!

it's a sense thing with wood.

Remember Son of beast? they tried doing an all-wood loop and it didn't work out so well for them. (It collapsed, if i recall correctly)

The only way something like a full loop or corkscrew will work is if it's completely enclosed in the structure (Take a look at the dive loop on goliath they're doing for a good example)

So, to add inversions to an existing coaster, barrel/zero g rolls are the easiest move, as they can be added right on top of the existing structure and don't need a massive support of their own.

Not that i'll ever complain, They're one of my favorite elements on rides, and on Medusa, they look AMAZING.

^ The loop was steel I believe. And I don't think it collapsed, at least not in the traditional sense. Something did happen in 2006 causing the train to stop abruptly after the loop and the loop was then removed.

Remember Son of beast? they tried doing an all-wood loop and it didn't work out so well for them. (It collapsed, if i recall correctly)

^ The loop was steel I believe.

Wooden bents with a steel support structure and ties.