TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Well the cars did look like skateboards when the coaster was at SFDK. when it moved to Mexico the molded skateboard wheels were removed leaving only the board halves.

Yeh....uh no. LET IT GO ALREADY!!!! No one here gives a crap and I'm sure neither does anyone in Mexico.

Well the cars did look like skateboards when the coaster was at SFDK. when it moved to Mexico the molded skateboard wheels were removed leaving only the board halves.

Six Flags took the normal design of the standard car, and added 'wheels' and a tiny fin to the design, and called it a skateboard. Removing those 'wheels' but leaving the fin does not still make it a skateboard. Below is a pic of the standard car, and its basically the same, as are all Gerstlauer Spinners.

Spinner.jpg.5306d264cd513789a6dddf22b927aacf.jpg

^Also not a skateboard.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SFM posted on Facebook that either Batman, Superman, Boomerang, Medusa, or the tea cups will close after this season.

1013007_10151702537477138_1984510380_n.jpg

DE ÚLTIMA HORA: Este Verano 2013 será muy especial pues diremos adiós a uno de los juegos más emblemáticos de este parque. Uno de los 5 juegos que aparecen en esta foto se despide de ustedes este Verano, ¿Será Superman, Batman The Ride, Boomerang, Medusa o La Fiesta de las Tazas? Estén pendientes...

BREAKING NEWS: This Summer 2013 will be very special as we say goodbye to one of the most iconic rides of this park. One of the five rides featured in this photo will sat goodbye to you this Summer, Will it be Superman, Batman The Ride, Boomerang, Jellyfish or The Feast of Cups? Stay tuned ...

Link

I would guess either Boomerang or the tea cups. There was also a post on Screamscape awhile back about a RMC make over for Medusa, so that could be a possibility as well.

One of those rides is not like the other. I found it kind of funny seeing four of the parks big coasters there and then the tea cups ride.

Medusa looks like it has the potential for a cool layout so a RMC treatment would do wonders for the attraction and give the park another headlining attraction.

Personally I think parks should only do a RMC treatment if they have more than 1 wooden coaster, because now SFFT lacks a true woodie and if Medusa gets the treatment then SFM will lack one, too. Good thing SFoT has Judge Roy Scream, even if it isn't the greatest.

Personally I think parks should only do a RMC treatment if they have more than 1 wooden coaster, because now SFFT lacks a true woodie and if Medusa gets the treatment then SFM will lack one, too. Good thing SFoT has Judge Roy Scream, even if it isn't the greatest.

Almost 100% of SFFT customers think they still they have a woodie. This will be the case at SFM or any other amusement park where a wooden coaster is redone with an Iron Horse treatment.

The banner clearly states "Se va Medusa" which translates into "Medusa is leaving". So, hopefully the Mexican park will be lucky enough to get a new improved version like iRat. Let's see what RMC can do with such a compact layout!

• 2 weeks later...

With the anouncement made by Six Flags Mexico, we created a No Limts Simulation trying to fit some elements of the existing Rocky Mountain creations into the Medusa´s footprint.

This vídeo is the result:

We hope you enjoy it.

• 5 weeks later...

I couldn't find an official Six Flags Mexico (SFM) thread, so I thought I would revive this thread to announce that today was Medusa's LAST DAY EVER. I had the opportunity to ride it about 2 weeks ago and on the TPR Mexico tour. While it held up better than it's cousin Ghostrider at KBF, it has still seen better days. The local club in Mexico City says the rumor is that RMC might be involved with the future plans. Well see soon! Anyway, if you have not ridden it, you can go ahead and cross this one off your wishlist!!

Edited by WFChris

Medusa is now closed.

This is a vídeo of the very last ride of Medusa:

Now we are waiting for a Big Announcement the same day that the other six flags parks. This is the background image of the Facebook site of Six Flags México:

So many rummors inside the park claims that "Linterna verde" (Green Lantern) will replace Medusa. Maybe we could see the first Green Rocky Mountain track.