TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stand-Up Waterslides

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually....

Sky Turtle Technologies is really onto something with the capsule/restraint on slides. I wouldn't mind going down a slide in a huge capsule, restrained in a standing position with padded belt OTSRs. I also wouldn't mind being restrained into a huge ball and rolled down a slide with waterfalls everywhere.

But yeah video looks awful.

Actually....

Sky Turtle Technologies is really onto something with the capsule/restraint on slides. I wouldn't mind going down a slide in a huge capsule, restrained in a standing position with padded belt OTSRs. I also wouldn't mind being restrained into a huge ball and rolled down a slide with waterfalls everywhere.

But yeah video looks awful.

I disagree, that skyloop slide looks awful, at that point what's teh difference between that and a rolelr coasters except you can't see anything and get water poured down you throat the whole way. I'm completly uninterested in that sky loop thing after seeing the video of that capsule and restrain.

The standup thing looks kind of interesting though I doubt any park in America will ever give on a chance.

Why is maintaining a particular separation between a "coaster" and a "slide" necessary for a ride to be enjoyable? I can imagine many types of hybrids between water and coaster attractions that would be exceptionally fun.

I certainly share the concern that the looping slide could really just be disorienting and make you choke down buckets of water. I am holding out good hope this won't be the case, and my larger point was that the technology is a nice innovation with exceptional room for new applications and refinement.

After watching the video i am interested in the stand up slides, but not in a traditional sense. If you have some elevation change at the water park or even just building a slightly raised up platform id like to use these as transportation to other slides instead of having to walk on concrete.

Edited by Ape

I don't like the Sky Turtle thing. They are sending you down a type of waterslide that has been proven to be very unsafe in the past and has broken many peoples necks in a coffin.

That's not quite true. There were injuries on it, but I can't find a single actual report of anything as severe as a broken neck. It was also the circular shape of the loop that was really dangerous; the new slide uses a modern elliptical shape. Still not 100% sold on the general concept, though.

After watching the video i am interested in the stand up slides, but not in a traditional sense. If you have some elevation change at the water park or even just building a slightly raised up platform id like to use these as transportation to other slides instead of having to walk on concrete.

That's a wonderful idea in my opinion!

Even without elevation change I could see something like a short, not very tall very simply built across a wave pool, maybe right at the base (?) of the wave pool (where the waves begin). That could really help park flow as many times the wave pool in a water park is a pain to walk around and it's usually a cluster of people.

The stand up slide thing seems like it could be cool, but I think it'd be better suited for something like a strait racing layout. Could be really fun to have a competition on. Definitely a never in america ride though, seems like it'll be very easy to fall on your face or back and get a concussion/broken bones.

The Skyturtle thing just seems wrong to me. Nothing about being locked in what is essentially a coffin, being half submerged in water, and having no way to help yourself if you start to drown seems fun to me. The concept is cool, but thats all it should be IMO.

Looks awesome to me, but I can't see this being feasible. Wouldn't the risk of someone slipping and hurting themselves be too high? And wouldn't that make it expensive for water parks to insure?

I think the stand-up water slide would be cool as an addition to a water play structure. Or as a fun way to zip around a water park in short bursts. As a stand-alone attraction, well, not that thrilling over other slides.