TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Jurassic War - Compact B&M Floorless

War is coming.

Coming soon to a Universal theme park near you, Jurassic War is an ultra-compact B&M floorless coaster.

JURASSIC WAR STATS

LENGTH: 3,996 feet / 1,218 m

HEIGHT: 80 feet / 24 m

DROP: 110 feet / 33.5 m

SPEED: 58 mph / 93 km/h

INVERSIONS: 10

TRAINS: 4, 20-seat trains (5 rows of riders seated 4 abreast)

Isla Nublar and the Jurassic World theme park have been largely abandoned following the events of Jurassic World. However, a secret government agency has returned to the island to begin weaponizing the dinosaurs that roam the island, specifically the Velociraptors.

Riders are dropped into the "raptor pit" jungle as they duel other trains throughout the twisted, nearly 4,000-foot course.

The coaster contains two major "firsts" for manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard. It's the first B&M coaster to feature 10 inversions, and the first B&M coaster to feature a mid-course launch.

This overview shows a large amount of the course. A pre-lift inversion is hidden, however.

While Jurassic War stands only 80 feet tall, the first drop plunges 110 feet into the "raptor pit."

The coaster duels with itself throughout the ride.

The trains will dispatch at set intervals to allow for multiple close encounters.

There is still much work left to do before a video is ready.

Stay tuned. More previews are coming soon!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.

Edited by coasterdude5

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, this looks incredible and very realistic. I like the fact that from what I could see on the layout picture, this coaster contains a rare "Bowtie" element that was only featured on Dragon Mountain at Marineland. I also think that the trains going through both loops at the same time is a very nice touch

Definitley looking forward to the video.

WOOOWW!! I must admit, I was not expecting much when I clicked on this thread... But I am amazingly surprised.

You did a really good job with this coaster. It has a unique layout, and some nice elements! I can't wait to see the video!! Keep up the great work!!

As always, this looks incredible and very realistic. I like the fact that from what I could see on the layout picture, this coaster contains a rare "Bowtie" element that was only featured on Dragon Mountain at Marineland. I also think that the trains going through both loops at the same time is a very nice touch

Definitley looking forward to the video.

Thank you! The timing took a good bit of work but I think it will pay off.

What an awesome concept. I love the work you have put into this, Its like a B&M Smiler. It's always nice to see your realistic work, Its also nice to see RCT3 played to its full potential.

Thank you, I really appreciate that! That's funny you mention that. I didn't set out to create a B&M Smiler, but when I finished it, that's exactly what I thought of!

WOOOWW!! I must admit, I was not expecting much when I clicked on this thread... But I am amazingly surprised.

You did a really good job with this coaster. It has a unique layout, and some nice elements! I can't wait to see the video!! Keep up the great work!!

Thank you! I'm working as quickly as I can so I can begin work on the video. I'm very excited!

- - - - -

Jurassic War - Update

Work on Jurassic War's load and unload stations has begun. There are still a few finishing touches left to be completed.

Stay tuned for more coming soon!

In the meantime, follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.

Wow. Great work. If only it was real...

Thank you! Maybe Universal will see this... (wishful thinking)

- - - - -

Jurassic War - Update

Work continues on this twisted mess of steel known as Jurassic War!

The entrance area is beginning to take shape. Yes, two animatronic Velociraptors will greet riders as they enter the queue.

The pre-lift section including the first inversion is coming together nicely.

As many as three trains will be able to on the main track at once (with another in the loading station).

Stay tuned for more updates! Keep the feedback coming. I greatly appreciate it (and use it).

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the coaster’s video on my YouTube channel.

Your B&M's always have had a very unique layout. I remember back in Six Flags South Carolina, your B&M floorless "Undertaker" had a lot of elements that B&M probably wouldn't object to attempting, but never did, such as that "90 degree half dive loop going into a half of an inline twist element. It's not a bad thing at all, mind you. I'm glad you go for more unique designs.

I absolutely love that final inversion into the brake run. I always hate when coasters have a boring stretch into the brake run and this absolutely does not disappoint!

Thank you!

Your B&M's always have had a very unique layout. I remember back in Six Flags South Carolina, your B&M floorless "Undertaker" had a lot of elements that B&M probably wouldn't object to attempting, but never did, such as that "90 degree half dive loop going into a half of an inline twist element. It's not a bad thing at all, mind you. I'm glad you go for more unique designs.

Haha, thank you! I take full advantage of the elements the RCT3 developers gifted us with...however unrealistic they may be!

- - - - - -

Jurassic War - Update

A few finishing touches here and there are all that remain before video production on Jurassic War begins!

The entrance plaza now has a spacious restroom facility, lockers and more.

Here you can see one of the four "cages" that trains pass through. Haven't we learned that Velociraptors aren't meant to be captured?

Landscaping work continues, but everything is coming together quite nicely. Stay tuned for more updates!

Jurassic War - Update

Filming has officially begun for the Jurassic War video! The video should be released within the next two weeks.

A large portion of the Jurassic War course keeps riders low to the ground, weaving in and out of a twisted mess of steel supports and lush vegetation.

The overbank turns provides somewhat of a reprieve from the twists, turns and "headchoppers" of the raptor pit.

Stay tuned for more previews!

Jurassic War - Update

I'm putting the finishing touches on the Jurassic War video. Expect it soon! Until then...

Here's a good shot of the coaster's 110-foot drop into the raptor pit. It's hard to get good shots of some of the coaster's element due to the condensed nature of the layout.

The adjacent midway actually extends over the edge of the raptor pit, allowing guests an up-close look of the coaster.

Stay tuned!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for additional previews. And be on the lookout for the Jurassic War video on my YouTube channel.

Jurassic War - Update

The Jurassic War video will be released on Wednesday, Aug. 19! Until then, here are some screens to tide you over:

With a large portion of the ride positioned below the treeline, Jurassic War will likely sneak up on approaching guests, just as a stealthy Velociraptor would.

Much of the queue runs parallel to the coaster's pre-lift sequence, which includes a barrel roll.

Stay tuned. The video is coming soon!

Jurassic War - RIDE IT TODAY!

The wait is over. It's time to venture into the raptor pit.

Your adventure begins after the events of Jurassic World in the research facilities on the nearly deserted Isla Nublar, home of the ill-fated theme park.

A group of government officials have returned to the island to weaponize the remaining Velociraptors – an endeavor that played a role in Jurassic World.

Riders depart the station and navigate through the island’s rocky terrain. A barrel roll flips riders head over hills – a 180-degree turn transitions into the 80-foot-tall lift hill.

The train then plunges near-vertically 110 feet into the “raptor pit” testing ground. Riders enter a double-inversion bowtie element – a first for a Bolliger & Mabillard coaster.

The bowtie element transitions directly into the first vertical loop – which syncs with a train completing the second half the coaster’s 3,996-foot layout.

A sidewinder inversion turns the train back toward the core of the raptor pit. The train threads through the first vertical loop and plunges toward the ground, entering the first of three “cages” meant to slow the raptors. But as learned in Jurassic World, nothing goes according to plan. The first of the two cages “launch” riders rather than slow them. The first launch leads into a large banked turn.

The second launch is considerably more powerful – launching riders from 40-58 mph and into an inverted turn. Riders then maneuver an inclined loop before maneuvering a dizzying ground-hugging chase sequence toward the second vertical loop.

Like the first, it syncs with a train completing the first half of the coaster. A sweeping turn begins the return to the station, but not before a zero-g roll 40 feet above the ground.

The ride concludes with a “flatspin roll” element that leads into the brake run.

JURASSIC WAR STATS

JURASSIC WAR INVERSIONS

1. Barrel Roll

2. 3. Bowtie (2)

4. Vertical Loop

5. Sidewinder

6. Inverted Turn

7. Inclined Loop

8. Vertical Loop

9. Zero-G Roll

10. Flatspin Roll

Let me know what you think! I greatly appreciate your feedback.

For more Jurassic War, follow me on Facebook and Twitter. See more of my videos on my YouTube channel.

Ok...so where do I even start?

This coaster NEEDS to exist, so someone better get Walter and Claude on the phone soon! lol

This coaster had virtually NO boring parts whatsoever, it was just element after element after element with this one and as I said before, a lot of really unique elements and inversion sequences that you really haven't seen B&M attempt yet. The fact that this coaster is only 80 feet tall really proves that size ain't everything when it comes to coasters. Sometimes the short ones can be just as good, if not sometimes better, than the 200 foot tall monsters.

Ok...so where do I even start?

This coaster NEEDS to exist, so someone better get Walter and Claude on the phone soon! lol

This coaster had virtually NO boring parts whatsoever, it was just element after element after element with this one and as I said before, a lot of really unique elements and inversion sequences that you really haven't seen B&M attempt yet. The fact that this coaster is only 80 feet tall really proves that size ain't everything when it comes to coasters. Sometimes the short ones can be just as good, if not sometimes better, than the 200 foot tall monsters.

Thanks, fraroc! I really appreciate the kind words and feedback.

Reposting in case anyone missed it at the bottom of the last page:

- - - - -

Jurassic War - RIDE IT TODAY!

The wait is over. It's time to venture into the raptor pit.

Your adventure begins after the events of Jurassic World in the research facilities on the nearly deserted Isla Nublar, home of the ill-fated theme park.

A group of government officials have returned to the island to weaponize the remaining Velociraptors – an endeavor that played a role in Jurassic World.

Riders depart the station and navigate through the island’s rocky terrain. A barrel roll flips riders head over hills – a 180-degree turn transitions into the 80-foot-tall lift hill.

The train then plunges near-vertically 110 feet into the “raptor pit” testing ground. Riders enter a double-inversion bowtie element – a first for a Bolliger & Mabillard coaster.

The bowtie element transitions directly into the first vertical loop – which syncs with a train completing the second half the coaster’s 3,996-foot layout.

A sidewinder inversion turns the train back toward the core of the raptor pit. The train threads through the first vertical loop and plunges toward the ground, entering the first of three “cages” meant to slow the raptors. But as learned in Jurassic World, nothing goes according to plan. The first of the two cages “launch” riders rather than slow them. The first launch leads into a large banked turn.

The second launch is considerably more powerful – launching riders from 40-58 mph and into an inverted turn. Riders then maneuver an inclined loop before maneuvering a dizzying ground-hugging chase sequence toward the second vertical loop.

Like the first, it syncs with a train completing the first half of the coaster. A sweeping turn begins the return to the station, but not before a zero-g roll 40 feet above the ground.

The ride concludes with a “flatspin roll” element that leads into the brake run.

JURASSIC WAR STATS

JURASSIC WAR INVERSIONS

1. Barrel Roll

2. 3. Bowtie (2)

4. Vertical Loop

5. Sidewinder

6. Inverted Turn

7. Inclined Loop

8. Vertical Loop

9. Zero-G Roll

10. Flatspin Roll

Let me know what you think! I greatly appreciate your feedback.

For more Jurassic War, follow me on Facebook and Twitter. See more of my videos on my YouTube channel.

• 3 weeks later...

JURASSIC WAR - BONUS FOOTAGE

Hello again! Thank you for the responses to the Jurassic War video. I really enjoyed building this coaster, and I'm honored that the final product was well received.

I realized that I had a decent amount of leftover footage (surprising considering the length of the JW video), so I decided to make a "bonus footage" compilation. Watch it below:

Thanks again for your support!

• 4 months later...